[IC] ANKL. Part 2

Shamitako

"Uh, yeah." Her mother technically lived close enough that it was probably feasible to get forms to her when necessary, but she was busy and Arturia liked the small bit of freedom it offered. Fortunately or unfortunately for Betwere, Arturia was too lost in her own anxieties to note what signs of his were visible. What to do with Lilith was still a concern; having her just squat in Arturia's room wasn't exactly viable long-term, especially with the new roommate. There was the counseling system (that she'd considered using herself once or twice) that might be able to place Lilith somewhere, but there was no guarantee they wouldn't be separated without Kallisto's help. Not to mention the risk of her rooming with another student and an. . . incident happening. She glanced at the girl, only to see her continuing to beam at something. "What's up?" she asked quietly, while she waited for Betwere to get the forms ready.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alva and Kaede were left alone in the dorm room. While Alva could just... talk, with Kaede (and she didn't mind the thought), she'd kinda been in there for a while already... so she turned to Kaede and asked a question. "Hey, Kaede? You wanna go somewhere else to just... be together for a bit I guess? Maybe the library, I haven't been there in a while..." Kaede seemed to really like books, so it seemed the logical place to go to. 

All of what had just transpired was... quite the amount to take in. Kaede wasn't sure how to process it all but felt for once... a relief due to that. If she couldn't piece together what had transpired she had plausible deniability intact. Hard to be held liable if you weren't aware of the truth of a situation. Furthermore the talk of milk and the reference to Arturia as "mommy" even struck the girl with a divided soul as odd. [Though perhaps it effected her less so then it would others] Kaede couldn't help but get lost in theories of what any of that could've possibly meant but she was taken from that by the girl who's presence in the room she was not yet used to. Somewhere else to be together? They were together here though weren't they? She didn't see why leaving this space made it any different past a change in venue... but she couldn't deny Alva's pick of location was quite useful to her. Kaede had more than a few books near due and she'd certainly like to browse the fiction sections for something new. 

"l do have some business to take care of there and l could look for some new literature. I usually go with Arturia... I'm not all that capable of picking things out due to my inability to have strong feelings towards courses of action in most cases. l suppose if you were with me, the trip would prove productive." Kaede was quite clearly assessing aloud, something that Alva would learn was quite the common occurrence with Kaede. The girl was quite aware of her inability to show emotion with her facial features so she opted to elaborate on her thought process to invite insight. It was a logical solution to the problem. "l think it'd be quite agreeable. Sure, l'd like that." Kaede wasn't truly sure what Alva was getting out of this trip herself but she herself was certainly benefiting... and it had been Alva's suggestion. It'd hardly hurt to play along.

Even if Kaede couldn't quite figure out what she got out of it, Alva did at least seem happy at the agreement. "Sure, we can try and find some books you'll like together! I'm not sure if I'll pick the same ones as Arturia, but variety can't hurt right?" she said with a smile. They could just stay here, yeah, but what was the fun in that? Alva wanted to do something fun with Kaede, she liked books. Connect two and two. Alva would then lead the way to the library, Kaede in tow assuming she followed. She did make a conscious effort to slow down - Kaede seemed to get... kinda overwhelmed by her normal speed, after all. 

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum

Much to Platinum's relief, Lexi and Sharp seemed to have calmed down. They weren't exactly getting along, but reading in silence was better than arguing. Her reentry to the study room seemed to lighten the tension a little, as both girls still seemed to think better of Platinum than each other.

Platinum

While Platinum was tempted to ask if the two had found anything, but considering she had only been gone for several minutes, it was unlikely. Patience was a virtue, and if they had found anything, they would've told her. Or, Aker would've, Aislin might accidentally tell her something important. At the very least, they weren't arguing with each other anymore.

Either way, Platinum sat back down in the seat she had picked up, flipping it open once more as she began to browse through it.

Arturia

"I think I know where we can get enough silver for our project." Lilith whispered as Betwere rummaged through a drawer to find a pair of forms, "There's an old silver mirror in one of the art supply rooms. It's super dingy and a teacher told me that it was free to use for whoever took it first."

Betwere returned from his drawer and handed Arturia two forms. "The first form is a release saying I can give your number out to whichever staff members you name, while the second says that you acknowledge that the school is not responsible for any misuse after the number is passed on and that complaints should be taken directly to the offending party." he explained, "Sign and date the highlighted areas and feel free to ask if you have any questions."

Betwere seemed to have calmed down a lot while explaining the forms, perhaps the familiarity of the process helped, but he still seemed pretty nervous with go's much he kept looking at Arturia.

"Thank you," Arturia said, glancing down at the paperwork and skimming over it herself. He was still nervous - should she do something about it? Maybe it was her expression; she was somewhat aware that she had a case of what might be called "resting bitch face," though not aware enough to realize when it was happening until it was pointed out. The silver-haired girl looked up at the boy and did her best to smile; it probably looked a fair bit more tired than she meant, but she did genuinely appreciate being helped with this, even if it was only because she couldn't accomplish what she originally came here for. As she brought pen to paper, she nodded in Lilith's direction, too. That sounded like something that, for once, wouldn't get her in some kind of trouble. "Should I put down the names on the form, too, or is that your part?" she asked, pausing on the first after signing the second. 

Kaede wasn't sure as to what Alva's tastes in literature was but she figured it probably prove interesting in some regards. Not having strong feelings of her own made picking rather difficult, it helped to have someone help her with being decisive. The best part of it was honestly learning more about the other person. She'd gleaned quite a few things about Arturia from the sessions and she'd certainly not mind learning more about Alva. The second friend she had made... she'd thought the first impossible. But the two had found something in common and moved on from there. lt was clearly possible for her to connect to people in such a way, most just refused her the chance to even try.

Despite Alva's best efforts her speed was still a bit much for Kaede to keep up with, as she struggled to keep up with the bounding ball of energy. The girl wasn't easy for Kaede to process, she was quite the opposite of Arturia in a myriad of ways. Having not had much practice with such made it difficult for her but she wanted to try. She'd not felt such a way before, she'd never really had to. Alva... she made all sorts of new feelings and situations happen. "Alva... your pace is so quick. l... don't know if l can keep up" she said barely more than her usual whisper. Kaede usually didn't speak loudly in the halls, she didn't want to attract undue attention to herself more often then not. But she was unsure she was able to be heard as a result. So she tried something that was impossible to ignore. Kaede caught up to Alva, a burst o energy unusal for her. But she needed to catch up to the boundless green haired girl...

Alva felt suddenly as Kaede took her hand into hers, a swift but gentle motion. There wasn't any words exchanged as she did so, Kaede only hoping that Alva understood her intent and the meaning of her friend. Kaede after all had figured that Alva could go whatever speed she had wanted if she was holding onto her. Alva could more easily match her own pace if she had an idea of it or Alva could drag her along without leaving her behind. Any other possible implications were lost on the mostly emotionless girl.