Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Mega Stone Hunting

Dragon God Goomy

Question

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In all honesty other candidates I could see being a thing soon in that case.

Aerodactyl

Ampharos

Houndoom

Abomasnow (would be fitting around Ametrine)

Pidgeot

Glalie

Audino

Pidgeot

Gotta train Bird Jesus again is seems

Let's see..

Speaking of allowing the wost megas to be obtainable early, Gallade has the worst ability EVER. Right, Ame? Right? <3

Gallade... hmmm... It's in OverUsed AND it gets Skill Swap, so that's a big no no. Imagine stealing something like Huge Power from one of our foes and sweeping through their entire team.

In all honesty other candidates I could see being a thing soon in that case.

Aerodactyl

Ampharos

Houndoom

Abomasnow (would be fitting around Ametrine)

Pidgeot

Glalie

Audino

I don't think we'll get Glalie until post-Saphira because dat ability destroys just about any dragon (excluding a few like Kingdra). Pidgeot is quite possible. It does get Hurricane, which is annoying, but not game breaking so we'll see. Aero's main death is priority with its paper defenses. But other than that, It destroys all life around it, so I'm gonna say probably not. Audino is better without a mega, so I'm sure we'll get that mega stone.

I don't think we'll get Glalie until post-Saphira because dat ability destroys just about any dragon (excluding a few like Kingdra).

Glalie's only available options that can be boosted by Refrigerate are Headbutt and Facade. Both are exactly 1.1% stronger than Ice Beam.

Glalie's only available options that can be boosted by Refrigerate are Headbutt and Facade. Both are exactly 1.1% stronger than Ice Beam.

252+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Glalie Facade vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Multiscale Dragonite: 458 - 542 (118.7 - 140.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Excuse me.

252+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Glalie Facade vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Multiscale Dragonite: 458 - 542 (118.7 - 140.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Excuse me.

So first of all, that's definitely an erroneous calc. I got 230-272 (59.5 - 70.4%), which is almost exactly half of what you got. Whatever you were using, it probably forgot to factor in Multiscale.

Second of all, I'm not sure if it was possible to be any more explicit in my previous post. Mega Glalie does the same amount of damage to Dragonite with Ice Beam (actually slightly less because Dragonite's spdef is higher, but that's immaterial). You said in your post that Mega Glalie's "ability destroys just about any dragon" and that's demonstrably false. As is, Mega Glalie does that regardless of Refrigerate because its only accessible moves that are boosted by Refrigerate are not stronger than its usual Ice-type STABs.

Is this unclear in any way?

Edited by dondon151

An Ice beam from a Greninja will kill Multiscale Dragonite. Why wouldn't a refrigerate boosted return from a M-glalie with +17base power not do the same?

Ice beam: base 90 power
facade: base 70 power . with refrigerate boost 70X1.3=91 power

factor in STAB from both

Edited by nickcrash

Alright, don't take my word for it. How about these?

252+ SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 359-424 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 328-385 (101.5 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252- SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 291-346 (90 - 107.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Even being Jolly, it has a chance to do it.

You're moving the goalposts. AuthorReborn used a fully invested defensive EV spread for Dragonite when he claimed that Refrigerate Facade can OHKO Multiscale Dragonite. He also did not assume a Life Orb (obviously, because Mega Glalie can't hold a Life Orb!).

Edited by dondon151

Please try doing the calcs to see for yourself. You disputed my saying that Greninja can OHKO Multiscale Dragonite and THAT is where I proved you wrong.

Here's for Glalie.

0+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 384-452 (118.8 - 139.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

84+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Return vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 324-384 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 368-434 (95.3 - 112.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

That's even if you will never see the last set, because Dragonite will almost always have 252 EVs in speed or attack.

Point stands.

About Facade, with multiscale and no burn/toxic it does not OHKO said set. It does 2HKO though.

252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Facade vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 254-300 (65.8 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With status:
252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 504-594 (130.5 - 153.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Without such EVs

252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Facade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 320-380 (99 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Please try doing the calcs to see for yourself. You disputed my saying that Greninja can OHKO Multiscale Dragonite and THAT is where I proved you wrong.

