Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Good Water Types?

SilverJakler

Question

I just beat Kiki and I really want a good Water Type on my team, but I don't know who to get. I already have a Carvanha, but I was hoping to get that Mudkip that's in the Wastlands. I've also heard that Azumarill is a good option, and Seismitoads as well. I'm not going back to previous episodes, so Gyarados is out of the running. Anyone got any ideas?

17 answers to this question

Crawdaunt seems to be good on paper (haven't tested it out yet, but I will eventually). You can find it by smashing rocks on the beach.

Lanturn was a very good choice, but it was replaced by Floatzel (who isn't too terrible).

I don't know how Ludicolo performs in Reborn, but it's definitely a fun choice if you're willing to experiment.

Mudkip can be found in the wasteland which is a great choice if you want a Water/Ground type. I've used one and it's actually quite good.

The only other good water type available soon would be Clawncher, but you won't be able to get him for quite a while. I'm sure Esteian or someone would be able to confirm if any of these pokemon are good or bad in the game.

Kingdea, Quagsire, and Azumarill immediately come to mind.

Azumarill (A police officer will trade you an Azurill for a growlithe in the police station in Jasper Ward)

Quagsire (Wooper and Quagsire can both be found on Azurine Island)

Kingdra (Horsea can be caught with a good rod in Ametrine mountain, and %5 of the time they will hold a Dragon Scale to evolve it into Kingdra)

I'm not sure if you can breed shell smash on to Barbacale, but I'd recommend it. In fact, let me check that. Brb...

EDIT: Binalce, the pre-evo, gets shell smash as lvl 1 move, so that's a plus.

But, like I said, I recommend Barbacale.

Even easier, just use a Heart Scale with the move re-learner.

Yep. ^^ I edited it with what I found...

Even easier, just use a Heart Scale with the move re-learner.

Considering Heart Scales are a rare commodity, with all the rare amount of mining rocks that exist in game as-is, I would advise against that unless absolutely necessary

Uhhhhh no? Firstly Azumarill doesn't evolve. Secondly if you're talking about Azurill then it evolves when you level it up with high friendship. Thirdly huge power doubles the attack stat but doesn't show it on the actual stat, it's effective attack stat is twice what it shows.