Fire Emblem 7: The Custom Sword

Ojama Yellow

If you dare talk shit about this title, I will find you.

It's here bois! My run featuring all the characters you submitted for me is here! Thanks for creating them, by the way! And now it's time to see whether RNGesus likes me today. Small note, I will be doing resets this run if my units die, unless the unit has got really bad growths somehow and I can't be bothered to reset for them.

Anyway!

zxswCuy.png

Playing Lyn Hard Mode, because it gives some easy experience to the units that appear in Lyn Mode. Also, fuck Lyn Normal Mode.

l0olZdl.png

Actually accurate in both name and birthday. I nearly always go with my birthday month, but this time I wanted to see which affinity would benefit my units the most. Turns out Anima was still one of the better affinities. We take those.

r4YsE4r.png

There we GO

Small note, I won't be screenshotting a lot of the cutscenes because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to screenshot all the plot. It's just too much, okay.

t5uVucC.png

The settings I usually use. Not pictured: autocursor off.

g7c7OZE.png

Thanks to Inno for the creation of this Lyn Lord! This is also the reason I will be calling her Lynno from now on.

See, this is a strat. Lynno has to hit this brigand thrice to kill him off, so if the brigand attacks me first, I will be able to hit him three times and he will only be able to hit me once.

Of course, that's considering Lynno still doubles him, but seeing as I didn't tinker with enemy speed, she should still be able to double.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget. Lynno's stats!

3XtM9cG.png

Fun fact, Lynno will be able to wield Silver Swords without speed penalties after promotion!

Anyhow, as for her other stats. Lynno has higher bases than regular Lyn, but also lower growths. However, with the Strength growth she has, capping it out after promotion should not be a problem at all. Her Speed should end up maxing as well, and her Skill should be pretty high too eventually! Though Luck, Defense and Resistance will lag behind a little. But hey, who needs bulk when you can just dodge everything.

Sorry for having to subtract 5% off every growth but HP, Inno. I realized too late that you had put 330% total growths on Lyn as opposed to 300%.

zVV4MDE.png

...Wait, what. Hold on for a moment.

> 10 damage

Uh. So Lynno apparently ORKOs this brigand if she doubles him.

Huh.

Well.

That just happened.

iqZTSjx.png

Yup, she doubles him.

We are in the prologue and I've already broken the game.

gg

NFnPksC.png

Again, allowing Batta to attack me first so that he doesn't land two lucky axe blows and kills Lynno off.

rpygXHy.png

Man, Batta not being a playable character makes me sad.

ArRkzOa.png

I FUCKING KNEW IT

Even with the 38%, Batta always seems to land his blows with his axe. And no, it isn't predetermined like it is in Normal Mode. Fucking Batta.

Svqo6wE.png0Dt3iUB.png

But then Lynno decided to double him on his attack and finish him off in the player phase. First growth ti-

RAhF1tM.png

What.

WHAT.

WHAT.

WHAT.

JUST

WHAT.

LOOK AT THOSE GROWTH PERCENTAGES FOR A MOMENT.

> 20% RES

> 70% STR

> 65% SPEED

H E L L O

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES

kNuPfUp.png

I wish I could say the same about you. Sadly the only thing you gained is a fuckmages level.

n9d98Il.png

Next up, chapter 1.

RhWRcOU.png

Hey, Sain. Majorly fuck off now, thank you.

I didn't give Sain a custom build either.

Because #fuckoffsain.

LaUJp9Y.png

I hadn't screenshotted Lynno's stats yet, so here they are!

Anima affinity will give a HUGE boost to evasion and crit evasion later, as well as giving Lynno some more attack and defense. Lynno is going to fuck things up hard.

CYbELmP.png

Oh boy. Kent appears too. Thanks to YinYang for the creation of this guy! What's that? You want to see some growths?

6dgWPAA.png

Hello there, Sain/Lowen crossbred. Basically, this Kent will end up with really high Speed and Skill eventually, or at least should. It's still nothing compared to his massive Defense, though. That Defense. God. Strength is also quite high. This Kent reminds me a little of a knight, actually.

Except Kent actually does have Speed.

His Resistance and especially Luck are ludicrously low, but we'll manage.

The Dark affinity will not boost Kent's attack and defense, which may be a good thing since obviously his bulk is already off the scales, but instead it boosts Kent's hit and evade, as well as his critical and crit evade.

