Poison Monotyping

Rielly987

Ello All Rielly Here and today i've embarked on a personal journey to monotype. This will be my first monotype so im gonna need alot of tips and since i was bored and had extra time i changed the protagonist to make me get into it a little better :D

So right now heres my team and ill keep this post updated to where i get on my journey. Help is really appreciated so if you have any tips please add This is pre first gym as of now.

Level 15

Bulbasaur

Level 15

Budew

Level 10

Grimmer

Level 11

Ekans

Level 11

Trubish

Also heres our hero of the story

post-51120-0-82244600-1419468129_thumb.png

Edited by Rielly987

As a mono-type steel trainer, firstly I'm going to spit on your weak poison types.

As for tips to a monotype run, you will have a lot of problems, but don't give up, each win is very satisfying. Make sure that you cover as many different types with as many pokemon as you can, and make sure each of your 'mons gets a good moveset. I don't know a ton about good poison types, I honestly never liked the type. I would guess setting up toxic spikes on one of your guys would be good, entry hazards are actually pretty strong. For a poison type, I would recommend at least 1 wall, so you can let poison wear them down :D

I feel like doing a mono-grass as it has a crap ton of weaknesses but I also want to do a mono-flying run as flying is such a diverse type with lots of cool pokemon in its class (Plus Eviolite Scyther which is one of my favorite sets :V)

Mortal, I just wrecked a steel team with my poison monotype on showdown, so come forth to be punished for your overconfidence.

A mono poison is possible in Reborn. Make sure you make a Skuntank wall. It will be helpful until you reach Luna

Usually I would recommend Venomoth before Episode 14 as it was a monster against Aya with Quiver Dance. Now with Move Relearner avaible after Aya I´m not sure anymore. Also Trubbish will be really great for Florina and Arbok for Corey´s Crobat.

Also listen to Etesian.

Edited by Yazmat