Chapter 2: A Purpose? (The journal of a trainer)

Vhandrake

Disclaimer: The comments in this post will be replied by the character, Vhan, unless they're directly talking to the real me, the comments will shape the personality of the character, that being good comments, mean comments, or no comments.. All of that will shape who my character is going to be, so feel free to talk to him like a Reborn character, let us inmerse ourselves in this world and get into character.. This is sorta like a project that i hope you guys enjoy, previous chapters can be found here!

That's it for Chapter 2, you can also PM me to tell me what you think or constructive adivce is also welcomed...

Sorry for the horrible english, not my native language so i'm doing my best! 

After a couple of hours sitting in the Gran Hall, looking at everyone with terrified eyes someone came up to me and asked me a couple of questions, he reconigzed that i'm a "trainer"
Sort of, and he asked why i was so seemed so upset, i talked about it and while we were conversating someone else showed up, at first i thought it was very fishy, 2 guys came out of nowhere, they're going to rob me again... Fortunately, that wasn't the case, the second guy came, talked about how he wanted to change Reborn, something that he felt he was like... Something that he had to do, and at the end he said his name was Quakez, the other guy realized he hans't told me his name yet, he said sorry for being rude and said he was Alex.. Certainly way too friendly both of them to be criminals.. I presented myself, they asked about my Pokémon, again i'm suspicious but i told them about my Pokémon anyways.. They said i have a great team, that Reborn trainers need to travel alot in order to get some of my Pokémon, Quakez mentioned Abra could communicate with me telepathicaly.. Abra never did that before.. Is that because he hates me?...

After a little more chat i made up my mind and said that i was going to exit the Gran Hall and check for that Hotel someone mentioned before.. The city is in a real bad shape, i see people looking at me weird... Some of them i could notice they were checking what kind of clothes i'm wearing, my bag, trying to see if there was something worth stealing.. 2 guys won't let me pass them if i don't have a battle with them, so i just took another path...

But then it came to it, someone tried to take my stuff, forcing myself out i fell on the ground, my bag opened and a pokéball poped-up and when it touched the ground it opened and Froakie came out, the robber took out her Pokémon and got ready for battle, i didn't do anything, i just screamed at Froakie trying to run away, but he didn't want to, he battled by himself and defeated the robber.. Then he came to me and looked at me angry... Then Abra did it, he finally talked to me telepathically... He said they were there for me, but there's only so much they can do if i don't help myself... I already knew how to battle, at least the basics, after seeing my brother all this time.. Froakie nodded, confirming what Abra said.. I was shocked, but they were right.. If i don't get it together i'll just won't make it out alive.

Explored some more and had to battle against some other criminals, this time i battled too, it wasn't really too hard, they guys at the Gran Hall were right saying that i have
a great team, how it comes that i never noticed before? 

After exploring pretty much almost everything, very dissapointed, every single building was full, i had to go back to the Gran Hall, on my way there i found a green-haired dude, cocky like no other, challenged me to a battle, and it was a tough one, Taillow and Accelgor did the heavy lifting, my Pokémon are so amazing, i already started to feel kinda bad that it had to turn out this way in order to get me to battle.. Fern (the green-haired dude) left, saying that i was lucky or something like that.. I really don't like that guy, but at least he didn't try to rob me or anything, so it could be worse.. On my way to the Gran Hall i got lost, so i stopped at the Gym to ask for reference, when i was about to open the door a girl pretty much crashed into me, she recognized me and started talking about a problem in a plant... Then i realized who she was, she was that girl at the train accident, she said that she needed my help and ran away to the plant.. Someone .. Needing my help? That never happened before...What was i going to do? Scream and cry to death?..I ran out there to the plant cause i felt i must, since she asked me for my help ... Door wouldn't open so she pretty much exploded the entrace, the loud noise of the explosion brought attention, one of them being that Fern, the other, his sister, i didn't even need to ask for that since they were way too similar.

