Play Pokemon Reborn on Emulator

Xander95

• Developers

*facepalm* it comes with its own emulator called wine.

First off, the wine emulator is for macs only and it doesn't come with it.

Second, they obviously are new to this so being so passive aggressive about it won't help anyone.

This game is made through the RPG Maker XP software, so there is no ROM hacking involved. The emulators that are used to play Pokemon games are made to emulate Nintendo's handheld's systems. Since this game is made on a software for personal computers rather than the aforementioned systems, then you can't use an emulator in the traditional sense to play this. If you wish to play it on a mobile device then I believe you're out of luck, since last time I checked no software that allows the user to run RMXP games on mobile systems exists.

This game is made through the RPG Maker XP software, so there is no ROM hacking involved. The emulators that are used to play Pokemon games are made to emulate Nintendo's handheld's systems. Since this game is made on a software for personal computers rather than the aforementioned systems, then you can't use an emulator in the traditional sense to play this. If you wish to play it on a mobile device then I believe you're out of luck, since last time I checked no software that allows the user to run RMXP games on mobile systems exists.

There does exist some software to run it on an Android device, but we ... haven't really made it with that use in mind. If I remember right, a user was able to make it work but it would crash frequently enough to be an annoyance (~20 minutes or so?).

Game's too big to be compressed into a rom I reckon, I mean most roms are about a few megabytes big, and the Reborn folder (Unique Music and all) is about 500 Megabytes.

You'd essentially have to recreate the entire game (If even possible) onto a current game like Emerald or something. I don't know if you can even Hack Gen 4 games to the extent you can with Gen 3 and on top of that add the unique art and music Reborn has. So to answer your question, it won't and probably never will be usable on an Emulator such as VisualBoyAdvance or Desmume. Looks like there'll be no Action Replay cheats for you friend~