AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Solarance

and here I thought this topic would be "a reckless disregard for gravity"... :P

Get a Magneton with sturdy.

When he sends out Staraptor send out Magneton, and use the strongest electric attack it got!

It will most likely get hit by Staraptors Close Combat, but Sturdy will allow Magneton to live on and wreck it with one hit!

As for Clefable, Magneton with Mirror Shot / Flash Cannon can help also, just keep it alive.

and maybe you want to use his field against him with fire type moves which get 1,5x strength... or burn down or corrode his field entirely (this could also hurt you)

and here I thought this topic would be "a reckless disregard for gravity"... :P

Get a Magneton with sturdy.

When he sends out Staraptor send out Magneton, and use the strongest electric attack it got!

It will most likely get hit by Staraptors Close Combat, but Sturdy will allow Magneton to live on and wreck it with one hit!

As for Clefable, Magneton with Mirror Shot / Flash Cannon can help also, just keep it alive.

and maybe you want to use his field against him with fire type moves which get 1,5x strength... or burn down or corrode his field entirely (this could also hurt you)

Wouldn't the fire moves be tone back to neutral due to the rain?

Magneton and Klang work well. Also Manectric helps a ton in this one just with taking out some of those pesky birds or parahaxing his entire team. Try leading with Scrafgy and try to OKO that lead of his. After that it should get quite a bit eaiser.

If nothing else works, you can always get an Aron from the subway. I believe that you have access to some nice mons by that time (Scrafty, Pangoro, Medicham, Emboar, Toxicroak). Just use a Steel or Rock type with sturdy for Swellow.

Another strategy is to burn his first poke and setup with another of yours in order to sweep his whole team. Clefable is the only non normal one.

Personally, I used a Garbodor holding a Poison Point to take down Clefable. It went down surprisingly fast, only taking one Acid Spray followed by one Sludge Bomb.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I lost to Noel a lot too. Noel is the new Whitney.