Competetive Sharpedo (ORAS)

Now that Sharpedo has a mega, it went from a rarely seen sweeper, to a Mega, and with that, an even more dangerous physical stat. Now I myself dwell on dark types very often, I've used mega Houndoom, mega absol etc, but now that Sharpedo makes an entrance, I couldn't have thought I'd see a better opportunity. So it came to me...

Teamed with a bunch of tanks, and a few special sweepers in play, maybe even a baton passer, this thin could be devastating. For example, Lead off with something like ferrothorn, get up leech seeds and stealth rocks to weaken the enemies, and start attacking with power whip. After a few enemies get knocked out or lose some health from being sent into stealth rocks, it's the perfect time for cleanup, and in comes speed boost sharpedo.

I was thinking something like

Sharpedo(mega)

Ability: speed boost--> strong jaw

Evs: max atk/max spd/ 4 spdef or hp.

Moves: waterfall/ earthquake

Ice fang/ poison fang/ destiny bond

Crunch

Protect/ destiny bond

Another honorable mention: Aqua Jet

Now here's the tough bit. Destiny bond and poison fang come into play... Protect is good for the speed boost on the first turn before mega... But then again, sharpedo is already blazing fast, and may not even need the speed boost.

Questions: 1. do destiny bond or poison fang belong anywhere in this set?

2. Last 4 evs in spdef of hp?

3. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Poison fang is no bueno. It's power is quite pathetic; your neutral STAB in Waterfall will hit everything bar Whimsicott harder even after the Strong Jaw boost.

I wouldn't use Destiny Bond, but that's personal preference. Ice Fang is good coverage, though what you choose really depends on the rest of your team. You could forgo Protect if you had an effective way of bringing Sharpedo in safely, such as a Forretress using Volt Switch.

The EV should go wherever minimizes hazard damage. The difference in bulk is insignificant otherwise.

I guess I'm average for Waterfall/Crunch/Ice Fang/Protect. Kill what you can as normal Sharpedo, stack up as many Speed Boosts as you think is needed/ can get without to much risk, Mega Evolve and stay in.

-Swapping in and out as M. Sharpedo wastes the Speed Boosts. Do your best to take out those threats beforehand, or just deal the damage to them if you can't.

-I would recommend Aqua Jet over Ice Fang if you want to avoid the one think that outspeeds it otherwise(Priority). EQ could go over the same, but more so as the 'Physical Attacker with Earthquake' use instead of coverage.

-While Destiny Bond is a thing, only go with that if you're good with only Waterfall & Crunch as attacks. (Waterfall/Crunch/Destiny Bond/Protect) This will give you the powerful stabs, Protect to get you atleast one speed boost, and Destiny Bond when you know it's gonna die either way.

Edited by TurboAura