O60nuxN.png

Thanks for handing over the Iron Lance, Sain. Now go away.

S7bWA5v.png

...Kent ORKOs this brigand.

To give you a bit of insight in what a regular Kent usually can do.

In this chapter, Kent is not supposed to deal 10 damage, nor is he supposed to double the brigands. Welp. Lyn Mode is already won, I guess.

wD6UIA5.pngnS8Et8C.pngY0xvv61.png

The entire chapter summed up in three screenshots.

dzmEF6P.png

Casually wondering where the fuck all this Res is coming from.

qElqxzv.png

Since I want to be mr. Nice Guy and give Lynno the boss exp, I'll let the boss attack Nukent so Lynno can move in and finish him.

AYMtxsF.png

Sucks to be Zugu.

lSA8r1F.png

Buddy, even Lynno on her own would have fucked you up.

wYtujxl.png

cri

OjyjuHk.png

Don't act like you're in need of a tactician with those stats.

qvuUjEV.png

Annnd chapter 2!

agTERi1.png

Glass the ass. I mean, his dialogue is pretty cool, I guess?

It's just that he isn't Batta.

PiOHo1w.png

Sain moves to the edge of the map, where he will remain forever.

AOKFaXK.png

Lynno kills something and get a levelup that actually does not include Res. For once. I am surprised.

dA23KT4.pngaTY5PKP.png

While Kent breaks down the wall, Lynno casually stops all the brigands from getting close by dodging their axe strikes and ORKO'ing them all.

Inno, you have created a monster.

9j8iHjC.png

Lynno moves in first to fight the brigand between the two pillars. You don't even have to ask how it went.

vyqKWcr.pngYC4uKLJ.png

> Iron Lance

Z0Re2xV.png

Meanwhile, Lynno gets hit for the first time! Well, technically, Batta also hit her. But Batta is a cheater, that doesn't count.

nI4DH0X.png

Lynno is having none of that.

KXcGp2k.png

> more Strength

vaNE8hB.png

In the meantime, Kent also killed Glass.

5Tf9Qfx.png

He gets a decent growth of i-

Wait.

Hold on.

> 10% Luck growth

HOW.

THE.

FUCK.

SNuCjaE.png

Woah buddy, I'm just here for the Mani Katti.

rHXveS9.png

And we get the best weapon Lynno can wish for, which basically means that Lynno's usefulness just skyrocketed.

Despite her already ORKO'ing everything so far.

This is going to be fun.

But Glass has peerless swordplay that makes the gods tremble! How could he be defeated so easily....? Lyn mode officially broken.

I mean, if I can beat Batta and Glass, the rest of the game should be easy enough, right?

Oh, sorry man. I'm just so used to using 330% growths on things.

Dude, you created a Lyn that is able to obliterate her mode with those bases. No need to apologize. It's highly unlikely that those -5% off all growths will matter a lot either.

bdKzQJK.png

I forgot to screenshot the chapter's title, but this guy's mugshot should prove that we have started chapter 3.

Fucking Migal.

rBVMajt.pngAdhH3nu.png

Uh.

JAkuhIv.png

So all people that know about my preferences in Fire Emblem also know that I absolutely despise using Pegasus Knights. The reason? Lances as their weapons while their base constitution is stalled at fucking five.

However, thanks to IntSys, this little problem has been fixed. This Florina is able to wield Steel Lances without speed penalties. Of course, it comes with lower base stats overall, but I honestly don't care because give me all that con. Florina's strength, speed and skill will hopefully pick up sooner or later too.

The Thunder affinity gives Florina a boost to her crit and evasion, which is pretty good, as well as buffing her defense. Seeing as it's very possible that Florina will be frail, god bless. Critical evade is also a buff given by Thunder. God bless, because if any crit hits Florina, she's a goner.

9aF3SnQ.png

Yeah, Sain. Leave them alone.

v58Ti8Z.png

Who have we got here?

cAxUn1T.png

Thank you Anstane for the creation of my archer.

Oh boy. Pretty high strength for an archer of his level, as well as having good speed and decent skill. Wil will not get to doubling enemies instantly yet, unlike Kent, but I'm pretty sure that he will soon with those growths. Wil's resistance will end up being pretty low, so I may consider using a Talisman on him so that magic enemy units don't completely destroy him.

The Wind affinity makes Wil's offensive utility skyrocket, as it boosts attack, crit and hit. It also boost crit evasion, which is always nice. Fuck crits.

