Farewell's Second Movement

Amethyst

• Administrators
APPARENTLY the server is going to hell.
Apparently everyone is leaving.
Nothing's like it used to be.
And overall no one's sure if Reborn is going to be a place worth coming around to.

Call me crazy, ("crazy.") but I think this is all rather silly. I mean, everything was fine before this threat of my disappearance, why does that suddenly change? Everything I'm doing for the site- I've already replaced myself in doing.

Scarlet is taking over my organisational duties in the league. Joining him is Savage, and together, they will operate their own lines for the league, replacing my fallen Main Line. For this, Scarlet has been promoted to adminship, and Savage is now a server mod to be able to run it.
Ashley is also taking over my voice as a mod anyway. I know that there has been a bit of controversy surrounding her promotion, but I have made my decision, and having monitored her today, I can honestly say that I am very happy with it. Everyone else would do well to search their hearts, and see if they can find the same sympathy.

'Course, I know this doesn't apply to a few of you with more personal problems. There's talk of a bandwagon of absences- something along the lines of after I go, a bunch of other people are considering leaving? And well, regardless of whether or not I'm here, I feel obligated to say this. The older members will remember we used to have kind of a serious problem with this or that person threatening to leave every other day... I would not like to see a return to that, and, particularly, because the whole notion is very peculiar to me in the first place.

This is a website, a community, a server, which we all log into for our own amusement. It's not a cult or a club that you sign in and out of in blood.

In other words, if you want to be here, do it. If you don't, don't. With the exception of site staff, no one is committed to being here. If this is no longer the place for you, you don't need to make a big deal about it, or how you're moving on. Doing that's probably not going to do the atmosphere of this place any favors anyway. Just show up when you want. Done and done. Contrary to what GameFreak would have us believe lately, it doesn't have to be all Black and White.

Everything changes. People, places. That's life. This time, the dice rolled against our favor. But that doesn't mean change itself is inherently bad. We can look back with fondness and nostalgia, and note the friends who may not be so close at hand, but they remain close at heart. In life, you are always moving closer to your true friends- even if that means putting some distance between the others. But it's worth it.
This isn't the same place it used to be. For sure. It will be even less soon. It's another thing I'm hearing. So much has changed. Yeah, it has. But... Is it really bad change? You look at where we've moved from- Last summer only a handful of us were around at all, and now the community has grown so much. If it had grown sour I'd have a problem with it, but, it's actually much, much better than it was eight months ago. Anyone who was around back then, stop to think about it. I think you'll find that it's not so bad.

Change happens. That's okay. That's GOOD.

Finally, the last thing is that the place is just going to hell, and as much as I'm like, "...lolno" to this, I feel obliged to address it anyway.
Show me HOW.
I'm happy with how things have been for the most part. There are some rough spots, yeah, and a few personal conflicts, but, there always have been. I mean, there are times I'll look back to the server and wonder how there's possibly anything hellish about it. Or else y'alls have a very different hell than I do. If that's your hell then I'll gladly be a sinner.

I suppose the real reason I'm writing all of this in my semi-soporific state though is just to clear up some of this negativity. I'm sad to go too, but that's no reason for you guys to start thinking anything is falling apart. It's not. We're taking great pains to ensure that it's not. And if you doubt us, just step back every now and then. Look around. Watch the server.
I think you'll find that everything is a-okay.

Nyu and I are gonna push and get you guys a nice going-away present. Hold tight.

Just to inform you, [b]I ain't leaving[/b].
Reborn is already like a third home for me(second home has been occupied by another forum), and when I'm dedicated to something, I stay that way. The only way I'm leaving is if Reborn and the forum is closed for good.

I already lost the original third home, and lost contact with almost everyone I knew from there. It wasn't easy forgetting about all of them, especially since there was a couple of them who introduced me to PO. One of them suggested we battle in Nyu? Nyu! once and that's how I met Nyu and Kyu. I moved to Quantum when Nyu? Nyu! was down since Kyu told me about it, then I moved to Reborn and stayed there.

I may not have been here since June, but I'm attached to this place. Even though I can't help much in what's happening, I've had a lot of fun, and made some nice friends while I'm at it. So even if everyone is leaving (except those with duties), I'm staying. Even if every single member is leaving, I'm staying. You once said you plan on running Reborn till you turn 50. Good news, you got yourself someone who'll gladly spend 32 years in a Pokemon Battle Simulator.

You can count on me staying. I've made so many buddies here, so many rivals. Leaving now would be stupid. We're here so don't fret, this place is amazing..Like a second home..So I won't be leaving anytime soon ^^

With my legal binding to [u][i]+Infinitas[/i][/u], can I really [i]afford[/i] to leave?

[spoiler]Not unless I wanna pay a visit to Big Bubba again...[/spoiler]

• Administrators
[size="2"][color="#000080"][size="2"][color="#000080"][quote]
[size="2"][color="#000080"][size="2"][color="#000080"]I think my thoughts on this go without saying
and that I don't need to post >>
[/color][/size][/color][/size][/quote]

[/color][/size][/color][/size]Ironic that I did it anyway.

Silly peeps. It's only been what, like two days? It's like the y2k scare all over again.

Anyways been busy. You know, jumping out of airplanes. and then not getting back till 4am. Not that anyone could have possibly been worried about any absences of mine. v_v

i could class this as prolly my only home (considering the army is temporary and my own house is treated like a halfway house) i would rather Ame not to leave but if it is his wish then i cant stop him nor can anyone else in rb for that fact we all love ame like a brother and a sister (even though some of us only knew him a short while) but we shall have a plaque set up in RB for him fare the well old friend.