[Sign-ups] Brailens Gifted RP

Felicity

Thought I'd try my hand at RPing again!

Name: Travis Stanbridge

Race: Caucasian

Appearance: Sandy blonde hair, purple eyes, 5' 8", a kind face despite his mischievous nature. Almost always has a warm smile on his face.

Personality: Kind to most people, but playfully ruthless to the ones who cross him. Some take his smile an happy go lucky attitude as cockiness, but whether that's true or not, Travis will never tell.

Gift: Can change the weight of his and others' bodies at will. He can make them light as a feather or heavy as a boulder. He can also concentrate this power on a specific body part of his or someone else's. Even though he's near mastered this ability, if he keeps it going too long he'll become exhausted, and he can only use this ability on people, not objects.

Backstory: He grew up on the streets of the Living Quarter and learned how to work the ways of the underground. He's become a sort of legend among the various cutthroats and highwaymen the lurk in the less than desirable areas of the quarter. Wherever they tried to steal, kill, or demolish, there he'd be, ready to put them back in their place. He's managed to escape their clutches more times than they can count, but Travis has some scars of some plans that went awry. However, those ruffians aren't the only people he has to worry about now... he's starting to worry his antics might be getting on the nerves of The Swords themselves, so he figures it's high time that he made himself scarce. And there's only one place he can go before his luck runs out: The School.

Additional Details: Travis is by no means perfect, he has some flaws that I'm willing to share as I reveal more about his character in the IC Thread. Give it some time.

Edited by SilverJakler

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Thought I'd try my hand at RPing again!

Name: Travis Stanbridge

Race: Caucasian

Appearance: Sandy blonde hair, purple eyes, 5' 8", a kind face despite his mischievous nature. Almost always has a warm smile on his face.

Personality: Kind to most people, but playfully ruthless to the ones who cross him. Some take his smile an happy go lucky attitude as cockiness, but whether that's true or not, Travis will never tell.

Gift: Can change the weight of his and others' bodies at will. He can make them light as a feather or heavy as a boulder. He can also concentrate this power on a specific body part of his or someone else's. Even though he's near mastered this ability, if he keeps it going too long he'll become exhausted, and he can only use this ability on people, not objects.

Backstory: He grew up on the streets of the Living Quarter and learned how to work the ways of the underground. He's become a sort of legend among the various crime rings for ruining their plans... or just screwing around with them. He's managed to escape their clutches more times than they can count, but Travis has some scars of some plans that went awry. However, the crime rings aren't the only people he has to worry about... his name has been brought to the desks of the Swords, so he figures it's high time that he made himself scarce. And there's only one place he can go before his luck runs out: The School.

Additional Details: Travis is by no means perfect, he has some flaws that I'm willing to share as I reveal more about his character in the IC Thread. Give it some time.

As stated when Charizard tried to sign up, He can't fuck with the crime syndicates. All Gifted have their Gifts recorded and the criminals have access to that info. They know the identity of the hero, and ain't afraid to remove an annoyance. aside from that, it seems alright.

As stated when Charizard tried to sign up, He can't fuck with the crime syndicates. All Gifted have their Gifts recorded and the criminals have access to that info. They know the identity of the hero, and ain't afraid to remove an annoyance. aside from that, it seems alright.

Ah, damn. Forgot about that part, sorry. What about messing with low life thugs instead of the big guys, like the common purse snatchers and stuff?

I just love how this roleplay has so many joiners, but my supernatural roleplay (which included gifted characters) had only four joiners and died on page three. >_>

*sigh*

I'd join, but my character wouldn't really fit with the timeline. *lurks in the corner with a bag of popcorn*

• Support Squad

I just love how this roleplay has so many joiners, but my supernatural roleplay (which included gifted characters) had only four joiners and died on page three. >_>

*sigh*

I'd join, but my character wouldn't really fit with the timeline. *lurks in the corner with a bag of popcorn*

I can still squeeze in one or two characters, you'll just join the day after, when things get a-shaking.

I can still squeeze in one or two characters, you'll just join the day after, when things get a-shaking.

My Character still won't fit the universe though. It'd be like having a my little pony Pegasus derpin around in a high school roleplay.

Maybe not that severe, but still.

Edit: http://www.neopets.com/~Karije <--See? No fit.

Edited by Skullkin

My Character still won't fit the universe though. It'd be like having a my little pony Pegasus derpin around in a high school roleplay.

Sweet mother of god,.. This character cries out "Sue!" to me like a child stuck in a well...

Way overpowered IMO, among various other things...

Sweet mother of god,.. This character cries out "Sue!" to me like a child stuck in a well...

Way overpowered IMO, among various other things...

The universe he's used in makes him look weak in comparison. :/

He's the only character remotely close to being gifted that I have at the moment.

Edited by Skullkin

• Support Squad

If that character existed in Brailen, Every faction of the world (Yes, this extends to a world btw) would unite to suffocate it in it's crib, no offense.

