[OOC] Brailens Gifted

Felicity

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Using information that your character would not know . For example, if you knew where someone was because you were reading their characters interactions, but your character was not involved, you couldn't have your character know where the other character is just because you yourself knew.

But, knocking out the Rp is a Very bad idea, what do you mean by passive?

If that's the case, I'm not gonna use that anymore, but we'll see how it goes from here anyhow.

By passive, I mean that my character is not the type to seek out attention by himself (which I was too late to realize by my last post on day 1 of the RP), so I attempted to interact with it a different way.

Edited by Red'sCharizard

• Support Squad

Well, whilst you may not actively bring attention on yourself, you can still offer your characters thoughts as he observes the situation. Again, you MIGHT want to edit that post to reflect that your character is awake.

Well, whilst you may not actively bring attention on yourself, you can still offer your characters thoughts as he observes the situation. Again, you MIGHT want to edit that post to reflect that your character is awake.

Alright, I edited it slightly, and it won't interfere with Jakler's post.

• Support Squad

Aaaand let the shit hit the fan. Hopefully this makes up for the slow start.

Note: I only just found out how similar the idea of Steelwood is to Ironwood iin the Game of Thrones series. Sorry if anyone didn't like that.

pssshaaaaw, don't apologize for things that are similar, it happens like....all the time in fantasy stuff. I am pretty sure I could find something that came before GoT that was also similar. Anyways, how goes the RP around these parts? Thought I would check in since i am not otherwise a part of this one lol.

• Support Squad

I'd like to say it's good, but all I can say for certain is that i's advancing slowly and according to plan. Whether or not it's good, i'll let the RPers answer :x

@Hukuna: I for one, am thoroughly enjoying this roleplay! It's a lot different from my first, and previously only, experience online game. I think it is revealing that my biggest flaw as a roleplayer when it comes to this format is my tendency to post in a reactionary style out of fear of doing any of the roleplay no-no's (Bunnying, Meta-ing, assumptions about someone else's world, etc.). As for a "fear" specifically for this roleplay, I'm afraid Richard might not have any friends by the time this is over, haha! (Assuming he isn't killed for being such a bastard.)

@Red'sCharizard: I usually try not to plan for anything involving an roleplay, or at least not too far ahead. I find the best policy is to just "go with the flow" when it comes to interactive storytelling, acting in response to how the world changes around you. It used to be that I'd plan meticulously for everything to go one way and it always frustrated me when it didn't pan out. Anyways, I may have missed the point of your comment, but I figured this might just be good advice anyways. Oh, and I apologize for being a busybody with my unnecessary input, haha!

• Support Squad

Gotwala, don't be afraid to think of a character arc for any of your characters, even if there's a chance it may not come to an end due to an unfortunate death. Just let Richard be influenced by those around him, eventually he's got to give way and admit that there are decent Gifted out there.

Also, I'm really loving Richards and Emelias interactions, I'm waiting for if Emelia will reveal she has a Gift too. Then again, magnetism is a pretty easy Gift to hide...