What are the differences behind joining Team Aqua and joining Team Magma?

Ever

The pokemon you receive from the leader after a certain point in the quest-line (Hounduster for Magma, Carvanha for Aqua)

The time you receive their respective weather TMs (Sunny Day from Magma, Rain Dance from Aqua)

you will still be able to get both TMs but you will receive the TM of your respective Team first after a certain point in their quest-line.

To receive the other Teams weather TM you need access to 7th Street and beat the Leader of the opposing Team again.

Edited by Cepheus

You also get a Buizel if you're in Magma or a Ponyta if you're in Aqua.

Just don't miss the first mission.

is the ponyta from e13 onwards? the buizel i got the fire one i got was a houndour back in 11

Edited by sandy

No, no. The houndour is still in.

Basically:

Join Aqua gang: In the first mission (Inside that old lady's house), you get a Ponyta. And when you invade Magma's base, you get Carvanha.

Join Magma gang: First mission you get Buizel. And when you enter Aqua's base, you get Houndour.

If you want to be a milk drinking save the manatees hippy, then join Aqua Gang.

If you want to be a firebreathing badass who can melt anyone who get's in their way, join Magma gang.

Oh and you get the TMs for Rain Dance and Sunny Day in reverse order, one later in the game than the other.

If you want to be a firebreathing badass who can melt anyone who get's in their way, join Magma gang.

Basically that.

Just to finish it off: Doesn't matter what gang you join, you can get all the pokes later anyway.

join magma

I'm fond of joining Aqua because semi-early Flame Body Ponyta for hatching eggs.

However, I joined Magma in my first playthrough anyhow. It depends more on who you're more suited to fight, rather than which one you'd prefer to join. Unless you'd rather the latter reason.

...I mean, I'd be nuts to join Aqua in my Grass mono-type...

Just wondering, where is magma anyway? O.o I hunted all over lapis for the base

The Magma base is located in the Northern Obsidia Ward, with the major landmark to look for being the Reborn Nightclub.

Excuuuuse me, SIR. Magma is full of lame-o NERDS.

Aqua is a group of SUPER BALLIN' PIRATES.

Excuuuuse me, SIR. Magma is full of lame-o NERDS.

Aqua is a group of SUPER BALLIN' PIRATES.

Don't mind this, if you join Magma you're basically a badass if you join Aqua you're meh

But seriously join the Team that you like the differences are minimal

Edited by Gaunt

• 2 weeks later...