WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE

superskin

Hey so I just finished Episode 16 and this has probably been the most enjoyable Pokemon experience I've had but I've been crushed by the "Stay Tuned!!!" message and I feel so empty that no amount of spelunking through Ametrine Mountain can fix me so I wanted to know if you all know of the other great fan games worth checking out. (Preferably ones that have a quality story and complete to a point of beating the bad guys/ beating the E4/ whatever gimmick they use) I've been through Z/O, Uranium, and Insurgence (where I faced similar frustration at stay tuned) and want to know if anything else is really up to their level of quality. Reborn always #1 in my heart and can't wait for Episode 17!!

you have also : 

- pokemon reborn hardcore CoM ( check the forum ) , it's pokemon reborn but more challenging and you can add some rules ( no items , randomizer etc ) 

- pokemon academy life ( my topic ) , short at this moment but looking good

- pokemon paradox : this one is funny , you travel in time as blue ( pokemon fire red story ) and you have to change history by defeating red and you become champion instead

- pokemon sacred gold : story of pokemon soul silver but with so more things to do ( more difficult , a lot of pokemon etc ) 

but M.Divergent said the essential :)

Try visiting the Fan Game Exposé page, I'm sure you'll find more games like Reborn to play. I extremely highly strongly suggest you play Pokemon Rejuvenation, it's no less of Reborn, and you will love it just like you love Reborn. 

That, and I know how you feel about not having any game to play when you've already played all the good ones. Trust me about that. 

On 4/12/2017 at 0:00 AM, superskin said:

Hey so I just finished Episode 16 and this has probably been the most enjoyable Pokemon experience I've had but I've been crushed by the "Stay Tuned!!!" message and I feel so empty that no amount of spelunking through Ametrine Mountain can fix me so I wanted to know if you all know of the other great fan games worth checking out. (Preferably ones that have a quality story and complete to a point of beating the bad guys/ beating the E4/ whatever gimmick they use) I've been through Z/O, Uranium, and Insurgence (where I faced similar frustration at stay tuned) and want to know if anything else is really up to their level of quality. Reborn always #1 in my heart and can't wait for Episode 17!!

Here are some suggestions of ones that I have Lets Played:

• Pokemon Rejuvenation - someone mentioned this one; like Pokemon Reborn but a bit less dark and the setting is beautiful; the choices you make can alter the story and there is alot of side missions where you can get rare items and pokemon
  • Pokemon Alabaster - this one only has up to three badges, but the story is very interesting; you start off with 3 pokemon that are not starters and go to a training academy (only game I know where a Pokemon school is actually utilized); there is more to say, but I think I will keep that a secret; more fun seeing surprises.
  • Pokemon Sage - this game has some of the best designs for Pokemon that I have ever seen and the setting is absolutely breathtaking. However, its very short only having up to one badge

Those are my top three, excluding Reborn, that I have played so far. There may be others that I haven't played so you may want to take other suggestions.

56 minutes ago, ProjectIceman said:

Here are some suggestions of ones that I have Lets Played:

• Pokemon Rejuvenation - someone mentioned this one; like Pokemon Reborn but a bit less dark and the setting is beautiful; the choices you make can alter the story and there is alot of side missions where you can get rare items and pokemon
  • Pokemon Alabaster - this one only has up to three badges, but the story is very interesting; you start off with 3 pokemon that are not starters and go to a training academy (only game I know where a Pokemon school is actually utilized); there is more to say, but I think I will keep that a secret; more fun seeing surprises.
  • Pokemon Sage - this game has some of the best designs for Pokemon that I have ever seen and the setting is absolutely breathtaking. However, its very short only having up to one badge

Those are my top three, excluding Reborn, that I have played so far. There may be others that I haven't played so you may want to take other suggestions.

Try with Pokemon Spork of ICSW, the game is very nice, the plot, the musics and the characters are fantastic.

1 hour ago, Hellyeah98 said:

Try with Pokemon Spork of ICSW, the game is very nice, the plot, the musics and the characters are fantastic.

I'll look into it. Thanks!

*Inner Thoughts* (It better not be like Pokemon Wet Moat dammit)

XD

Play Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark. I hear they're pretty good.

I would also try Volt White/Blaze Black and/or Volt White 2/Blaze Black 2. Very good rom hacks of Black and White and Black 2 and White 2, which include every pokemon up to Gen 5 and increase the difficulty a lot.

Aside from that I think that all my recommendations have already been posted.