Why Medicham

Hypa

Okay so i spent 2hrs formulating a way to beat that lv 75 garchomp that basically every1's team gets wrecked by well i finally did it the thing struggled itself to death after sandattacking and then double teaming my ass off along with a few helpfull cotton candies and light screens what do i get when the battle is done ? 5k exp for the 2 poke's that were in battle and the medicham still got thrown into the magma and the leader still dies so i just did all that killed one of the most OP npc held poke's in the game for what ? i didnt even get a congratz from the other guys around me instead they said nothing when they were supposed to say wow he even beat hypa ........ and im like : (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, I had the same reaction, but I noticed a difference when trying to get Gastly compared to the video I saw on Youtube (the player had been defeated by the Garchomp). The only difference I saw was one line that was said during the event. ONLY ONE!!!

Edited by gamesontv

• Administrators

I think it might be because Solaris probably could have just crushed you with more of his team, but instead he took this and inverted it:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyDontYouJustShootHim?from=Main.WhyDontYaJustShootHim

because let's be real, why bother battling when you can just skip that and go through with your plan anyway?

it might have an effect later on though! don't despair just yet! <3

Firstly, please do not use the word "raped" like that. That's not something that should be taken lightly.

Secondly, a lot of people have defeated the Garchomp intentionally- you are far from the first. The thought that Solaris couldn't just throw out another Pokemon, or just use a Revive, really, is rather silly. You're not rewarded for it because you accomplished nothing.

...Well, you are rewarded for it in that you actually get a nice chunk of prize money for your victory rather than losing some of yours for blacking out. That's enough, isn't it?

But you see, that's how Reborn is. It feeds off of your pain and suffering, and crushes your hopes and dreams into pieces. You'll just have to get used to it.

Amethyst should've made it so that you battle his full team, and if you actually KO all 6 of his pokemon you would get something like a Level 100 Magikarp xD

Just to keep it hard, make sure his garchomp has Aerial Ace as well xD

Edited by jman390

the second comment clearly identifies that im clearly not the first to do so repeating that was kinda pointless im merely just venting my frustration so please try not to talk down to me , i don't want to have to make a fool out of you.

I was expecting an easter egg of some sort tonnes of games have em literally every game has atleast one of some sort or another whether it be an extract from a previous game or hidden features like an animation or secret scene. If you dont look for them don't try to take the piss out of others for doing so , so get off your high horse and have fun with the game k? thnx .

Edited by HyperKiller

Rather than getting sassy with someone and making vague threats about your mood, try to make a reasonable statement on your current affairs and feelings to better convey that to others to lower the risk of an arguement starting. :]

Okay whoa, whoa, whoaaaaaaaa. Hold on a minute there.

First of all, I was not at all trying to talk down to you. My apologies if I came across that way.

Secondly, I'm quite fond of looking for easter eggs myself. (As exploring is one of my favourite things to do, it kind of comes with the territory.) The only thing I was saying is that you shouldn't expect a reward for something where you haven't accomplished much anyway, for the sake of the story.

I was not at all saying you couldn't try doing something differently and anticipate unlocking something- I was just speaking for what happens in this particular case. How someone is to play the game is entirely up to them after all, so I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of stopping you, really. Nor would I try. Do as you will.

In all of this, people seem to be forgetting that this game isn't even... What? Halfway through? And Ame explicitly stated in at least two occasions that we are gonna have multiple endings. Just because solving the optional event of the policemen gave you an immediate reward it doesn't mean that any other optional event in the game must give you an immediate reward: it's probably just going to work into the ending you'll obtain when we eventually get there...

Another thing people seem to forget: Pokemon games are about the competitive aspect. There are no hidden depths to the plots, and almost no replay value. Basically, you breeze through the game and then work your ass off to gather the strongest things in the game, and use them to challenge people over the WiFi. Reborn is NOT like this. It does NOT run on the usual Pokmon game formula. So you should NOT expect the traditional "do this to get this" structure of events (which by the way has recently been replaced by "get a WiFi connection and download the broken stuff") either: sometimes the hard challenge is there to give you little alteration in the plots, the kind of things that are appreciated by those that are into into for the plot and not to unlock the broken stuff (and Reborn is explicitly intended for the former and not for the latter). Some other times, the hard challenge is there because honestly, the actual Pokemon game are so damn easy, we all crave an intense challenge for a change.

