How the Grinch leaked Smash Ultimate (Massive Spoilers ahead)

ShadeStrider

So, a new Leak has come to the front of the internet. It's certainly more credible than Vergeben and Kencineroar, and would be fairly difficult to fake.

I'm putting this all under Spoilers, because this leak has a fairly high probability of being real. About 30%, according to my calculations. But you all are going to see it anyway, ya greedy internet users.

Spoiler

So, apparently a guy on snapchat leaked an image of the box art of Smash Ultimate. This guy works at a factory that makes posters for various things. In fact, this factory is producing posters for Animation EA's (aka Illumination) new violation of the sanctity of Dr. Seuss's work, The Grinch (2018). That is how this leak got it's name; two images of the Grinch is in the photo, above the bottom right, and at the top left, obscured by other posters, but not hard to discern.

So, the box art features the completed banner of Smash Characters (You know the one. If you don't, let me remind you).

Spoiler

1092618473_SmashUltimateBanner.thumb.jpg.dff23b92bf678fe34633682465de5732.jpg

In this version of the Banner, a couple of characters are missing. These are the newcomers that have not been revealed yet. 

The Box Art in the leak has all the not-yet-revealed characters. And upon closer examination, people have discerned the remaining newcomers.

Here is the Photo

Spoiler

414930685_ThegrinchwholeakedSmashUltimate2..jpg.0cdac7b14c406b62542bca471e7342e8.jpg

And here is what people have discerned.

Spoiler

1501682724_ThegrinchwholeakedSmashUltimate..jpg.ecfd32fb58b578f5fde28b629071f51d.jpg

So Based on this leak, the remaining newcomers are:

Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Ken (Street Fighter)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Mach Rider (Franchise of the same name)

Banjo-Kazooie (Franchise of the same name)

Its not the best possible outcome for me, as Sephiroth, Dante, Raiden, Sora, Decidueye, Squall Leonhart, Rex and Pyra, Zack Fair, etc. aren't in the game. But ehh, It's okay. There isn't a Steve from Minecraft, Shantae, or Incineroar in sight. That's good, As Shantae's fan support has become an annoyance, Steve... well Minecraft has dominated pop culture, and I don't care for it. I hate Incineroar like Amethyst hates Budew (Has that joke died?).

I know Introspecktive wanted Banjo-Kazooie, so good for him. I don't mind Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash.

Possibility of this being fake? I did consider the fact that this might have been edited in in post. But It would be extremely difficult to imitate that exact art style, even by the one who originally drew it. If this leak is fake, then more effort was put into faking this leak than the Springman vs Decidueye leak. And trust me, that one had me fooled at first.

30% chance of being correct. That's the highest I've ever given a Smash Ultimate leak. It's better than a text leak, and more credible than Vergeben.

So What do you think? 

So the first thing we don't know is if this is real or not...because there's evidence pointing to both. Of all the leaks so far, this is one of the best fake ones if it is fake and we're just trying to figure out what he did which all grinds down to what images he used. It's a pretty impressive edit using the blurriness to make it really hard to prove or disprove but...here's some of my knowledge of the matter so far if these images are fake:

Spoiler

Banjo - Seems like the official Banjo Kazooie Art

Choir Boys - Most likely the smash fanart of Choir Boys

Shadow - Sonic Adventure 2 art (maybe fanart...he has billions)

Geno - Looks like a 3d render of the smash fanart

Issac - I have no bloody idea, but possibly official art

Others...I don't know much about

I'm normally not one to talk much about leaks but...this is the first one I can't simply dismiss because whoever the idiot is could have done this since graphics sometime do arrive much earlier and are put in storage until they need to be opened. Usually the graphics come one month early and have a box of DO NOT OPEN until a certain date. I'm guessing the idiot doesn't care much about work as he isn't going to have any once certain people find out. I'm going to say 70% chance of being real.

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

So, a new Leak has come to the front of the internet. It's certainly more credible than Vergeben and Kencineroar, and would be fairly difficult to fake.

I'm putting this all under Spoilers, because this leak has a fairly high probability of being real. About 30%, according to my calculations. But you all are going to see it anyway, ya greedy internet users.

Hide contents

So, apparently a guy on snapchat leaked an image of the box art of Smash Ultimate. This guy works at a factory that makes posters for various things. In fact, this factory is producing posters for Animation EA's (aka Illumination) new violation of the sanctity of Dr. Seuss's work, The Grinch (2018). That is how this leak got it's name; two images of the Grinch is in the photo, above the bottom right, and at the top left, obscured by other posters, but not hard to discern.

So, the box art features the completed banner of Smash Characters (You know the one. If you don't, let me remind you).

Reveal hidden contents

1092618473_SmashUltimateBanner.thumb.jpg.dff23b92bf678fe34633682465de5732.jpg

In this version of the Banner, a couple of characters are missing. These are the newcomers that have not been revealed yet. 

The Box Art in the leak has all the not-yet-revealed characters. And upon closer examination, people have discerned the remaining newcomers.

Here is the Photo

Hide contents

414930685_ThegrinchwholeakedSmashUltimate2..jpg.0cdac7b14c406b62542bca471e7342e8.jpg

And here is what people have discerned.

Reveal hidden contents

1501682724_ThegrinchwholeakedSmashUltimate..jpg.ecfd32fb58b578f5fde28b629071f51d.jpg

So Based on this leak, the remaining newcomers are:

Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Ken (Street Fighter)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Mach Rider (Franchise of the same name)

Banjo-Kazooie (Franchise of the same name)

Its not the best possible outcome for me, as Sephiroth, Dante, Raiden, Sora, Decidueye, Squall Leonhart, Rex and Pyra, Zack Fair, etc. aren't in the game. But ehh, It's okay. There isn't a Steve from Minecraft, Shantae, or Incineroar in sight. That's good, As Shantae's fan support has become an annoyance, Steve... well Minecraft has dominated pop culture, and I don't care for it. I hate Incineroar like Amethyst hates Budew (Has that joke died?).

I know Introspecktive wanted Banjo-Kazooie, so good for him. I don't mind Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash.

Possibility of this being fake? I did consider the fact that this might have been edited in in post. But It would be extremely difficult to imitate that exact art style, even by the one who originally drew it. If this leak is fake, then more effort was put into faking this leak than the Springman vs Decidueye leak. And trust me, that one had me fooled at first.

30% chance of being correct. That's the highest I've ever given a Smash Ultimate leak. It's better than a text leak, and more credible than Vergeben.

So What do you think? 

Clearly Nintendo is allowing all these leaks to happen so Phil Swift can show up to repair them with flex tape

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, G'doots said:

1.  The image literally says “fuck Nintendo lol” in French and ...

Hide contents

Like I said, 30%

11 hours ago, Commander said:

I'm going to say 70% chance of being real.

Isn’t 70% a bit too generous? I get that It’s difficult to disprove because of the blurriness, but I’d still put it between 20% and 50%