Card Generator Launched~

• Administrators

After much futzing and generally failing on my part, and generally being awesome on Nyu's part, I now declare the trainer card generator fully operational! This is fantastic news for Reborn, because it means that creating, updating and rankshifting cards is forever gone. More importantly for most of you, the long wait for them to be created is vanished with them.

Firstly, and most importantly, it means we can get rid of that messy registration thread. From now on, your trainer card IS your registration.

This means a few things for us:

On the plus, it means that re-registrations are never going to be mixed up again. It means you don't have to earn a badge to get your card, and it means that league as a whole should run a lot faster, and smoother, without me needing to ask you a million times who you've beaten. :D

There are a couple downsides, in that the cards are no longer hand-made, they can't be as custom. We're no longer able to support all ranges of colors in the background (I'm sad too; I lose my fancy multicolor business... for now. I have ideas.) or custom sprites.

Instead, we're using sprites from PO's range (specifically the Reborn theme) so customs can be used through the theme. Note that this entire system of working with PO's sprites is temporary anyway. In the future, cards will have your own personalized sprite auto-updated with it, but that's still somewhat far off.

The biggest downside is that most of your teams' information is not yet in the database, however. All challengers will need to go to our card form, located here, fill out that form, and submit it. We will check these cards against your current registrations, so do not try to change any moves if you intend to keep your badges.

Also, I totally just lied. Not all challengers have to do that- a number of players' teams were copied over during testing. If you're on the following list, you do not need to fill out that form:

Blackdanger

Amethyst

Saya Monoke

Geo

Tenshi

TLight

Will

Nyu

Ikaru

N8theGr8

Hark

Allan

Patrick

TinkeryIt

Kazeshini

FATs

Winter

Regardless of if you're in that list or not though, most of our badge information is either outdated or incorrect entirely, so please notify Ikaru or myself so that we can correct it for you. Again, we will check everything against our records, so do not attempt to cheat.

I've also activated a feature that will display users trainer cards above their signatures, so if you're someone who has yours IN your signature already, after you fill out that form you'll probably want to remove it so as not to be redundant.

Due to the automation of both cards and logs now (the front end of logs has yet to come, but we can thank Scarlet in the mean time for being a severely epic baws when it comes to databasizing them), we no longer have need for quite so many positions across staff, therefore within the next week, there will probably be a reshuffle of our staff members. Nothing you wouldn't expect though. Fair heads up.

Some final, unrelated points...

There's been some degree of drama regarding Mysidia. Reborn will be hosting them for as long as necessary until they get their server situation figured out. They are easily our closest affiliate, so everyone is to welcome them and try to behave yourselves. <3

Additionally, there are a number of people close to our community who I think have spent far too much time in hospital beds lately. Being that we all wish them the best, I was thinking of organizing some form of a collective Get Well card for these people... I may have more on that later in the week.

I'm quite sure that's not all, but I've forgotten the rest. If you have any questions about this card business, or anything else I suppose, please don't be afraid to ask me.

• Administrators

Mmmmyes, I believe I shall be the first one with a query... What of the X-League cards, requiring a 7th slot, Mr. Amethyst?

/news reporter

Act aside, the question remains...unless I'm just derping and missing a detail somewhere.

• Administrators

A separate form will have to be made for X-League, but that's not a priority atm...

Badges work the same for X-League as for normal league. A trainer who clears the league has a separate variable that writes in the non-X badge automatically.

A separate form will have to be made for X-League, but that's not a priority atm...

Seems complicated ... why not just add another row of pokemon/moves/whathaveyou to the form when league_clear is true?

Edit: Oh wow ... I've a card attached to me ... strange.

• Administrators

Seems complicated ... why not just add another row of pokemon/moves/whathaveyou to the form when league_clear is true?

Edit: Oh wow ... I've a card attached to me ... strange.

Because I'm not as smart as you. I'll do that, thank you. :D

And yeah.. Surprise!

• 3 months later...