4th Gen Shiny Topic

Amethyst

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think this looks great. Maybe you can make the blue of the eyes a little stronger.

Btw:

WE NEED POWERPUFF-GIRLS LAKE GUARDIANS!

Powerpuff_girls_characters.jpg

Okay, more intense blues. I´ll do frontsprite and eventually the others while I´m at it.

Seconded powerpuffgirls lake-guardians. I think I might do that if nobody else has when I´m done with Luxray and it´s pre-volutions.

I love that idea!

Seconded powerpuffgirls lake-guardians. I think I might do that if nobody else has when I´m done with Luxray and it´s pre-volutions.

I love that idea!

Aw yeah. And remember: Pink one is Mesprit (calm, balanced), Uxie is the blue one (shy, sensible) and Azelf is the green one (direct, kind of agressive) ... it fits so perfectly ^^

E: Here's Ambipom. Need feedback regarding the colour of his hands/tails/whatever:

xe7dcsyv.png

Aipom for reference:

z39ig4j6.png

Edited by Calvius

• Developers

made a slight change to make it match the purple gastrodon and I hope this shows but I tried to make the underbelly on the gastrodon more slime and the top part more of a translucent membrane so hopefully it doesnt look one big slime body but two seprate parts seperated by the gray lnes

423_1_zpsbdf70e55.png

and heres the backsprites didnt turn out as good as I wanted :(

422b_zps879bb05d.png423b_1_zps8d51f9cd.png

422b_1_zps1b71a0a0.png423b_2_zps59e7f830.png

Edited by smeargletail

Aw yeah. And remember: Pink one is Mesprit (calm, balanced), Uxie is the blue one (shy, sensible) and Azelf is the green one (direct, kind of agressive) ... it fits so perfectly ^^

E: Here's Ambipom. Need feedback regarding the colour of his hands/tails/whatever:

xe7dcsyv.png

Aipom for reference:

z39ig4j6.png

I like the colors but I suggest you make the entire "finger" parts blue instead of just the tips. I think that'd look better.

made a slight change to make it match the purple gastrodon and I hope this shows but I tried to make the underbelly on the gastrodon more slime and the top part more of a translucent membrane so hopefully it doesnt look one big slime body but two seprate parts seperated by the gray lnes

423_1_zpsbdf70e55.png

I love those backsprites, keep it up! ^_^

I've sligtly changed Mismagius;

Old:

oVE5NdE.pngZKddJJJ.png

New:

ISEH0VU.pngkLc2Hp1.png

I've also reworked the Kricketot/tune sprites!

Here are the new ones:

Color: Actual Cricket colors

xJDVLUR.pngTMNUOpD.png

K9T2T3e.pngcKFLLEV.png

b5WxZSX.pngInC6sAA.png

Old:

oVE5NdE.pngZKddJJJ.png

New:

ISEH0VU.pngkLc2Hp1.png

xJDVLUR.pngTMNUOpD.png

K9T2T3e.pngcKFLLEV.png

b5WxZSX.pngInC6sAA.png

The Mismagius looks better now, it's done now I guess.

But there's something bugging me (pun intended) abot the Kricketot/-tune sprites. I just don't know what. But don't get me wrong, the direction this is going definitly is the right one!

E: So which one do you like better?

fm3gnijx.png6opchjj4.png

2.E: I tried my best with Bibarel. Had absolutely no clue what to do with it, but then this popped into my mind:

fijn_616112.jpg

For those, who don't know it; it's the mascot of one of the biggest building supplies store here in Germany, the so called "Obihörnchen". It resembles a biever, sooo ...

ssnaulhd.png

What do you guys think? ^^

Edited by Calvius

fm3gnijx.png6opchjj4.png

2.E: I tried my best with Bibarel. Had absolutely no clue what to do with it, but then this popped into my mind:

fijn_616112.jpg

For those, who don't know it; it's the mascot of one of the biggest building supplies store here in Germany, the so called "Obihörnchen". It resembles a biever, sooo ...

ssnaulhd.png

I think the left looks better, the right one is a bit too blue for me. Looks a bit weird.

I´ve never heard of the Obihörnchen, even though I´m german as well. And maybe you could make the orange a bit less powerful, a bit less saturated. It´s a little bit too much ^^

Though I have to say, I´m not entirely sold on that idea ^^

I've also reworked the Kricketot/tune sprites!

Here are the new ones:

Color: Actual Cricket colors

xJDVLUR.pngTMNUOpD.png

K9T2T3e.pngcKFLLEV.png

b5WxZSX.pngInC6sAA.png

Maybe you could make the yellow parts a bit darker and a little bit green? Kricketune´s beard, wings and those two dots should stay black. Well, maybe only wings and dots, maybe it should have a blonde beard. The part under the beard or between the beard, that round nose, should be a dark green.

423_1_zpsbdf70e55.png

*saves* MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!

The Mismagius looks better now, it's done now I guess.

But there's something bugging me (pun intended) abot the Kricketot/-tune sprites. I just don't know what. But don't get me wrong, the direction this is going definitly is the right one!

fm3gnijx.png6opchjj4.png

fijn_616112.jpg

ssnaulhd.png

What do you guys think? ^^

I prefer the right one, maybe you could give the ends of the hands (the small hands-hands, not the large tail-hands) some beige color too?

About Bibarel, the "Öbihornchen" is not a thing many people would know, but I like the concept and the sprite :)

Random question: These shiny sprites will likely all be ready for use before Episode 15. Would we then start with the Generation 5 sprites for EP 16 and Gen 6 for EP17 or are there overlaps?