Rini, as the Gym leader refered to, was that sister. I could already tell she is a very intelligent person, Fern as i was already expecting, mocked her a little bit, i really wanna punch that dude.
The Gym leader (I just can't remember her name), the siblings and i went inside the plant, we separated and i had to go with Fern (Great) We had to battle against people of "Team Meteor" who apparentely were behind the train accident.. Are they terrorist? I could already tell something tho, they were the bad guys.

After some battles, leaving behind many of them and exploding a fence that wouldn't let us through, we finally made it to the main room, and found the leader of Meteor and a couple of Elite guys, i suppose... We had to battle and oh boy that battle was tough, Cyndaquil even evolved into Quilava during the battle.. Isn't that awesome? My first evolution! And i feel myself evolving with all of my team... After we took them down the Meteor leader said it was enough, but we wouldn't be able to stop them, then they ran away.. 

Once we were out the building we chatted a little bit, gladly Fern left, Rini talked to me and gave me so advice, i really like her, then the Gym Leader told me challenge her at her gym! And pretty much ran away..

I asked permission and slept in the Gran Hall, not before thinking pretty much all night... What am i going to do? I mean, Reborn is horrible, but there are some people that apparentely are nice.. Such as Alex, Quakez, Rini and the Gym leader.. And it felt so good to help people.. Is that my call? Help people? Is really that my purpose in life? Quakez said he wanted to fix Reborn, it was destined to be.. Maybe that is not exactly my destiny, but i guess i had to be stuck here in order to realize that helping people is my call.. And more than helping others, helping myself and my Pokémon, they didn't deserve to be in a Pokéball every single day just because i'm scared of battling,
they deserve the battle, evolve, grow up.. AND SO I.

Reborn is probably the toughest league there is.. If there is a place where i can stronger to help others, my pokémon and i.. This is the place, i am still scared, but now i don't want to leave, i want to help, it want to become stronger,

Now i finally want to discover who i really and who i can be...

The next day i went to the gym and challenged the Gym leader, i felt embarassed that i had to ask her name again, Julia...
Riolu went first and KO'd her Helioptile, strike of luck i guess, then Abra and Quilava took care of Emolga, Accelgor is clearly the strongest of my team, he took care of the 2 Voltorbs, Blitze was down with he help of Abra and Accelgor
(Abra is a really tough Pokémon to train, since he only knows Teleport) And finally Quilava took down her last Pokémon, Elecrode.

I claimed the badge and went outside, it is raining, i'm headed back to the Gran Hall, heal my Pokémon and gather myself together, i'm way to stressed and i need to eat something, after that i'll be headed to the East of the city, hopefully
the police will let me pass this time, but for now, it's food time.

Edited by Vhandrake

I spot you while you and your pokemon are having lunch, Faithful, my Paras is sitting on top of my shoulder and Royalty, my Vespiquen begins to fly around you shiny Accelgor, taking in data, since none of us has ever seen a shiny Accelgor before... "Hello! My name is Angel and I'm an expert in Bugs!" I tell you, as I give some Pokemon food to my Paras, who offers it to your Accelgor. "Most Pokemon hate this, but bugs do love it! Trust me!" I tell you as Accelgor's eyes get replaced by hearts on the first bite.

"I know how you feel... I was once new here as well..." I tell you, noticing that you are melancholic... "But try not to lose heart, or hope! And many people will fight on your side!".

"By the way...", I tell you as I'm leaving, seeing that you cheered up a bit, "Accelgor is really willing to die for its trainer if you create a strong bond with him... It is its Final Gambit... You have a long way before you, but your first steps are correct, Vhan... And... congrats on your first Gym Badge! We will meet again!"

Edit: (To writer) Don't create a new topic under team Showcase every time, cause you will flood the room and all content provided by others will be buried under a ton of your topics. Just post the new chapters in posts of the same topic and title it all "My interactive Reborn adventure" or something. Then add a table of contents on top. You can check how I have done it on my Bug Mono.