ZtiJZ63.png

Kent takes first blood.

He leaves no survivors.

Mxmr1LI.png

Wil does not do a lot yet. That will change soon enough. I hope.

LS2EVJf.pngAwBPWCn.pngK0uLRu8.pngpXlz4EU.png

Kent keeps rampaging through the enemy ranks, getting quite a good levelup for his efforts.

RpFJW5E.pnglW9927x.png

Wil and Florina also get exp, I guess.

ntjSeGR.png

Oh, Migal.

GUurdLr.png

...Y'know, this puts me in a really funny spot here. Florina can kill this guy.

Of course, if her first attack misses off the 71% (still more than Focus Blast), Migal will hit back and will kill Florina.

Hm.

6ZL4ugm.png

Don't act like you hadn't expected this.

qzplQGs.png

Wait...wait, shit, no.

HevCwSm.png

WAIT NO FUCK SHIT NO-

SEMNL7P.png

Where were we?

Ah yes, chapter 3.

Lovely.

5WWAK3w.png

This time Lynno gets used.

8mo1fxc.png

And we kill Migal.

NMtGkUz.png

I think that's the only levelup I got this chapter, unless I fucked up and missed a screenie.

I tried to rush this chapter on the second try, alright. If it were any other chapter, one that would be longer, I would have not tried what I did. However, since this chapter is fairly short, whatever.

Rest in peace Kent's good levelup, though.

VNdcuwe.png

You can say that again.

VymUvyE.png

And chapter 4.

7Y0glWU.png

Flashbacks to Dorcas Emblem intensify

9eB4xxB.png3Uwvr5r.pngWerOPJz.png

Thank god this chapter doesn't feature fog of war.

SYoIzXV.png

And Dorcas starts out on the enemy side.

The funny part? The woman he is supposed to capture is his wife.

The funnier part? He actually won't capture her, but rather kills her.

The funniest part? The reason he joined these brigands in the first place was to get money to help his wife recover from her illness.

He would literally kill his wife to get money for his wife.

Fucking Dorcas.

UaAG3Wu.pngLsVuJmH.png

...Wait, what. What the fuck.

QeOA6jo.png

Hey, another character by Anstane!

Holy shit that bulk. This kind of bulk is LEGENDARY for this part of the game. Normally Dorcas shouldn't even have much trouble bulking goddamn axe blows. For a knight, Dorcas also has pretty good speed growth, which will hopefully synergize well with his high con. Low res, just like most of my characters, but unlike most of my characters, Dorcas should not be engaging magic units anytime soon.

The hit rates of Dorcas get boosted by the Ice affinity, as well as his defense, evasion and crit evasion. As soon as this Dorcas is fully ready, nothing will penetrate this armor.

Normally.

It's still fucking Dorcas, after all.

9kseCqZ.png

We move Kent down here to wall literally all the brigands on his own.

hvNsUAS.png

Kent gets a very good levelup.

COUfKu3.png

A lot of this.

1XFCqlz.png

A less good levelup, but it features strength and skill, so I'll take it.

1neSykW.png

Can these brigands stop hitting their 39% blows.

This is still turn 1, by the way.

rdWY9Zu.png

Still turn 1.

BhR98oV.png

And Lynno recruits Dorcas.

Take notice of how many brigands are remaining around the main entrance. Yup, they all suicided by attacking Kent.

3g82ZqE.png

I find it hilarious how this one tries to attack Kent. He does not know yet how fucked he is.

ttDZBry.png

This hurts a slight bit more, though. Still have to mention that it's an axe blow against a lance user, so that damage output was still really low.

qdzwACo.png

Yes, give us more experience.

I should mention that every time I play this chapter, I strive to kill every single enemy unit that appears on the map. If I failed to even kill one of them, I consider the chapter a failure. This is actually less hard than it sounds because the cavaliers fuck up all the enemies at the main entrance real hard, while Florina deals with the mercenaries up north, and Lyn goes to kill Carjiga and the archer in the southeast.

However, this is in regular playthroughs. This playthrough makes it so much easier. Oh so much easier.

riPt3Wh.png

I think this was a crit but I forgot.

teh8PnQ.png

> implying I put an axe user in Lyn Mode

ZPWs2OL.png

You what.