If that character existed in Brailen, Every faction of the world (Yes, this extends to a world btw) would unite to suffocate it in it's crib, no offense.

What part of "doesn't fit" did you not get the first time? x3

What part of "doesn't fit" did you not get the first time? x3

You could just draft up a new Original Player Character... you don't have recycle old ones, in fact, I think that kinda takes the fun out of it, just constantly reusing the same persona.

You could just draft up a new Original Player Character... you don't have recycle old ones, in fact, I think that kinda takes the fun out of it, just constantly reusing the same persona.

I could, but just like what happened to my character Nox, I tend to lose interest in characters I create for just one specific plot line. I put a whole bunch of effort into creating a character, post a few times using that character, write myself into the corner of boredom, and then I wind up not posting for the rest of the roleplay. I don't know why that happens to me, but it does. =/ It's weird.

I could, but just like what happened to my character Nox, I tend to lose interest in characters I create for just one specific plot line. I put a whole bunch of effort into creating a character, post a few times using that character, write myself into the corner of boredom, and then I wind up not posting for the rest of the roleplay. I don't know why that happens to me, but it does. =/ It's weird.

That's actually isn't that uncommon in writing as a vast majority of writers lose interest in the project they're working on and never finish it. While I'm new to RP, I've had plenty of experience in the writing world and it's something quite a few great writers struggle with.

That's actually isn't that uncommon in writing as a vast majority of writers lose interest in the project they're working on and never finish it. While I'm new to RP, I've had plenty of experience in the writing world and it's something quite a few great writers struggle with.

Oddly enough, it has yet to happen with Skull. Dunno why.

• Support Squad

Personally, I haven't had this problem, probably because I can relate to each and every one of my characters. I always have some part of me put into a character I make, allowing me to understand who they are and what they would do.

Dobby, your avatar reminds me of a dream I had last night. o_o I dreamt I was watching Elf, but that it was the guy's child coming to visit him on earth instead of the tall elf guy visiting the grumpy guy. xD

And there was a night club and fairies and I was in a walmart and opened up a box of fruit loops to find twinkies for some reason, Idk. @_@

Edited by Skullkin

I have never encountered it either. Personally, I do everything I can to try to give all my major OCs a soul of their own, try to make them their own people (At first I tried to do this by giving them a portion of myself in their persona, but I'm getting away from that now under Stratos's orders and am starting to just give them the initial spark they need and let their own selves take it from there, rather than just making them all have a similar personality to myself/ Stratos)

I don't necessarily put a part of myself into each and everyone of them nowadays because I've been called out for doing so, but I try my damnest to make it so that they can feel like real individuals. Their a bit like children to me, I raised them all up from their smallest and least developed state, nothing more than a thought, into something much more than what they started as, know their strengths and weaknesses, their preferences and dislikes, their fears and hopes, their past and the things that shaped them as a person. That is why I never loose interest in my OCs, because it would be like losing interest in your own Sons/ Daughters.

I have never encountered it either. Personally, I do everything I can to try to give all my major OCs a soul of their own, try to make them their own people (At first I tried to do this by giving them a portion of myself in their persona, but I'm getting away from that now under Stratos's orders and am starting to just give them the initial spark they need and let their own selves take it from there, rather than just making them all have a similar personality to myself/ Stratos)

I don't necessarily put a part of myself into each and everyone of them nowadays because I've been called out for doing so, but I try my damnest to make it so that they can feel like real individuals. Their a bit like children to me, I raised them all up from their smallest and least developed state, nothing more than a thought, into something much more than what they started as, know their strengths and weaknesses, their preferences and dislikes, their fears and hopes, their past and the things that shaped them as a person. That is why I never loose interest in my OCs, because it would be like losing interest in your own Sons/ Daughters.

*groans* Remind me to never procreate. =_='

Woah, did you know that there's such a thing as a lazer harp? Freaky.

ADD, wat u doin? xP

Edited by Skullkin

• Support Squad

I don't necessarily put a part of myself into each and everyone of them nowadays because I've been called out for doing so, but I try my damnest to make it so that they can feel like real individuals . Their a bit like children to me.

People are pretty diverse with their personas. For example, Claude in Ymora is who I become when around friends, family, when I feel I can be open about myself. Nigel, in this RP, is me when I'm dealing with people I see as idiots, but I like those idiots, so i'm not really mean. Darius in PSS is the serious side of me that is quite idealistic and wants to get shit done. I take all of these different parts of myself and incorporate them into my characters, using that shard of myself as a way of empathising with them, thus making them seem much more real to me.

*groans* Remind me to never procreate. =_='

I meant that in a sentimental way, Soldier... and one does not have to 'procreate' to consider another their 'child'. the term can be used a multitude of ways for a multitude of scenarios and circumstances.

I meant that in a sentimental way, Soldier... and one does not have to 'procreate' to consider another their 'child'. the term can be used a multitude of ways for a multitude of scenarios and circumstances.

And I meant it in a joking way. Relax. =/