Ideas about Aelita's heritage/Not being listed as heir

• Global Mods

Aelita didn't become the new Sensei because she apparently wasn't listed as the heir, which made me wonder if she's Keta's biological child. 

Here are some ideas I thought of:

1) The possibility I mentioned above: her not being Keta's biological child. As far as I know, when you adopt someone, you're legally considered that person's parent, but it's possible in Sheridan it's required for an heir to be related by blood to the previous Sensei. 

Expanding on this, maybe she's one of the four lights who are "not born of man" if this is the case.

2) Aelita is Keta's biological child, and/or she isn't but that doesn't effect heir status. In this scenario, Keta himself chose not to list Aelita as an heir. It could be because he thought she wasn't ready to handle the position, perhaps due to her tendency to jump headfirst into situations even if she's warned to be careful (like when the Eldest tried to warn her about Goldenleaf). It could also be to protect her from Team Xen. He could've wanted as little attention as possible to be drawn to Aelita. 

Another possibility I thought of was it being connected to Keta's dealings with Team Xen, but I discarded that idea when I remembered Madelis didn't know Aelita was Keta's daughter until the lab raid. 

I think whatever the reason is connected to what the Eldest said. She told Aelita she thinks she'd be a fine sensei, but she can't be one at the moment for reasons she can't tell her. 

When Aelita was complaining about everyone she knows being so stubborn, the Eldest said "It's because we care about you", which could be tied in to the idea that Keta wanted to protect Aelita from Team Xen. 

But while I think that could be part of it, I don't think it'd be as simple as just that, since the Eldest and Keta's protectiveness of Aelita has already been stated and shown. I think the Eldest knows something Aelita doesn't. 

If it isn't something to do with her relation to Keta, then I think it'd have something to do with her mother. Keta and the Eldest have mentioned someone named Vivian, who I'm assuming is Keta's wife and Aelita's mom. Vivian could've chose to not have Aelita listed as heir for some reason. 

What I understood from the situation was that despite Aelita being immensely talented, were she to be tied down to Sheridan as a gym leader, it would hamper her growth as an individual, which is why she wasn't listed as the heir. Obviously, everyone respected her and her abilities, but Keita knew that her journey was more important than her assuming the gym leader position.

Her being one of the four lights, is certainly an interesting idea, though I don't think we can say anything for certain in this regard as of yet. 

Well I do feel that the second option is more possible but I have a theory that might expand the second option a little bit, but this theory really has nothing really to help make it a solid theory but one line of dialogue.

Spoiler

What if Aelita is like the MC and she was part of the prophecy and she and her mother were hidden from Team Xen with the help of Crescent or that Aelita's mother was like the MC's mother and was a "doll" and was given Aelita to be looked after by Crescent.

Pretty much this theory was created when I heard  the Eldest said in her thoughts (which we could see weirdly enough) and it's been awhile so I can't remember what exactly she said but it was pretty much like, "Finally they arrived." or something like that when we first arrive in Sheridan after her and Aelita's conversation. It would make sense that the Eldest knew we were going to arrive if when before Vivian passed away she trusted the Eldest y telling her about Crescent and which in turn Crescent told the Eldest we would be arriving in Sheridan. 

But it just a theory.... a Game Pokémon theory!