Advice on Charizard

Xiri

I've been EV training my Charizard - focusing on its Attack and Speed EV. It currently has a Naive nature (+Spe, -Spd), and has 186EVs in its Attack - but its Sp.Attack stat is still larger than its Attack stat. I'm guessing this has to do with its pretty high IV for Sp.Attack (27) and its pretty low IV for Attack (11).

So my question is: should I breed another Charmander or should I stick with this Charizard? This Charizard currently has Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Dragon Dance and Wing Attack. If I'm going to stick with this one, I'll replace Wing Attack with Air Slash - and will need to replace Dragon Dance with something else - so any suggestion for the fourth move will be appreciated also.

Edited by Xiri

your char seems sheer physical so get dragon claw instead of dragon pulse and flare blitz instead of flamethrower for 2 heartscales since it's a dd set

100% beast potential mega x

furthermore a mixed set does only help in competetive

your char seems sheer physical so get dragon claw instead of dragon pulse and flare blitz instead of flamethrower for 2 heartscales since it's a dd set

100% beast potential mega x

furthermore a mixed set does only help in competetive

I've been EV training my Charizard - focusing on its Attack and Speed EV. It currently has a Naive nature (+Spe, -Spd), and has 186EVs in its Attack - but its Sp.Attack stat is still larger than its Attack stat. I'm guessing this has to do with its pretty high IV for Sp.Attack (27) and its pretty low IV for Attack (11).

So my question is: should I breed another Charmander or should I stick with this Charizard? This Charizard currently has Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Dragon Dance and Wing Attack. If I'm going to stick with this one, I'll replace Wing Attack with Air Slash - and will need to replace Dragon Dance with something else - so any suggestion for the fourth move will be appreciated also.

Wrong.

Not only that, but Charizard's Base Sp.Att is higher than it's attack, so there's that.

My only problem with Special Charizard is... 1 - It can't set up. Charizard doesn't learn Nasty Plot afaic, and 2 - We don't have Choice Specs.

So i'm going to recommend two things: Get rid of those EVs for attack and invest on Max Sp. Att. Get rid of Dragon Dance and teach it Sunny Day (Unless you have a Ninetales), and Air Slash for Wing Attack.

I would swap Flamethrower for Heat Wave, but the accuracy and lower PP can be kinda of a pain.

Also, just because i'm saying that, doesn't mean you can't breed for another Charmander... maybe you can get lucky and get a 31 Attack IV with Adamant nature... xD

Wrong.

Right.

One Dragon Dance definitely gets Chary's Phys Attack to be more than just a little higher than it's Sp. Attack. Special Charizard also has almost no chance at even partially sweeping, while it's easy to do if you get 1-2 DDs.

IVs don't matter that much. Even if you get a new Chary with 31 P.Attack, all that means is that you'll have up to 20 P.Attack more depending on your level. IVs work like EVs.

Though I would recommend an Adamant nature or something, you won't need speed after DD, though the extra attack comes in handy.