Edited by Jess

19 minutes ago, Jess said:

I spot you while you and your pokemon are having lunch, Faithful, my Paras is sitting on top of my shoulder and Royalty, my Vespiquen begins to fly around you shiny Accelgor, taking in data, since none of us has ever seen a shiny Accelgor before... "Hello! My name is Angel and I'm an expert in Bugs!" I tell you, as I give some Pokemon food to my Paras, who offers it to your Accelgor. "Most Pokemon hate this, but bugs do love it! Trust me!" I tell you as Accelgor's eyes get replaced by hearts on the first bite.

"I know how you feel... I was once new here as well..." I tell you, noticing that you are melancholic... "But try not to lose heart, or hope! And many people will fight on your side!".

"By the way...", I tell you as I'm leaving, seeing that you cheered up a bit, "Accelgor is really willing to die for its trainer if you create a strong bond with him... It is its Final Gambit... You have a long way before you, but your first steps are correct, Vhan... And... congrats on your first Gym Badge! We will meet again!"

Wow a Paras! I love Paras, even tho i always felt kinda bad for it, you know with that parasite growing on his head.. But i guess they're ok with it.. Thank you so much for feeding Accelgor, you know, he's really strong but when it comes to feeding him i struggle, i couldn't find out what he really wants, i guess you really are an Angel, at least for my Accelgor! Haha! 

Yeah, i noticed this region is very tough, and most of the times not in a good way.. But i have met so nice people, so it's not really that bad, thanks for cheering me up.. I kinda needed it.. 

I hope i see you soon, and Accelgor thanks you too! 

2 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

I love Paras, even tho i always felt kinda bad for it, you know with that parasite growing on his head.. But i guess they're ok with it..

Haha, yes, Paras are... Parasect have the issue... But I've fixed that ;) 

Check out how!

13 minutes ago, Jess said:

Haha, yes, Paras are... Parasect have the issue... But I've fixed that ;) 

Check out how!

Wow, what an amazing story! the bond between family members.. Right? that makes me miss my brother a little bit.. I hope he's doing well.

So there's a fire Gym? Well, i guess i still got time to prepare for that, as for now i'll head the East side of the City, i've heard the next Gym is over there! :D I hope you, Faithful and Tranquility the best of luck! 

42 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

*Walks up to you* Hey! You're back. I came back here a little bit ago and didn't see you here. How you been doing since last time?

Hey there, Quakez.. Well, i'm certainly doing better, after a couple of stuff happening yesterday i decided i want to stay here for the time being... And i wanna become strong, so i'll challenge the League, hopefully i can it as far as my brother! 

20 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

I'm sure you will. Man. It's only been like a day or so and I can already see you feeling better than before. So do anything exciting since we saw each other last?

Well i helped Julia and Rini with Team Meteor, they had some plans with the plant, apparentely Team Meteor is like a terrorist group or something like that, but i'm sure you know about them already.. Am i right? 

4 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

Well i helped Julia and Rini with Team Meteor, they had some plans with the plant, apparentely Team Meteor is like a terrorist group or something like that, but i'm sure you know about them already.. Am i right? 

*I stand there looking down at the floor with an angry expression on my face* Yes... I know them... I saw one of them on the train when I got on with Ame. I thought he looked weird but I was too excited with my first real Pokemon adventure to do anything about it or even at least tell someone about him. If I did something... Anything... Maybe the train wouldn't have exploded and maybe lives wouldn't have been lost. I blame myself for what happened on the train. I hate them. I hate them so much. I promised myself that I will take them down and make sure they never wreck havoc in this Region again.

*Enters Grand Hall*

If it isn't Vhan. I've heard you got your first badge, congratulations!

See? Battling isn't bad, right?

2 hours ago, Vhandrake said:

Wait...Team Meteor? I've heard they are dangerous. I'm glad you managed to beat a few of them.

