Conkeldurp: E18 afterthoughts

Conkeldurp

Hi community, Durp here!

After completing the current episode I felt the urgency to express my deepest thanks for everyone that took part in creating this masterpiece.
I want to take some time, to share all the things that went through my head regarding Reborn.

First and foremost: it goes without saying that this game goes beyond everything an official Pokemon  Game ever offered in gamelength, difficulty/balancing, story and character-development. It might be one of the best game in the while franchise and definitely shows what a game can be capable of, when developed with passion.

The Story: It might be just me - I found the plot in E18 somewhat confusing.

• so the Pulses need a lot of energy to sustain their function (Pulse Mime and Clawitzer). So how could the Pulse Camerupt and Tangrowth be functional?
  • Are the Victims of  Guardevoirs Black Hole dead or lost in some different dimension (and who the F* is Shade to be able to just drag the protagonist from a black hole)?
    • just as im writing this, im wondering what/if something happens if you lose the fight at Pulse Hypno as the opponents are your "friends"....
  • why does Benett do not need glasses anymore, and who is his hair stylist????? :)
  • How did Serra, Radomus and Luna (and all the others) get to the glass factory with Agate City shut of and otherwise only accessible via Rock Climb?

The Fights/Puzzles: The Puzzles where in my opinion extremly well done to a point that im baffled about the creativity of the Dev-group! (loved the Larvitar puzzle)

The Fights were very fair this Epsiode which is in my opinion due to the fact that there were no Pulse Mons or real challenging Field effects to encounter. would have loved to face that Pulse Hypno though :'|. Both The fights at the Pulse as well as Solaris were extremly straight forward good old Reborn Showdowns, not talking about Mr. "Rockslide everything" though! :D

For the interested ones I use this team during the whole Episode:

Spoiler

Ninetales@flamePlate

Ab: Drough

modest, 252 Satk, 252 Init

-HeatWave

-SolarBeám

-Extrasensory

-Nasty Plot

A-Ninetales@LightClay

Ab: Hail Warning

-Blizzard

-Dazzling Gleam

-Aurora Veil

-Ice Beam

Swampert@ChoiceBand

Ab: Torrent

adamant, 252 Atk, 252 HP

-Cascade

-Rockslide

-EQ

-MirrorCoat

Charizard@FlamePlate

Ab: SolarPower

-HeatWave

-Flamethrower

-Solarbeam

-Airslash

Blastiose@Blastoisenite

ab: Torrent

Modest, 252 Satk, 252 Init

-Water Spout

-Surf

-FlashCannon

-Darkpulse

Aegislash

Ab: Stance Change

adamant: 252 Atk, 252 HP

-Iron Head

-SDance

-Kings Shield

-Shadow Sneak

In conclusion I look forward to experience the conclusion of the plot.

The day, the episode comes out i will donate an appropriate amount back for all these enjoyable moments until then, have a good day.

Durp out!

• Like 1

Nice team

I'm guessing Aegislash and Blastoise carried through Hardy.

So for the questions

1 hour ago, Conkeldurp said:

so the Pulses need a lot of energy to sustain their function (Pulse Mime and Clawitzer). So how could the Pulse Camerupt and Tangrowth be functional?

Well Mime and Claw were both amplifying the Pokemon's abilities, but the ones that require energy like the barrier and the blasts

Meanwhile Tangrowth, Camerupt, and Avalugg had what they needed around them so require less energy to properly function.

That's what I'm going with anyway.

Are the Victims of  Guardevoirs Black Hole dead or lost in some different dimension (and who the F* is Shade to be able to just drag the protagonist from a black hole)?

• just as im writing this, im wondering what/if something happens if you lose the fight at Pulse Hypno as the opponents are your "friends"....

The ones who were sucked into the Black hole, GG, Luna, Cain, the player, and either Ciel or Samson, are in the Void.

if you lost in the Gauntlet nothing actually happens you just black out and have to try again at the beginning.

As for Shade

I have a theory

Brief summary in spoiler below

Spoiler

So in Jasper Ward there is a woman named Miss Fortune who tells of another world where the player did not exist

She tells of 4 people 3 you recognize one you don't

The missing on is described as "a taciturn woman in black and red" who supposedly vanishes right before this other world does

But in E18 we do see her

In the void we see Shade flicker out for a moment and then someone we've never met do the exact same thing

A woman in black and red

Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

why does Benett do not need glasses anymore, and who is his hair stylist????? 🙂

Contacts

Also asking the real questions here.

How did Serra, Radomus and Luna (and all the others) get to the glass factory with Agate City shut of and otherwise only accessible via Rock Climb?

Radomus had Gardevoir, Luna also seems to have mystic powers, and Serra.... I'm guessing she has a Fly mon somewhere. Same with Bennett and Zero and the other Meteor grunts. 