And sometimes the hard challenge is there just because Ame is plain sadistic. These are all aspects of Reborn, these are all things that make us stay in this forum killing the time blabbering about Pokemon, patiently waiting for a working woman to sacrifice a relevant chunk of her life to give us a compelling game for free.

So yeah, does it really make sense to have a topic with people complaining about other people complaining about not getting a reward for winning a (supposed) hopeless boss fight? Can't we just enjoy the game? Raging at Ame's repeated (succesful) attempts to troll us all is also part of the game, and the prize (or lack thereof) for beating Solaris isn't even the newest example...

• Administrators

it might have an effect later on though! don't despair just yet! <3

the alternate ending thing was implied by this ^

let's not get hostile over something so trivial either, please thanks

Another thing that wasn't mentioned was that due to an event later in the game, Kiki and Medicham -had- to die in order for the details to add up.

Don't make me make a fool out of you, OP. Continue playing through and happy travels.

the second comment clearly identifies that im clearly not the first to do so repeating that was kinda pointless im merely just venting my frustration so please try not to talk down to me , i don't want to have to make a fool out of you.

I was expecting an easter egg of some sort tonnes of games have em literally every game has atleast one of some sort or another whether it be an extract from a previous game or hidden features like an animation or secret scene. If you dont look for them don't try to take the piss out of others for doing so , so get off your high horse and have fun with the game k? thnx .

If someone's on a high horse here it's probably you (i'm pretty sure of it) instead of offending people you should consider what they said and actually think before talking, a person gave you a piece of advice (i think we all agree that it wasn't offensive in any way) and you reply with what exactly? Open hostility, not cool imo.

In all of this, people seem to be forgetting that this game isn't even... What? Halfway through? And Ame explicitly stated in at least two occasions that we are gonna have multiple endings. Just because solving the optional event of the policemen gave you an immediate reward it doesn't mean that any other optional event in the game must give you an immediate reward: it's probably just going to work into the ending you'll obtain when we eventually get there...

Another thing people seem to forget: Pokemon games are about the competitive aspect. There are no hidden depths to the plots, and almost no replay value. Basically, you breeze through the game and then work your ass off to gather the strongest things in the game, and use them to challenge people over the WiFi. Reborn is NOT like this. It does NOT run on the usual Pokmon game formula. So you should NOT expect the traditional "do this to get this" structure of events (which by the way has recently been replaced by "get a WiFi connection and download the broken stuff") either: sometimes the hard challenge is there to give you little alteration in the plots, the kind of things that are appreciated by those that are into into for the plot and not to unlock the broken stuff (and Reborn is explicitly intended for the former and not for the latter). Some other times, the hard challenge is there because honestly, the actual Pokemon game are so damn easy, we all crave an intense challenge for a change.

And sometimes the hard challenge is there just because Ame is plain sadistic. These are all aspects of Reborn, these are all things that make us stay in this forum killing the time blabbering about Pokemon, patiently waiting for a working woman to sacrifice a relevant chunk of her life to give us a compelling game for free.

So yeah, does it really make sense to have a topic with people complaining about other people complaining about not getting a reward for winning a (supposed) hopeless boss fight? Can't we just enjoy the game? Raging at Ame's repeated (succesful) attempts to troll us all is also part of the game, and the prize (or lack thereof) for beating Solaris isn't even the newest example...

We're a bit less than 2/3 of the way through the game I believe (20 episodes, +1 or 2 more Ame had said at one point). These 'multiple endings' aren't truly different story wise, but more along the lines of an extended cut or something. The differences won't be huge thats for sure. To get the ending you have to have done all of the additional quest line stuff by the time the respective checkpoints are reached. e.g. Find out Corey is tied to Team Meteor.

For the last time, Ame is NOT sadistic..... she's just not Gamefreak and there's a reason we all keep coming back so she must be doing something right....

Yes the game is free, appreciate it. You're more than welcome to donate to the cause though. Go to the Game Download page and you'll see the paypal button.