New Leaders, Down Time

Amethyst

• Administrators

If you're active on the server and care about the league in the slightest, you probably have some clue of what went on at the end of last week...

But to clarify:

Gardevoir, Luna and Elias have gone missing.

Florinia and Kiki have resigned.

Suddenly we're down four leaders.

Now, in truth, Luna and Elias have disappeared before, so... I'm fairly certain they'll come back. In what condition, I cannot say, but... I am not searching for replacements for them just yet.

Florinia and Kiki, on the other hand, I should clarify though.

Florinia has left us to pursue her own... interests, I suppose. She has said that she has been participating in this league and the request of her friends, Julia, Titania, Amaria, previously- that she isn't even truly interested in it, the grass type, or Pokemon, but has been forced into these things by the people in her life.

She is finally leaving to make her own life for once. Which, while sad for us, we can only wish her the best in.

So, Florinia,

(02:32:57) [Reborn]Florinia: ...Good luck.

At the time that she announced this, she also declared that she wanted her younger brother Fern to be her replacement. I have been hesitant to acquiesce this request, but... If only out of respect for her own decision,

Fern will be joining us as the new Grass Gym Leader.

And then Kiki... As some people may or may not know, she has been sick for weeks. Last week, she had a... less than typical outburst, and suffered largely failure in battle since then. Also last week, she found herself in the hospital... Where she has told me she is again this weekend, and may not be leaving.

I talked to her about it, and the condition she has is called Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. As I understand it, and this may not be completely accurate given I am not medically-inclined, but- Lupus causes her immune system to turn on her own body, and slowly hurt her from the inside out. It causes a rash of symptoms, no pun intended, but is not normally fatal, particularly if treated- only occasionally detrimental. This is the reason she has been able to continue so far in the league.

....However, recently that changed.

She developed something called Nephirits, a complication on SLE in which the inflammation caused by the assault on her own body results in kidney failure... and in time, death. I honestly don't know if the Nephiritis can be cured, or even helped. But she will be in the hospital for quite some time...

...I think this is not what she had in mind, when she spoke of "the chaos within."

In response to this, I'd like to get the community to organize some sort of get-well-card that we can send her... But I think I'll post details on that at a later time.

At any rate, she anticipated this possibility, and instructed me to organize a replacement for her. Joining us along with Fern will be one of Kiki's students. Her name is Victoria, and she will be resuming Kiki's position.

However, both of them are untrained at the time, and while we're also waiting for Luna and Elias, and for me to make the new sprites and get the theme (and trainer cards!) updated and all that other business... The league will have some down-time for us to sort this out.

We will probably be out for at least three days- perhaps all week if that's what it takes, but I'll promise now we will be back by next week at the latest, and ready to go.

With all this vanishment, there's been talk of the Reborn League falling apart. To that I say,

lolno.

Give us a bit. We'll get this sorted out.

...On that note! If anyone would like to help us, it would greatly, fantastically appreciated. We have a -ton- to do, and a lot it is fairly simple, if tedious. Additionally, we need somebody to help out with rankshifts. N8 has been overly busy as of late, and can no longer attend to it, so if somebody would like to take up the job, please please please, talk to me about it.

My gut says parts of this are probably staged.

My mind says parts of this are probably staged.

If anyone wants to hate on me for being a heartless bitch, now would be the perfect time