6th team member!

Runemance

hewwo! :3 i'm back again to ask for some team help.

i'm having some trouble picking my last in-game team member for my latest run. i'll have mons on rotation for specific gym battles, but i like the idea of having a "main" squad.

i wanted to know what all your suggestions are based on who i plan on having.

my only requests are that they're physical, to balance out my team, and are something to deal with flying types, since when my lopunny mega evolves, half my team is weak to flying.

here's my current (planned) team so far:

Clefable @ Leftovers - Magic Guard

Stealth Rock

Moonblast

Soft Boiled

Flamethrower

Lopunny @ Lopunnite - Limber/Scrappy

Fake Out

Ice Punch

High Jump Kick

Return

Roserade @ Rose Incense - Technician

Giga Drain

Toxic Spikes

Hidden Power Fire

Venoshock

Vivillon @ Wide Lens - Compound Eyes

Hurricane

Sleep Powder

Quiver Dance

Bug Buzz

Greninja @ Expert Belt - Protean

Surf

Extrasensory

Dark Pulse

???

what do you think? please let me know! (however, no, i will not consider replacing Vivillon. her name is Magnolia and i love her to pieces)

thank you!! ☺️

I was thinking a steel-type would be a good pick but then there will be 3 mons weak to fire and Clefable attacks are resisted leaving only Greninja with type advantage and Lopunny vulnerable, so to deal with the flying and fire weakness i think a fast threatening rock-type suits your team best, Archeops hits like a truck without needing to setup, just be careful with its ability to not trigger, Tyrantrum has good stabs and EQ as coverage aswell dragon dance, Minior also has sweep capacities with access to shell smash, and your team deal with their weakness very well overall.

1 hour ago, Supreme said:

I was thinking a steel-type would be a good pick but then there will be 3 mons weak to fire and Clefable attacks are resisted leaving only Greninja with type advantage and Lopunny vulnerable, so to deal with the flying and fire weakness i think a fast threatening rock-type suits your team best, Archeops hits like a truck without needing to setup, just be careful with its ability to not trigger, Tyrantrum has good stabs and EQ as coverage aswell dragon dance, Minior also has sweep capacities with access to shell smash, and your team deal with their weakness very well overall.

I was thinking a rock type too! thanks for the suggestions, i've been meaning to try Archeops out sometime!

1 hour ago, andracass said:

hi have you tried chandelure

i haven't, mostly because i'm looking for a physical attacker that takes down flying types. chandelure is great though!

1 hour ago, Rainlove said:

I'm gonna suggest a Sturdy Gigalith. Literally a life saver. Especially with Toxic and Rock Blast. 

i didn't even know Gigalith got Toxic! the more you know!

9 minutes ago, !!yxnT said:

Archeops.

As for greninja's final move, consider running a mixed set with low kick or gunk shot.

thanks! i've never used Greninja, so i appreciate the advice!

You can consider a Wolverock (my recommendation: midnight form), as it is decently fast, hits hard and physical, is rock type and through its ability you will always hit your stone edges/ rock slides 100% 🙂

5 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

You can consider a Wolverock (my recommendation: midnight form), as it is decently fast, hits hard and physical, is rock type and through its ability you will always hit your stone edges/ rock slides 100% 🙂

midnight form was my favourite pokemon i used in s/m, so it's definitely something to consider! thanks! 😁 

@Runemance How about an electric type? but since you are looking for a physical attacker then a rock type would be really good- you could try a sturdy/ Sand stream gigalith as someone mentioned.

You could go with an aerodactyl or archeops really good mons both of them.

If you looking for a mon which would surprise you and make you love it- try a skill link shell smasher Cloyster :') - It has ice, rock, water type moves and also explosion snd even rapid spin. It will cover your aerial weakness very well 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eigengrau said:

@Runemance How about an electric type? but since you are looking for a physical attacker then a rock type would be really good- you could try a sturdy/ Sand stream gigalith as someone mentioned.

You could go with an aerodactyl or archeops really good mons both of them.

If you looking for a mon which would surprise you and make you love it- try a skill link shell smasher Cloyster :') - It has ice, rock, water type moves and also explosion snd even rapid spin. It will cover your aerial weakness very well 🙂

thanks for the suggestions! 🙂 i have actually been meaning to try Cloyster sometime....

• Like 1