8Fga2cw.png

Florina actually gets a decent levelup. I wouldn't mind a little strength, though.

dq9OKHM.png

See, if Carjiga connects one hit with his Steel Axe, Lynno will die. Recalling the amount of brigands that hit Kent with around 30-40% hit chance, not taking the risk. Vulnerary'ing Lynno real quick.

6ahZYH4.png

But he missed and it didn't matter.

Also, that level. Lynno why.

8OkvbEx.png71P13ac.png

Kent and Wil are doing better.

hIDQHA4.png

Bye.

Qr2SWwN.png

And he manages to break the wall just as he is at 1 HP and all his comrades have fallen already. Wil is already preparing a tasty arrow for him.

qiD38s5.pngD4FvYKX.png

I think the enemy is starting to realize that it would have been a better idea to attack at night.

9D9drkw.png

Florina why.

B0pw899.png

And the chapter ends the same way it began, with Kent slaughtering pretty much half of the map.

I think it was more than half, actually.

rXo70sm.png

A Dorcas that is actually useful? Welcome aboard! At least he can't abuse his wife anymore now.

Fucking Dorcas.

Nice to see all the units working out well so far.

Yeah, magic might be a bit of an issue later, unless those res procs hit.

And I admit I didn't realize I could give points to Con, otherwise I would have tossed Wil an extra point for the sake of Steel Bows.

I believe they call Dorcus attacking his wife Mathis syndrome, a rare and non fatal disease that makes people attack their loved ones in a frenzy.

Strangely, the cure is a good talking to by an unrelated person, or failing that, a good whack to the head

Matthis is the reason I hate Chapter 3 in 3/12. Screw that guy. Even if my last one turned out kind of okay as a hero.

• 2 weeks later...

HAHA

I THINK IM A LITTLE LATE HERE

ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING IM ALREADY AT CHAPTER 20 INGAME

I MEAN WHAT

I believe they call Dorcus attacking his wife Mathis syndrome, a rare and non fatal disease that makes people attack their loved ones in a frenzy.

Strangely, the cure is a good talking to by an unrelated person, or failing that, a good whack to the head

Matthis is the reason I hate Chapter 3 in 3/12. Screw that guy. Even if my last one turned out kind of okay as a hero.

I'll normally go for the whack, but hey. I doubt a whack is going to get through that armor.

Nice to see all the units working out well so far.

Yeah, magic might be a bit of an issue later, unless those res procs hit.

And I admit I didn't realize I could give points to Con, otherwise I would have tossed Wil an extra point for the sake of Steel Bows.

Yeah, going pretty well so far. Res may be troubling it really really is but I'll manage.

Losing only one point of attack speed ain't that bad.

YWVcF5c.png

Funny thing about this chapter, it's the easiest so far. Actually, it's the easiest in the whole game.

This chapter is easier than the prologue and chapters 1 and 2. Yes, it's possible.

Fcchyh0.png

But first gotta get some exp, amirite?

JTOCwha.png

Can confirm.

HzpSSD3.png5vvkkY7.pngatgh81X.png

...Wait, hold on, hold on what. Flux? A shaman in LYN MODE?

zE5Bs8E.png

Krim, what have you done. I'm sorry okay I just find Erk's personality really fitting for a shaman alright don't murder me please

Also, small note, had to subtract one point of bases because you put in one point too many. I decided to subtract a point of defense since he would be picking it up later anyway, and defense isn't as important to him as magic, speed or skill.

Hooo boy. A shaman that actually has the potential to become bulky on the physical aspect as opposed to the magic aspect. Erk has enough magic and speed to decimate most enemies, especially combined with that decently high con. Shame about HP and res, but you can't have everything.

Anima affinity! It boosts both attack and defense, both of which Erk gladly welcomes. Furthermore, it gives a boost to both evasion and critical evasion. Hopefully skill will pick up enough so that Erk hits and crits all over the board without supports.

cUxStPT.png

You're still more or less vanilla.

x3KuwrK.png

IntSys, old chap. Thank you for creating this one.

Serra is...Serra, yes. She will mainly be used for healbot purposes. The healbot needs only a few things. Bulk and magic. That is also what this healbot is focusing on. Skill? Lolpls. You can't miss healing.

Anima affinity has just been explained and I can't be assed to repeat it again for the healbot.

lLYvQ7m.png

My reaction to the people to ask why I put a shaman in Lyn Mode.

HHRF7w1.png

Note that a shaman that actually does have speed early on easily breaks the game.

ngKKx7O.pngNtZnMoX.png

Oh, wait. We're used to broken things already.

m3dSAxX.png

Wil also wants to show off.

