Stone Edge

NInetails

Energy Ball

Flamethrower

Will o wisp

Confuse Ray

also looking for suggestions on a sixth member, and 7th or 8th if needed

Edited by sw1sh

Really solid looking team :] (Curious as to how you got Iron Head onto your Excadrill though..)

If you can post the abilities of your mons, that would be nice. Other than that, I believe this team can pretty much cruise through Reborn.

Grass Knot is probably more useful over Dark Pulse on Greninja, and Nasty Plot is a more consistent option over Confuse Ray on Ninetales.

If your Excadrill has Sand Rush, you could consider Sandstorm over Iron Head, but Excadrill is fast enough that X Speed in any situation is probably better.

You have good setup sweepers; I would recommend something to support them. Try a Prankster Whimsicott with Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Charm, Tailwind. It could spend literally its entire life at L28 and it'll do everything it needs to.

Edited by dondon151

As someone has already said, Grass Knot>Dark Pulse, the psychic and the ghost gym are done, you don't need it.

I like your Gardevoir, this is one of my favorites movesets for it, I use charge beam/trick room instead of tbolt/calmmind (I was suggested), but this one is really good. For me the new one works, but maybe it's not going to work for you, keep with this.

The excadrill is good.

I don't like stone edge that much, bad accuracy, rock slide will be more useful in double battles, but that's just my opinion, you can keep it.

Nasty Plot will help a lot, you can remove Confuse Ray.

Pretty good team, I'm not going to suggest new ones because I'm not that pro in team creating.

My other ground mons are mamoswine and diggersby kinda wanna use diggersby though

DIggersby is a good Swords Dance sweeper; it's offensively better than Excadrill at any rate. It doesn't have all of those resistances, but it also doesn't matter if you're using the Prankster Whimsicott to help you set up a sweep.

I really liked your team, but if a water type comes up, you won't have anything to resist it, so I suggest you to get a grass-type or an electric-type.

Tangela is the only decent grass-type you can catch in this game, or you can get your hands on a magnemite/shinx/tynamo.

Whimsicott's better. If it's a physical water-type, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, or Charm, switch in Conkeldurr after Whimsicott faints, then Bulk Up and sweep. If it's a special water-type, Stun Spore or Leech Seed, switch in Gardevoir after Whimsicott faints, then Calm Mind and sweep.

Edited by dondon151

Damn my bad about the excadrill thing for some reason I thought it had the move iron head lol but yeah

My other ground mons are mamoswine and diggersby kinda wanna use diggersby though

Diggersby is very powerful, but Mamoswine's Ice typing makes it a more interesting choice, especially in future episodes, when you'll be facing gym leader saphira

Whimsicott's better. If it's a physical water-type, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, or Charm, switch in Conkeldurr after Whimsicott faints, then Bulk Up and sweep. If it's a special water-type, Stun Spore or Leech Seed, switch in Gardevoir after Whimsicott faints, then Calm Mind and sweep.

He wants a pokemon, not a death fodder. An adamant EV trained tangrowth's power whip can kill almost anything that doesn't resist it.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

He wants a pokemon, not a death fodder. An adamant EV trained tangrowth's power whip can kill almost anything that doesn't resist it.

How is supporter Whimsicott not a Pokemon?

TC wanted a sixth Pokemon for his team. I suggested a Pokemon that's incredibly low-maintenance and complements 4 out of the 5 current members of the team. TC already has 5 Pokemon that would cruise through at least 90% of battles, and no individual Pokemon can improve that number better than a Prankster supporter.

You're free to challenge this if you don't think that my suggestion is helpful, but "he wants a Pokemon, not death fodder" is a silly argument. If I wanted to be dismissive in turn, I could have just said, "he wants a helpful Pokemon, not something stupid."

Edited by dondon151

How is supporter Whimsicott not a Pokemon?

TC wanted a sixth Pokemon for his team. I suggested a Pokemon that's incredibly low-maintenance and complements 4 out of the 5 current members of the team. TC already has 5 Pokemon that would cruise through at least 90% of battles, and no individual Pokemon can improve that number better than a Prankster supporter.

You're free to challenge this if you don't think that my suggestion is helpful, but "he wants a Pokemon, not death fodder" is a silly argument.

I suggested him a grass/electric pokemon to give his team coverage against a possible water-type trainer, something that offensive tangrowth does well, but you suggested a pokemon with a completely different funtion, while dissing out tangrowth, effectively comparing apples to oranges. I'm not the silly one here, you need to read someone else's comment better before coming up with such arrogance.

I suggested him a grass/electric pokemon to give his team coverage against a possible water-type trainer, something that offensive tangrowth does well, but you suggested a pokemon with a completely different funtion, while dissing out tangrowth, effectively comparing apples to oranges. I'm not the silly one here, you need to read someone else's comment better before coming up with such arrogance.

Isn't Whimsicott a grass-type anyway...

I just outlined how a water-type trainer can be beat with this setup. A generic trainer with water-type Pokemon doesn't require a specialized counter when TC has 3 Pokemon that have a neutral matchup. A major trainer with water-type Pokemon can be set up on, at which point type disadvantages no longer matter.

So i got a question, my current team is as follows:

Riachu lvl 51 - Discharge, Round, Sweet Kiss, Nasty Plot

Greninja lvl 51 - Water Pulse, Smack Down, Extrasensory, Water Shuriken

Arcanine lvl50 - Flare Blitz, Outrage, Heat Wave, Rock Smash

Machamp lvl 50 - Cross Chop, Strength, Wake-up Slap, Dual Chop

Goureist lvl 51 - Seed Bomb, Leech Seed, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak

Pidgeot lvl 50 - Wing Attack, Round, Quick Attack, Roost

I'm stuck on Noah really bad and so I'm curious what anyone would think to add/replace my team with. I've been going after Aron in exchange for Pidgeot but I'm up for any other suggestions.

Erm Patrick, this thread was more or less used for Sw1sh's team and to gain feedback for his team. If you have trouble with a certain Gym Leader/battle, you should post in this thread -> Official Gym Leader Help Thread. I'm gonna quote what I suggested in that thread here, with minor edits.

Looking at your team, your Machamp should be able to take on the Normal types such as Cincinno and Porygon-Z and your Raichu/Greninja should be able to take on Swellow.

The rest of Noel's team is composed of Wigglytuff, Girafarig, and Clefable. Being said, your team needs to have certain types to counter those mons: Electric, Steel, and Poison.

Steel types you can use would be Klingklang, Magneton, Durant, and Escavalier. Poison types you can use would be Weezing, Garbodor, Muk, Crobat, and Scolipede.

The removal of Staraptor from his team makes things easier imo so you shouldn't have that much trouble after picking up some of these mons and replacing them with the ones you feel aren't doing much. Good luck.

EDIT: If you need to know where some of these mons are located at, check out Sky's Pokemon Location Guide V2 and Notus's Reborn EV Training Guide if you need to see the encounter rates/time of day for the mon you're looking for. Also, if you are interested in some breeding for a better team later on in the game, check out Etesian's Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon