My Squad!

Ryudara

Hey guys,

I am making my team using my favorites pokemon which are available so far. I would like some help with moves and items.

Let's go:

Lucario @Life Orb

Modest

Steadfast

Skills: Aura Sphere (Please, do an animation for it), Nasty Plot, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon (not yet)

Greninja @ Mind Plate

Timid

Protean

Skills: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Extrasensory

Arcanine @Charcoal

Timid

Flash Fire

Skills: Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Extremespeed, Hidden Power (Dark)

Raichu @No Item

Timid

Lightningroud

Skills: Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot, Double Team, Hidder Power (Grass)

Metagross @No Item

Adamant

Clear Body

Skills: Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm

Zoroark @No Item

Timid

Ilusion

Skills: Night Daze, Flamethrower, Hidder Power (Ice), Nasty Plot

Tyrantrum @No Item

Adamant

Rock Head

Skills: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Head Smash, Earthquake

Thanks!

Wouldn't you want Dark Pulse on Greninja? Take that over Extrasensory. Solid moveset.

Run Dark Pulse on Lucario instead of Dragon Pulse. That is perfect type coverage.

You'd do better with a Hasty or Naive nature on Arcanine, as Timid would weaken Extremespeed and Crunch. Growlthe learns Crunch, so go for that over HP Dark.

I can;t suggest anything for Zoroark, Metagross, Raichu and Tyrantrum. Their respective items for boosted stab I guess. For example, a Metal Coat for Metagross.

Wouldn't you want Dark Pulse on Greninja? Take that over Extrasensory. Solid moveset.

Run Dark Pulse on Lucario instead of Dragon Pulse. That is perfect type coverage.

You'd do better with a Hasty or Naive nature on Arcanine, as Timid would weaken Extremespeed and Crunch. Growlthe learns Crunch, so go for that over HP Dark.

I can;t suggest anything for Zoroark, Metagross, Raichu and Tyrantrum. Their respective items for boosted stab I guess. For example, a Metal Coat for Metagross.

Thanks for all Sonikku. You always reply my questions. Cool man.

About Arcanine, I put hidden power because he is special attack, not phisical. About the Nature, I will change.

Now, Lucario moves are: Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot. I will change Dragon Pulse when I get Flash Cannon.

About Greninja, What nature would be the best: Modest or Timid? Another thing, where can I get Grass Knot?

I will look for Metal Coat.

Thanks again man!

Personally, I think brick break is better than hammer arm on metagross. I got one with agility (don't ask me why I still didn't replace bullet punch for brick break).

Rest looks good :)

Hmm, interesting. I will change. Have animation? skills without animation are sucks hahaha. Thks bro

Edited by Ryudara

Thanks for all Sonikku. You always reply my questions. Cool man.

Now, Lucario moves are: Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot. I will change Dragon Pulse when I get Flash Cannon.

About Greninja, What nature would be the best: Modest or Timid? Another thing, where can I get Grass Knot?

n_n

Greninja is reeeaaally fast, I'm not sure if the opponents pokemon have beneficial natures or not. They most likely do, so to be safe, run Timid. If you want to be screaming 'ban me' run Modest. Iirc Flobot (Florinia) gave Grass Knot in a previous Episode. She started giving Nature Power in 13 I think.

It depends on whether you want coverage vs. fighting and poison or psychic and ghost. TC's Pokemon already have good coverage vs. psychic and ghost. Extrasensory is better in competitive play and it's probably better in-game, too.

Greninja is reeeaaally fast, I'm not sure if the opponents pokemon have beneficial natures or not. They most likely do, so to be safe, run Timid. If you want to be screaming 'ban me' run Modest. Iirc Flobot (Florinia) gave Grass Knot in a previous Episode. She started giving Nature Power in 13 I think.

I think this is poor advice. For an in-game team, you should almost always prefer a +atk or +spatk nature over a +spe one. The reason is that most opponent Pokemon aren't very fast, and with a +spe nature you're only getting the jump on a handful of opponent Pokemon whereas you're losing guaranteed OHKOs on a lot of opponent Pokemon.

The thing is, trainers in Reborn have competitive natures, EV spreads, and teams overall. I also said it comes down to personal preference for natures.

Yes, I know this, but it doesn't matter. +atk and +spatk are almost always better than +spe in-game. It's not a matter of personal preference - you'll more often get OHKOs from +atk/+spatk than you will outspeed opponent Pokemon from +spe.

Edited by dondon151

You can get Arcanine with Close Combat if you breed it with Lucario, Zangoose or Mankey. I believe Agility is better than Bullet Punch for Metagross and replace Hammer Arm with Brick Break. Greninja moveset are excellent needs no change. You got Zoroark for Dark moves (you need that Grass Knot since you got no other grass moves) The natures are fine IMO. Just check Zoroark stats (never seen this Poke, he looks cool :P)...it's defense is terrible, since you got nothing on him, slap a BrightPowder. He can't abuse it like my Froslass but it's something lol. You can give Wide Lens (steal it from wild Yanma) to Metagross to compensate for that 90 accuracy on both Zen Headbutt and Meteor Mash. You can get Leftovers from a Pick up team (although they have to be level 91 I believe). I got mine from a older EP stealing it from Muchlax I think....