I prefer the right one, maybe you could give the ends of the hands (the small hands-hands, not the large tail-hands) some beige color too?

About Bibarel, the "Öbihornchen" is not a thing many people would know, but I like the concept and the sprite :)

Random question: These shiny sprites will likely all be ready for use before Episode 15. Would we then start with the Generation 5 sprites for EP 16 and Gen 6 for EP17 or are there overlaps?

I prefer the one with complete blue hands, too. But I wouldn't put beige on the small hands. Looks weird, tried it ..

I know that hardly anyone will regongnize the Obihörnchen, but it gave me the idea, so yeah :D

When one generation of shinies is done, they will be implented in the upcoming episode. Meanwhile, the next generation will be worked on. There is no direct connection to the release of the episodes. Btw, the 6. gen is already made. It was the first generation of changed shinies.

Unpro, here is a slightly softened version. Is it better?

After:pvedmn86.png

Before:ssnaulhd.png

Edited by Calvius

When one generation of shinies is done, they will be implented in the upcoming episode. Meanwhile, the next generation will be worked on. There is no direct connection to the release of the episodes. Btw, the 6. gen is already made. It was the first generation of changed shinies.

Don´t worry, Gen V is still there, which has a ton of pokemon. And someone´s got to do the megas as well. So there´s still a bit left to do...

And if there are some who think like me, then we could one day open a thread where we change some shinies we don´t like and improve them, then offer them in this thread so others can have fun with those as well? (I´m not a fan of Arcanine. Doge does not approve. And one day I´ll make myself a changed Kuro-sprite. I do not like his hair ^-^")

(Shinx still missing, but I still want to upload Luxio so maybe someone can tell me if it´s ok or not)

Luxio:

Luxray:

I do male sprites first (SEXISM), and if absolutely necessary I´ll do the female sprites too (Ugh... I´m lazyyy)

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Luxio seems fine to me, good work.

What do you say to Bibarel? If approved from your side, I will finish it and Bidoof.

Give the orange part a bit more contrast (only a little bit), otherwise I say go for it ^^

Shinx:

And now the backsprites! :D

Don´t worry, Gen V is still there, which has a ton of pokemon. And someone´s got to do the megas as well. So there´s still a bit left to do...

And if there are some who think like me, then we could one day open a thread where we change some shinies we don´t like and improve them, then offer them in this thread so others can have fun with those as well? (I´m not a fan of Arcanine. Doge does not approve. And one day I´ll make myself a changed Kuro-sprite. I do not like his hair ^-^")

(Shinx still missing, but I still want to upload Luxio so maybe someone can tell me if it´s ok or not)

Luxio:

attachicon.gif404.png

Luxray:

attachicon.gif405.png

I do male sprites first (SEXISM), and if absolutely necessary I´ll do the female sprites too (Ugh... I´m lazyyy)

Luxray looks great with that red! Luxio and Shinx, too. No real comments about those...

Okay. Here is the legendary biever line:

Male35odl2w2.pngzr5yjcxm.png

Female2alhqcmb.pngzc3ch8z4.png

ufkfnm4j.png3xi9b3ne.png

Looks good, but note that on the Bibarel backsprite, you can see the ends of the hands, which are orange on the frontsprite but black on the backsprite.

Oregon State Bibarrel :)

Oregon-State-Beaver-Football-Wallpaper-T

German beavers also support Oregon, I suppose.

Another update for our lovely cricket friend:

MYN5pfV.pngic1P8WI.png

RnZzs7U.pngKsRBuvf.png

4MLJNHF.pnglHAp6N6.png

• Veterans

I think I prefer a dark beard. It looks weird like this. Otherwise, I think it´s ok.

I think it's more of a mustache than a beard.Anyways I agree with UA,it's a bit too light,make it more greyish.

Edited by Can't Type

I think I prefer a dark beard. It looks weird like this. Otherwise, I think it´s ok.

c6297c886103509a047a2316ba977ce8b3a0ff88

0SceQmq.pngfxyoz2u.png

This has got to be the most active thread on the forum right now... I post something and I get a reply not even 3 minutes later... :P

EDIT:

I think it's more of a mustache than a beard.Anyways I agree with UA,it's a bit too light,make it more greyish.

Ohwait with beard you mean stomach? Didn't know that :blink:

Edited by Nova

• Veterans

0SceQmq.pngfxyoz2u.png

This has got to be the most active thread on the forum right now... I post something and I get a reply not even 3 minutes later... :P

EDIT:

I made a mistake writing that,i was hungry.FORGIVE ME SENPAI!

0SceQmq.pngfxyoz2u.png

EDIT:

Hahaha, that picture! ^-^

Yeah, it´s one of the more active threads and I´m quite happy about that.

I think it looks ok now. The dark beard mustache thing looks better.

Dark mustaches are better anyway.

Looks good, but note that on the Bibarel backsprite, you can see the ends of the hands, which are orange on the frontsprite but black on the backsprite.

Actually, on this sprite, you can't see the hands. Looked it up.

Actually, on this sprite, you can't see the hands. Looked it up.

Yeah, I looked at it too now. So it´s actually ok now ^^

And now we got the entire Luxray-family:

One side is bloodier than the other one, but I guess it´s cooler this way.

Lake-Guardians, frontsprites:
I also made one with a more colorful head for Mesprit:
Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur