Downgrading for breeding/other shenanigans

Hashill

I've seen both here and in the team building forum a lot of suggestions to downgrade to older episodes to get Pokemon X with Y move by breeding, or through catching a mon that was eventually removed from the game, and it's made me wonder, if it's possible anyway, even if it's kind of obtuse to manage and takes a great deal of effort and what some might even call cheating, why restrict access to these moves on certain mons? Is it a badge of honor kind of thing or a bonus to long time players to still have what are essentially illegal movesets?

Because Gen 6 introduced new breeding mechanics which Amethyst wanted implemented into her game as well. TM's are no longer available as Egg Moves. That's all there is to it. No need to harass Amethyst over something so simple as this. She just wanted some consistency with the main series games.

Dunno if this came across as particularly hostile or whiny, and if so that's not the intent at all. The game seems designed in a very deliberate way to restrict access to TMs, Pokemon, or other game changing conveniences (ie, the sheer number of shards that goes into getting an EXP. Share), or gates the better ones behind side quests or bonus bosses, and i was genuinely curious if reverting to old versions was, in a roundabout way, another kind of gate to making the game harder. Or a bonus for the folks that have been playing longer. Or both. Or just her going "lol I don't really intend for this but you guys are gonna do it anyway so sure."

Edited by Hashill

Dunno if this came across as particularly hostile or whiny, and if so that's not the intent at all. The game seems designed in a very deliberate way to restrict access to TMs, Pokemon, or other game changing conveniences (ie, the sheer number of shards that goes into getting an EXP. Share), or gates the better ones behind side quests or bonus bosses, and i was genuinely curious if reverting to old versions was, in a roundabout way, another kind of gate to making the game harder. Or a bonus for the folks that have been playing longer. Or both. Or just her going "lol I don't really intend for this but you guys are gonna do it anyway so sure."

Yeah I don't know how anyone could come across that as hostile but anyways, I am pretty sure it was to make the game harder. If you want a to know the truth about this just ask Ame. It shouldn't take that long for an answer.

• Administrators

i was genuinely curious if reverting to old versions was, in a roundabout way, another kind of gate to making the game harder. Or a bonus for the folks that have been playing longer. Or both. Or just her going "lol I don't really intend for this but you guys are gonna do it anyway so sure."

I might still be misunderstanding this, but I never intended for players to go back to old versions. I just make changes I deem appropriate for what will be the final product. Players circumvent some of those changes by going to older episodes to obtain changed things, and there's not really anything I can do about that.

I might still be misunderstanding this, but I never intended for players to go back to old versions. I just make changes I deem appropriate for what will be the final product. Players circumvent some of those changes by going to older episodes to obtain changed things, and there's not really anything I can do about that.

Ame, i still think that tm move should be breedable. The only reason it is not is due to the fact that tm is reuseable. Seeing the lack of tms and to encourage diversity and strategy, maybe allowing breedable tms is a waaay better idea. Hack I'm using a scald/recover/toxic/stockpile unaware quagsire, and never regretted doing that long chain

Edited by jrookie