Now, if you excuse me, I need to find out how you got that Life Orb....

Edited by Smok3iT

Greninja should have an Expert Belt instead of MInd Plate. With four different move types, it is supereffective on most things, so the boost to it's supereffective move's damage will help it quite a lot.

Everything else seems to be good. Although 5 of your pokemon are weak to ground types. That's a thing. I don't know if hidden power will be enough to stop Terra.

Everything else seems to be good. Although 5 of your pokemon are weak to ground types. That's a thing. I don't know if hidden power will be enough to stop Terra.

Going to write this in a spoiler tag, contains spoilers, u r warned...

Dude, don't spoil it for him (he may already knew T3rr4 is Ground Type Gym but still). Also, if he EV train Greninja properly (252 on Sp.A and 252 on Speed) it can sweep T3rr4 Poke anyway including Quaqsire due to Grass Knot...

Edited by Smok3iT

You can get Arcanine with Close Combat if you breed it with Lucario, Zangoose or Mankey. I believe Agility is better than Bullet Punch for Metagross and replace Hammer Arm with Brick Break. Greninja moveset are excellent needs no change. You got Zoroark for Dark moves (you need that Grass Knot since you got no other grass moves) The natures are fine IMO. Just check Zoroark stats (never seen this Poke, he looks cool :P)...it's defense is terrible, since you got nothing on him, slap a BrightPowder. He can't abuse it like my Froslass but it's something lol. You can give Wide Lens (steal it from wild Yanma) to Metagross to compensate for that 90 accuracy on both Zen Headbutt and Meteor Mash. You can get Leftovers from a Pick up team (although they have to be level 91 I believe). I got mine from a older EP stealing it from Muchlax I think....

Now, if you excuse me, I need to find out how you got that Life Orb....

Cool, thanks very much!

There is a nickaboo video on youtube

Greninja should have an Expert Belt instead of MInd Plate. With four different move types, it is supereffective on most things, so the boost to it's supereffective move's damage will help it quite a lot.

Where can I get Expert Belt?

Yah, is a a problem man... but I like those pokemon :\

where he teaches where we can get the Life Orb.

May I ask just how you got Ice Beam on Greninja? As far as I know, the ice beam TM is not in the game yet (at least I don't think it is :P). I don't think you can get it by breeding either, unless you went back to an episode without gen 6 breeding mechanics.

That is right, it is only possible with Gen V Breeding Mechanics. To get Ice Beam onto Greninja, you can breed a Male Seel/Dewgong/Remoraid/Octillery with a Female Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja.

If you are interested in other movesets with Gen V Breeding Mechanics, check out Etesian's Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets.

EDIT: Forgot to say Gen VI Breeding Mechanics were introduced in Episode 13 so a episode like 12 would Gen V Breeding Mechanics.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

May I ask just how you got Ice Beam on Greninja? As far as I know, the ice beam TM is not in the game yet (at least I don't think it is :P). I don't think you can get it by breeding either, unless you went back to an episode without gen 6 breeding mechanics.

He does not got yet.

First of, let me say that Grass Knot is in the game still, it's a TM in the Meteor Hideout where you get the Aster & Eclipse double-battle in E13.

Holy hell, I didn't even notice that huge Ground weakness without Taska mentioning it.

Anyways, Lucarion is fine. Though it can take hits, so give that Life Orb to Greninja.

Keep Extrasensory, we're past both types weak to Dark. Same applies to the gyms weak to Psychic, but Cain is still around. I really dislike Hydro Pump's accuracy and it's not much stronger, so I'd run Surf over that, but it's up to preference. And Mind Plate can be ditched, since that's likely going to be the least-used attack out of those 4. An Ice Plate, or whatever it's called, would be great.

Arcanine doesn't need Hidden Power (especially not Dark, if it learns Crunch, though you need neither). Sunny Day also only boosts 2 moves on your team (the 2 Flamethrowers). I'd recommend Outrage, Flare Blitz/Heat Wave, Close Combat and Agility. Don't bother with Extreme Speed, Agility lets you outspeed all foes anyways. Intimidate would also come in handy waaaaaay more often, as foes would never use Fire moves on Arcanine anyways. You can also swap Timid for Adamant then.

Well, here's something unique, a Raichu. Anyways, I'd reeeeeeally recommend grabbing a new one with HP Ice, giving it the Grass Knot TM, keeping Thunderbolt and Nasty Plot. Also, if you can predict an Electric attack and get the boost, then Lightning Rod is fine, but if not, Static is better for the para-chance.

As has been stated, Wide Lens, and Hammer Arm+Bullet Punch<<Brick Break+Agility. Priority is unnecessary since you'll outspeed everything anyways after Agility. Hammer Arm is a bit stronger than Brick Break, but HA seriously interferes with Agility boosts, and Screens, when set, are really annoying.

Great Zoroark, that HP will really come in handy, but there's only one Gym weak to Fire left. Till then, you can go for Grass Knot.

Perfect Tyrantrum. But give it a Wide Lens too.

As for items for your team, can't go wrong with gems! Just stack up on them in the O.Dept.Store, they go for like 200 bucks a piece. And although they don't work currently, they'll be fixed and Metronomes are great.