Help buffing my team

laggless01

Hi everyone (who reads this)!

I've just beaten T3RR8WR (or something like that), an I'm now thinking about adding new members/rebreed team members for the future.
However, I can't see something that would fill the weaknesses my team has. (I've ran out of heart scales too, but I got thief now :-) ).
If you have a suggestion, please reply!
I'm willing to breed a little (for moves/ natures, but if the former is quite difficult in some cases, it is reccomendable to explain how I get there; IV's not that much), and I've got all the EV power items to decently EV-train.

My team:

1. Sceptile (overgrow), Mild

-detect

-leaf blade

-leaf storm

-grass knot

2. Gardevoir (Synchronize), Bashful

-calm mind

-psychic

-moonblast

-charge beam

3. Flygon (levitate), Jolly

-dragon claw

-rock slide

-earthquake

-crunch

4. Arcanine (Intimidate thanks to ep14, was flash fire), Quirky

-hidden power ice

-outrage

-heat wave

-flare blitz

5. Scrafty (Moxie, the poor guy :P), Docile

-hi jump kick

-brick break

-crunch

-rock climb

6. Crobat (Inner focus), Jolly a.k.a. Life Saver, take that Rawrchomp!

-acrobatics

-poison fang

-bite

-confuse ray

7. Metagross (clear body), Jolly EV-trained: 252 atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp

-agility

-bullet punch

-zen headbutt

-meteor mash

(I should've called him skaterboy...)

Your teamis decent but your sceptile has three grass moves. Slash leaf blade or grass knot for a coverage move if you can. Sadly the tm situation doesn't help sceptile out much. You should pick up a water type as well, like azumarill if you want physical or clawitzer if special.

I know about sceptile, but it were the best moves I could get...grass knot is for non-stat-lowering special damage (you would be suprised how heavy reborn is... ;) ), while leaf blade deals better with special walls (vaporeon?). It would be nice to breed dragonbreath on it, but there ain't no swablu or horsea here, as far as I know :/
I thought about azumarril, but I already have that guy in another save file (it's very good, i know...)
Also, I started this file in episode 10, so I have a rattled magicarp...
It would also be fun to give some guys on the team a very good egg move (like EQ on flygon).
Is clawitzer also a little slow? Because if so, it will need to tank some hits...
Thanks for replying!

EDIT: Well, I guess I'm off to get a swablu in aventurine... :)

Also, side note: they're all in te 70's (meta and scraf top it with 74)

Edited by laggless01

Go for Energy Ball, something with that little bulk would benefit more from the extra power than the healing since it'll be losing a ton of health whenever it gets hit anyways, so it's better to go for more power and try to avoid getting hit in the first place. Screech is also a good parting-shot move to support your team if you know Sceptile is about to go down, shouldn't have any trouble using it with Sceptile's high Speed.

Also keep in mind that Protect-like moves are completely pointless unless you're toxic-stalling or something.

Hidden Power is a thing.

Keep Intimidate on Arcanine, it'll come in handy much more often than Flash Fire. Also, 2 Fire moves are rather pointless. I'd recommend you take either Close Combat or Agility. HIdden Power for an Arcanine is also kinda eh.

Besides Dragon Dance, Scrafty also learns the Elemental Punches via Hitmonchan>Buneary>Scraggy/Scrafty.

Due to it's high Speed, only Fake-Out users can make Crobat flinch, and how frequent are those? You're better of with Infiltrator. And a Special Set. You can get it Nasty Plot via Honchkrow, Venoshock and Air Slash via level-up and Hidden Power (something like Fighting or Fire would be sweet) or Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse.

Both Agility and Bullet Punch on the same set are pointless. After one Agility, you'll be outspeeding all of your foes anyways, and priority isn't all that necessary in Reborn to begin with. Just go for Brick Break (not Hammer Arm, messes up Agility boosts) or Iron Defense.

That will help a lot, thanks :)
I went for physical set on crobat since acrobatics deals incredible damage, and in some terrains it gets even further boosted...Corey showed me the power of the special set :P
The problem with the special one is: when will you be able to set up? Ice and rock attacks are pretty rampant, especially in this part of the game (garchomp + stone edge = r.i.p.). The infiltrator will be handy however (if I don't meet another fast psychic-type that OHKO's it hith every move). Also is its SpA a bit lower than its Atk.

Bullet punch was the best fourth slot it learned via level-up, and it deals with those annoying sucker punchers (weavile and mighthyena, for an example in this episode). But brick break would be a very handy coverage aganst those dark -types too...
For scrafty, how do I evolve tyrogue in hitmonchan? It was stat-related through level-up, but I don't know exactly how...And what would be a good moveset for it (EV's would be, too, greatly appreciated :) )

Now arcanine: if I learn it close combat somehow (will research), I will likely throw away flare blitz, since heat wave is SO helpful in changing terrains/ using them. But what would be a good EV-spread then?

P.S. I had detect for sometimes handy things, like stalling weather out (one turn can make a difference, excadrill?) and to make fun of hi jump kick-users :P But screech helped me really hard against Luna, true.
Also, sceptile turned out to have HP fire, which is good?

EDIT: In sceptile's case: is leaf storm not an alternative for screech? It deals one last big amount of damage before the switch, leaving only work for a revenge killer (even if your opponent uses a hyper potion, (except maybe for dragon types) I'll score a 2HKOwith one of my pokemon.

EDIT2: I now have a +/- perfect ralts, so now I'm thinking what kind of EV-spread would help me in Reborn, given the rest of my team.
Also, the now new additions:

Sceptile: timid; energy ball, HP fire, dragonbreath, leaf storm/screech
Gyarados: jolly; waterfall, crunch, ice fang, dragon dance (no good TM's available, doubting what I should replace with bounce).

Manectric: modest; flamethrower, discharge, charge, thunder wave (perfect IV's except 0 attack, so no HP ice possible, but HP dragon)

Edited by laggless01