change team???or not?

mario98

so my team is combusken(unfortunately not speed boost, only kept it due to it being shiny...nah, i dont really care about shinies, i just kept it cause whatever, guess im keeping flame charge around)/teddiursa(never used ursaring before, apparently only its attack is good, i generally like some higher speed pokemon, defnitely something i could change, plus when fury swipes is your best offense you know somethings wrong,lol)/arbok(intimidate is amazing,glare and screech for setting up for the rest of the team, possibly toxic later on, im keeping it for now)/goldeen(never really used it before and always wanted to, it has lightningrod or whatever and was a good help agains julia...but apparently its only good move is waterfall,so yeah, definitely looking to change it)/meowstic(pretty good psychic all around, its fast, i actually used this and gothita last playthrough, this time im using only this bad girl, so yeah, keeping it)/flaffy( thunder wave+electro ball=stuff is dead, just wish it was faster naturally, but hey, at least its pretty defensive as an ampharos)

so yeah, im looking for suggestion on what to dump goldeen and teddiursa for(i would like it to be a water type, but teddys replacement can be any type you guys want). finally, last run i had so much fun with pachirisu, its defenses are pretty good, bide+plus high defenses=in 3 turns major threats go down, specially in double battles. BTW i just beat corey, im on that one cavern under the stairs, so yeah, reccomend pokes available near that point. 

There aren't that many Water -types to choose from: there's Panpour and Buizel - I can't remember anything else atm.

Since you're in the cave, you could catch Geodude/Graveler. Iirc you can also go to the library in Beryl Ward and help the Gothitelle there. She will give you a Soul Candle. Take it to the graveyard at night and interact with one of the pumpkins to catch Pumpkaboo.

Get an ability capsule from the lost kid event on Obsidia ward. Use it on Combusken.

Pachrisu can be replaced with Emolga I guess.

You can get Murkrow when it is windy at night at the Aqua gang base.

Test your luck on the mystery egg from the Jasper Police Station event *Breed a Growlithe and give the egg to an officer there* (I hope you get like an Axew or Azurill from it)

If you want something faster than Flaffy you get go to an alleyway at Obsidia ward at night and get the pre-evo for Manectric.

So if you do that ur team at the end would be something like this;

-Blaziken

-Arbok

-Manectric/Ampharos

-Honchcrow

-Azumaril/Haxorus

-Meowstic

- Blaziken

- Nidoqueen (Beryl Cave) 

- Meowstic (Female, I'm guessing?)

- Ampharos / Pachirisu / Emolga

- Ludicolo (check Coral Ward) (or Location Guide)

- I really like Ursaring, but you could also give Cofagrigus (coming soon) a shot

hey guys, thanks for the reccomendations, i never knew about the growlithe egg thing, i got an axew from that, and about the ability capsules i already had 3, i never really used those so i guess it slipped my mind what they did. finally for water im in between buizel(from aqua gang event) or lotad, i know lotad sucks unless good TMs are used...

Just now, mario98 said:

hey guys, thanks for the reccomendations, i never knew about the growlithe egg thing, i got an axew from that, and about the ability capsules i already had 3, i never really used those so i guess it slipped my mind what they did. finally for water im in between buizel(from aqua gang event) or lotad, i know lotad sucks unless good TMs are used...

Lotad had good moves.

Surf / Special Water Move + Giga Drain / Energy Ball  (Through Level-Up) + Nature Power + Mist / Rain Dance

A couple more suggestions:

-Nidoran Male at the Onyx Arcade (I suggest using a Voltorb flip calculator)

-Shinx at the Onyx arcade ( Same as above )

-Pancham at the Obsidia Slums

-Once you beat shelly and get Rock Smash get back to Beryl ward,head towards the abandoned power plant (keep going towards Beryl Bridge) there should be a cave blocked off, I suggest picking up a Swinub and a Croagunk.