Well, the barrier and the cannon all needed constant energy to be up, but sprouting a forest of vines or trees requires only planting them and making them grow (only one moment with pokémon magic) and Swalot, Muk, Garbordor, Camerupt and Avalugg just had their abilities to magnify surrounding effects, as in waste, lava, and ice exist without them.

For how the leader went to the glass workstation, they are gym leaders but they doesn't have only 6 mons, I'm guessing they've got Utility mons /HM slaves who don't show up to fight (and as they are not players they can have more than six with them at all times).

I also took more dificulty in the first double battle than in the second!

3 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

Hi community, Durp here!

After completing the current episode I felt the urgency to express my deepest thanks for everyone that took part in creating this masterpiece.
I want to take some time, to share all the things that went through my head regarding Reborn.

First and foremost: it goes without saying that this game goes beyond everything an official Pokemon  Game ever offered in gamelength, difficulty/balancing, story and character-development. It might be one of the best game in the while franchise and definitely shows what a game can be capable of, when developed with passion.

The Story: It might be just me - I found the plot in E18 somewhat confusing.

• so the Pulses need a lot of energy to sustain their function (Pulse Mime and Clawitzer). So how could the Pulse Camerupt and Tangrowth be functional?
  • Are the Victims of  Guardevoirs Black Hole dead or lost in some different dimension (and who the F* is Shade to be able to just drag the protagonist from a black hole)?
  • why does Benett do not need glasses anymore, and who is his hair stylist????? 🙂
  • How did Serra, Radomus and Luna (and all the others) get to the glass factory with Agate City shut of and otherwise only accessible via Rock Climb?

The Fights/Puzzles: The Puzzles where in my opinion extremly well done to a point that im baffled about the creativity of the Dev-group! (loved the Larvitar puzzle)

The Fights were very fair this Epsiode which is in my opinion due to the fact that there were no Pulse Mons or real challenging Field effects to encounter. would have loved to face that Pulse Hypno though :'|. Both The fights at the Pulse as well as Solaris were extremly straight forward good old Reborn Showdowns, not talking about Mr. "Rockslide everything" though! 😄

For the interested ones I use this team during the whole Episode:

Reveal hidden contents

Ninetales@flamePlate

Ab: Drough

-HeatWave

-SolarBeám

-Extrasensory

-Nasty Plot

A-Ninetales@LightClay

Ab: Hail Warning

-Blizzard

-Dazzling Gleam

-Aurora Veil

-Ice Beam

Swampert@ChoiceBand

Ab: Torrent

adamant, 252 Atk, 252 HP

-Cascade

-Rockslide

-EQ

-MirrorCoat

Charizard@FlamePlate

Ab: SolarPower

-HeatWave

-Flamethrower

-Solarbeam

-Airslash

Blastiose@Blastoisenite

ab: Torrent

Modest, 252 Satk, 252 Init

-Water Spout

-Surf

-FlashCannon

-Darkpulse

Aegislash

Ab: Stance Change

adamant: 252 Atk, 252 HP

-Iron Head

-SDance

-Kings Shield

-Shadow Sneak

In conclusion I look forward to experience the conclusion of the plot.

The day, the episode comes out i will donate an appropriate amount back for all these enjoyable moments until then, have a good day.

Durp out!

To talk about the 3 getting to Route 4: Serra had Gardevoir take her there or at least state where Bennett is, Luna probably flew using her Honchkrow and Radomus possibly could have went with Gardevoir or used one of his other mins to get there. Gym leaders wouldn't have the same limitations on tmxs like league challengers have.

Just now, uberle said:

I'm guessing Aegislash and Blastoise carried through Hardy.

Half right 😉

It were Swampert, Aegislash and 2 Telluric Seeds, also a lvl 25 "wide guard" titouga.

Just now, kithas said:

Well, the barrier and the cannon all needed constant energy to be up, but sprouting a forest of vines or trees requires only planting them and making them grow (only one moment with pokémon magic) and Swalot, Muk, Garbordor, Camerupt and Avalugg just had their abilities to magnify surrounding effects, as in waste, lava, and ice exist without them.

Thanks! That's comprehensibly 🙂

Just now, uberle said:

As for Shade

I have a theory

Brief summary in spoiler below

Hide contents

So in Jasper Ward there is a woman named Miss Fortune who tells of another world where the player did not exist

She tells of 4 people 3 you recognize one you don't

The missing on is described as "a taciturn woman in black and red" who supposedly vanishes right before this other world does

But in E18 we do see her

In the void we see Shade flicker out for a moment and then someone we've never met do the exact same thing

A woman in black and red

Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

I remember, honestly hats off for your remarkable train of thoughts. This might just be it.