I swear to Arceus...

Here I outline the key details in this exchange:

I don't think we'll get Glalie until post-Saphira because dat ability destroys just about any dragon (excluding a few like Kingdra).

The point here was that MGlalie's ability doesn't "destroy just about any dragon" any more than MGlalie already does by itself.

Excuse me.

This is already a non sequitur to my previous post because it doesn't disprove, nor does it even address, anything that I said. But it was wrong regardless, so I refuted it.

An Ice beam from a Greninja will kill Multiscale Dragonite. Why wouldn't a refrigerate boosted return from a M-glalie with +17base power not do the same?

Ice beam: base 90 power

facade: base 70 power . with refrigerate boost 70X1.3=91 power

factor in STAB from both

Even worse, this is a non sequitur to AuthorReborn's non sequitur, because you are talking on different wavelengths! AuthorReborn's point was, look, MGlalie is so strong that it OHKOs even a fully invested +def nature Multiscale Dragonite with an unremarkable move. This happened to be incorrect.

Given the context of this conversation, how in the hell was I supposed to know that you were talking about a Life Orb Protean Greninja attacking a not-fully-invested Multiscale Dragonite?

Here's for Glalie.

[Return vs. Dragonite calcs]

That's even if you will never see the last set, because Dragonite will almost always have 252 EVs in speed or attack.

Point stands.

Glalie can't yet learn Return because I'm pretty sure the TM is unavailable in-game, and the first listed set on Smogon for Dragonite runs neither 252 atk nor 252 spe.

Ultimately, Refrigerate does not make MGlalie more overpowered than it would already be because the requisite moves are not yet available. This fact does not change regardless of how many sneaky dishonest damage calculations you can fit into a post.

Edited by dondon151

Hellooooooooooooooo Guys.

1st of all get what Mega u want to use and after check what strategy can you use with it. Like the Return that is TM and WE DONT HAVE IT

So calm down and wait until we have something in our hands. Speculation is good but that's Reborn.

Even if we get something like Mega Glalie before Sapphira, Ame is going to give her some field like superheat

For me I'm siting here on the corner and just waiting for the Metagrossite

So first of all, that's definitely an erroneous calc. I got 230-272 (59.5 - 70.4%), which is almost exactly half of what you got. Whatever you were using, it probably forgot to factor in Multiscale.

Second of all, I'm not sure if it was possible to be any more explicit in my previous post. Mega Glalie does the same amount of damage to Dragonite with Ice Beam (actually slightly less because Dragonite's spdef is higher, but that's immaterial). You said in your post that Mega Glalie's "ability destroys just about any dragon" and that's demonstrably false. As is, Mega Glalie does that regardless of Refrigerate because its only accessible moves that are boosted by Refrigerate are not stronger than its usual Ice-type STABs.

Is this unclear in any way?

Yes, but the fact that it was unclear was my fault. I forgot to mention that the Mega Glalie was under status, such as poison. That was the error, not the Multiscale. I apologize for not mentioning that, but I assumed it was implied through using Facade unstead of Heatbutt. My bad. Edited by AuthorReborn

^ i think the only "fake" pokemon have been pulse megas.. So unless titania(or whatever the steel gymleaders name is) uses pulse aegislash, its not happening.totally expects it to happen

And regarding glalie, doesn't it get freeze dry now? How much is kingdra taking from that?

252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 360-426 (111.4 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 359-424 (111.1 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Saphira's dragonite is not invincible. Get over it, kid. Now excuse me.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

I suggest we drop this.

Hilda, Gallade's ability does really well. No flinch haxing, etc.If you really don't like it then you can skill swap. It's my favorite mega *-*

Author, Gallade actually wasn't in OU last year. I'll say it again. Tier doesn't compute viability. No matter what mega it is, I'll make use of it.

252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 360-426 (111.4 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 359-424 (111.1 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Saphira's dragonite is not invincible. Get over it, kid. Now excuse me.

Field Effect, EVs and lot of stuff Ame can do about that.

We don't even have the ability to Mega Evolve Glalie and we talk casualy about that.

Get over your high horse guys

Edited by Qaaz