The Redemption League - Theme Tournament Times Three!

DashingStorm

Yoooooo what's up folks?!

With Spring Break right around the corner (for some, others already having/have had it), we've decided to pump some juice into the League a liiiiiiiittle bit more.

During the spring break season (aka the entirety of March), we'll be hosting 3 Theme Tournaments in the Redemption League channel, during League itself.

You may wonder "But Dash, won't that collide with the League itself?", right?

You may be right, or you may not be. We've decided to do the tournament during the "quiet" times of the League, aka 2 hours into League.

Alright, so to clarify what we're actually planning on doing:

- Theme Tournament Times Three - Spring Break edition -

- All entrants must be using their respective Redemption League teams, as we have them registered.

( No League team? Don't fret! You can make ONE team to participate with during these tournaments! )

- We will host a Singles, Doubles and Triples tournament each week, altering between each format every week!

- Redemption League rules apply (meaning that for the newcomers, you cannot use a Mega Evolution or a Pokémon the classes as Legendary).

- The tournaments will be double elimination, meaning you have two shots at Redemption.

- The Redemption League leaders may or may not choose to join in on the fun! If they do end up joining, you might have that chance at battling someone you've wanted to battle again after having defeated them once before! Do note, that the higher-up leaders, like Axel, Leo, Ninia, Dexter, Festus and Oliver, can use their Mega Evolutions. They're top-tier material for a reason, right? However, if one of them enters a tournament, they cannot attend the others.

- Furthermore, if a Redemption League leader wins a tournament, the prize goes into the prize pot! This prize pot gets carried over to the next tournament! What's in the prize pot, you ask? Let's keep that a secret for now, shall we?

The first tournament will be a Redemption League Singles tournament, this Sunday! Polish up your skills and get ready to battle, because we're gonna have a blast this weekend!

Theme tournaments within a league? That's quite an impressive feat! Certainly stands out, too. If I'm being honest, I don't think we've ever had something like that in Reborn... Not even from the Reborn League itself. I'll be sure to expect more surprises in the future.

I can see myself, first round going up against B.6 Leaders, because luck loves me in tourney match ups OTL. Hopefully my usual hax shines through and I do well though~

I would say the first tournament was a success, but because of the issues we've had with the tournament actually making progress and having to manually create brackets into a whole different thing, I kinda feel like this wasn't the greatest beginning to the first-of-three tournament sessions we've had so far.

However, Swimming95 did come out on top and took away the first secret prize, meaning that the Rupee prize goes into the prize pot!

Up for grabs in the next Theme Tournament will be:

- 1000 Rupees + next tournament's prize(s)!

Hopefully, we can have the tournament thing fixed by upcoming weekend, otherwise we might have to just do the entire tournament through Challonge (like I had to quickly figure out how to make it work last Sunday). >>;

Apologies for that dreadful holdup on Sunday once again.

• 2 weeks later...