The Redemption League - Triple Theme Tournamant afterthoughts?

DashingStorm

This is being written extremely late, but I kept forgetting to create this thread after the last tournament had ended and I have been caught up in work for wayyyyyyyy too much lately, so excuse my absence from the League.

I'd like to know if you guys enjoyed the Theme Tournaments we've held (granted the first one was a complete bust because of the tournament system not working on Showdown back then, we might re-do that one sometime idk), and if you'd possibly like to see more of these in the upcoming future!

Yes, yes, you guys all want to know what "secret" prizes we distributed among our winners, and I'm sure that people familiar with the old Reborn League might know of the existence of certain items that could be purchased in the Site Shop when they were still available, but yes! We had similar secret prizes to those as well!

Allow me to elaborate on the concept idea we had before we started the tournaments;

Our initial idea was to fill Spring Break, spread across the entire world with all the different countries and timezones we all live in, with 3 tournaments spread across the 3 weeks Spring Break would last (some having Spring Break a week earlier or later than others). Nice concept, but it needed some oomph to it, so we decided to create tiny things and eventually came up with a few potential ideas, which we discussed on and kept in the running for the tournaments.

Naturally, we also wanted people to have a different option, say if they wanted to change their Showdown sprite, maybe save up for Ace or whatever reason they could think of, so we came up with the idea to pitch in some Rupees as well, so people had a choice to either get the rupees or the secret prize.

We've had a few things ready, but these are the ones that stood out enough to be first-time prizes for the first-time theme tournaments we've hosted;

Move-Swap Token:

This token allows you to change a single move just once, regardless of the amount of badges you currently have. Stuck on a leader and you wish you had x move on x Pokemon? Welp, there you go. Simple, right?

(Re)-Challenge Token:

This token would allow you to either rematch a leader you've lost to on that day, or to issue a second challenge with a different leader on that same day! Potentially giving you 2 battles on 1 day, giving you the possibility to have up to 4 badges in 1 weekend. Deemed a little bit too broken, we had to "nerf" it to be for usage in B6 and the Champion brackets only.

Double-Move-Swap Token:

This token would allow you to change 2 moves on your team, works the same as the single Move Swap Token, but lets you change 2 moves instead.

You're all probably wondering why we're not implementing all of these into the League; The answer is quite simple. We don't want you guys to have an easy time going through the League. Who knows, we could potentially have these items in the Site Shop for season 2 (yes, we're planning on having S2 but don't ask when it'll be cause idfk), but we'd definitely put restrictions or limitations on them.

So fun fact; the people who actually won the Singles and Doubles tournament, both picked the secret prizes, but missy loudmouth aka Helen, won the Triples tournament, meaning nobody got the third prize. We deemed the last prize to be a little bit over-the-top, so we went with the single Move-Swap Token to be given out to both Swimming95 and Marky B to be their "secret" prizes.

The final prize was supposed to be the Re-Challenge Token, but Helen unfortunately snagged that one away and tossed it back in the vault for safekeepings. First time I've seen her do something useful -cough- >>

Sooooooooooo, what do you guys think about having more Redemption League-related Theme Tournaments? Would you like to redeem yourself in the next one (if we have more)?

Would you like to have another shot at Redemption?

Let us know!

idk I've never participated in one of them because I had dinner but those prizes are actually very tempting

maybe if the tour started a bit earlier/later I could do it?

I'd still probably lose rip

also give redemption 1v1s tour y/y

Lucy would wreck with Greninja :]

Oh, and grats to Swims and Marky and Helen I guess! :]

#BreloomBot: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I only got to do the second due to Showdown and illness respectively, but it was fun. Getting to fight Leo well before hitting B5 was nice, too, even if I got wrecked so very hard by TR doubles.

Move-swap token looks very pretty right about now.