What kind of music can we use when making Pokemon games in RPG Maker XP?

Zyxeos

You should check to see if the artist is okay with their music being used. You should also give credit to the artist when using it.

Okay will do! I always give due credit :)

I'll probably end up just doing pokemon originals and tweak them on Audacity to sound just a tad different. But like, I am a huge fan of Nujabes, a late producer who has MILLIONS of hits.. his music is so relaxing, and I thought it would be dope to have that in a Pokemon game (I am a hip hop head, if you haven't guessed by now since my avatar is a MC)

Let me put it this way: you are already in the red zone by using Pokemon in the game so remixes with the creator's permission is the best course of action, and if you're going to use official songs...it's going to grind down to how far you want to go in the red zone. For Hardcore, I ride in the shadows of Ame's work and will never truly reach popular levels so I don't worry about my selection. However, I use GlitchxCity themes to be consistent.

Ask permission and if you get an okay it's completely safe so long as you give credit. Just tread lightly when using official stuff though.

Ask permission and if you get an okay it's completely safe so long as you give credit. Just tread lightly when using official stuff though.

Normally, this would be the best advice we could give the OP, but, he wants to use music composed by someone who died recently. Can't really ask permission there.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. We don't know who the rights to the music went to, and they don't enter public domain for at most another twenty years.

Normally, this would be the best advice we could give the OP, but, he wants to use music composed by someone who died recently. Can't really ask permission there.

Let me put it this way: you are already in the red zone by using Pokemon in the game so remixes with the creator's permission is the best course of action, and if you're going to use official songs...it's going to grind down to how far you want to go in the red zone. For Hardcore, I ride in the shadows of Ame's work and will never truly reach popular levels so I don't worry about my selection. However, I use GlitchxCity themes to be consistent.

Will do then, I'll ask those two about using their music!! At the moment my episode 1 is almost complete but my music progress it at 0%!!! need to change that lol