MLG06ez.png

> more speed and defense

Yeah, Kent isn't getting hit by physical attacks anytime soon.

lTURFWU.png

Spooky.

lZfRzCa.png

You're literally called Bug, get out of my face.

VN3jL82.png

...Eh. Magic and speed is good, I guess.

V1eFRrk.png

If there's anyone you need to thank, turn to Kent and Erk.

zhvubYx.png

I fucking hate this chapter. I'm sorry, this is unreasonable, but I really, really dislike this chapter. In fact, I dislike most of Lyn Mode's chapters past chapter 4. I dunno why.

3TZ6Qmt.png

Nice one, Rath!

SwMiL3D.png

And now hand it over.

Q26zNsR.png

Oh boy it's the only thief I ever use in Fire Emblem 7 because Legault can massively fuck off.

oiuqYra.png

I forgot to screenshot Matthew's stats in the chapter. Oops.

Anyway, thanks to IntSys for the creation of this thief! Just like what you'd expect from a thief, really high speed, but also an uncommonly high skill growth. This is to ensure that Matthew will fuck shit up when he digivolves into an assassin. Matthew will be ridiculously frail to both physical and magical attacks, though, so gotta play it safe with him.

Knowing me, I probably won't.

Not pictured here is Matthew's affinity, which is Thunder. Thunder does not do anything to attack and hit rates, which isn't necessary. With Matthew's high skill and swordlock, he won't be missing a lot anyway. And his attack is invalidated upon promotion because Lethality exists. Instead, Thunder boosts evasion, crit evasion (give more dodge) and defense, making Matthew more durable. He really needs it. It also gives Matthew a boost in crit rate, for extra Lethality.

UFYYvNG.png

It's because of lines like these that I keep Matthew around.

CvpQ9Zn.png

sigh

l7Eaap2.png

I don't remember why I screenshotted this.

qjNwm7l.png

Two to go.

15gOlyD.png

Why are generic soldiers so terrible.

tYTwhCx.png

Oh, hey! Nice!

dhAe0uj.png

gimme

Y3GXwRB.png

One to go! Bool is standing on it, so we will have to go through him. Which shouldn't be too hard.

vgvIbvd.png

Fucking Dorcas.

kUNZh1z.png

Erk

no

Iu7EMtR.png

But then this happened!

oW1f8Du.png

SHE'S REALLY FEELING IT

1T3tA6T.png

Who will I give this to, I wonder. Probably Lyn or Florina, considering their frailness as close-range physical units. Maybe even Matthew, who knows.

MQ9agYE.png

...Erk actually ORKOs Bool. Now that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

Ktz85CK.png

LET'S GO

YUw8hBo.png

> Dorcas dodging

OiU5w0E.png

shit

PnlmA81.png

He stays Dorcas, I guess.

9D7n4Za.png

Wait..wait, what?

xgqFc40.png

ARE YOU JOKING

84% HIT AND HE MISSED

dI8yKE6.png

FUCKING DORCAS

eLP5846.pngnRJARg4.pngYrT4Bhk.pngfST2lW0.png7GRaTp4.png

The new levels replacing the ones I lost from chapter 6.

Is this my punishment for fucking up badly.

Fucking Dorcas.

Rd56VY8.png

YEAH

JUST MISS WHEN IT DOESN'T MATTER

WHY DON'T YOU

GLIqAd4.png

Florina nets Bool's exp.

Fucking Bool.

Ui372gH.png

...Okay, that is decent enough. Wouldn't mind strength picking up, though.

6hwKZoE.png

And we finished the chapter.

E7Q8ewv.png

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

Gotherk is the hero Lycia needs.

Rip Dorcas. I never realized Bool was the one that put poison in his mutton.

Side note: Staves actually *could* miss in Thracia. Its hilarious in certain circumstances (Like an enemy trying to warp himself somewhere and missing. How do you miss yourself?) And very painful in others.

Side note: Staves actually *could* miss in Thracia. Its hilarious in certain circumstances (Like an enemy trying to warp himself somewhere and missing. How do you miss yourself?) And very painful in others.

Ah, Thracia...I admit I haven't played it myself, but I heard horror stories about it. And staves missing is just one of them. Desperately need to heal someone so they don't die? Lolnope.

Rip Dorcas. Bool was too strong for him :( Here's hoping he picks up in power later.