But it won't stop there. I've heard that Obsidia Ward, which is east of here, is in trouble. Team Meteor might be involved in this mess.

I'll be going there to see what is happening.

5 hours ago, Jess said:

Edit: (To writer) Don't create a new topic under team Showcase every time, cause you will flood the room and all content provided by others will be buried under a ton of your topics. Just post the new chapters in posts of the same topic and title it all "My interactive Reborn adventure" or something. Then add a table of contents on top. You can check how I have done it on my Bug Mono.

B-B-BEEEEEEEES

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Runs as fast as he can at the exit*

11 hours ago, Jess said:

You think so? I thought about it, but then i decided to do it just once per day... With alot of luck 2 per day, one in the morning and one in the night (That being because i don't have alot of time with university and life)... You think is that bad? 

Just now, Vhandrake said:

You think so? I thought about it, but then i decided to do it just once per day... With alot of luck 2 per day, one in the morning and one in the night (That being because i don't have alot of time with university and life)... You think is that bad? 

Not bad, but your posts will be just all over the place and not tidied up under one topic, which would drive my OCD mad... I would make it like a mono run, in one topic and update it whenever I feel like it :) 

6 hours ago, Alextron said:

*Enters Grand Hall*

If it isn't Vhan. I've heard you got your first badge, congratulations!

See? Battling isn't bad, right?

Wait...Team Meteor? I've heard they are dangerous. I'm glad you managed to beat a few of them.

But it won't stop there. I've heard that Obsidia Ward, which is east of here, is in trouble. Team Meteor might be involved in this mess.

I'll be going there to see what is happening.

Yeah, battling is kinda awesome, and i turns out that i really have a great team.. 

As for Meteor, it was dangerous, even tho i felt that some rookies where in our way.. Not the big deal.

Are you serious? They're there too? I guess this is far from over.. 

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

Not bad, but your posts will be just all over the place and not tidied up under one topic, which would drive my OCD mad... I would make it like a mono run, in one topic and update it whenever I feel like it :) 

But if i just update it won't it be just buried somewhere deep in my posts? 

42 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

But if i just update it won't it be just buried somewhere deep in my posts? 

Yes, after months of not touching it... But I generally prefer not to flood the main forum with a ton of my topics. Especially if they all have the same subject. You might get a warning by a mod/admin if you do this.

7 minutes ago, Jess said:

Yes, after months of not touching it... But I generally prefer not to flood the main forum with a ton of my topics. Especially if they all have the same subject. You might get a warning by a mod/admin if you do this.

I will talk to a mod and figure it out, thanks for the advice.

21 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

*I stand there looking down at the floor with an angry expression on my face* Yes... I know them... I saw one of them on the train when I got on with Ame. I thought he looked weird but I was too excited with my first real Pokemon adventure to do anything about it or even at least tell someone about him. If I did something... Anything... Maybe the train wouldn't have exploded and maybe lives wouldn't have been lost. I blame myself for what happened on the train. I hate them. I hate them so much. I promised myself that I will take them down and make sure they never wreck havoc in this Region again.

Come on Quakez... The train explosion was terrible, and the only ones to blame are Team Meteor, you are not guilty of anything.. I guess the best kind of payback is tearing them down so no more suffering will be spread... I ... I think i can help with that.. 

1 minute ago, Vhandrake said:

Come on Quakez... The train explosion was terrible, and the only ones to blame are Team Meteor, you are not guilty of anything.. I guess the best kind of payback is tearing them down so no more suffering will be spread... I ... I think i can help with that.. 

I know. I just... I just wish I could have done something. But anyways, that's good! We need more people to help with the situation here. Thanks for the kind words though. I feel better. Well I'm off to train more before trying to head to Obsidia Ward. I beat Julia for her badge. Wasn't hard since I only use Ground Type Pokemon. xD Hope you have a good day Vhan! See ya!