We want YOU- To read this carefully. [CLOSED]

DashingStorm

Gather round, gather round, I actually have some rather exciting news for everyone!
We're like, close to being ready (yes, I know I keep saying this, but I mean it this time), but to not put a giant bundle of stress on all of our leaders, we've decided to take on two of the people from the community to assist us.
Do you think you have what it takes to hold a position in the Redemption League? Do you not crack under pressure? Do you think you can stand up to some of Reborn's finest battlers in fierce competition? Then try your hand at trying to secure a spot in the Redemption League!
We're currently looking for a maximum of two competitors who think they can handle being a top-notch battler, given certain circumstances. If you think you're suited for the job, feel free to toss me a PM with your Showdown name and which of the following types you think you can create a Monotype-team for that will get you through a short trial period: Grass, Fairy and Ice.
So keeping things simple for those who don't read: You choose either Grass, Fairy or Ice as your type and create a team with one of these types, in monotype format, without a Mega Evolution or legendary Pokémon.
If you don't think your battling standards are worthwhile, don't bother shooting me with a PM. This is serious business and I do not want to waste my time with people who hesitate and think they don't have what it takes.
Now, there are some very strict rules I must enforce here, because again- We don't play games at Redemption HQ.
If you're trying for one of these positions, you must abide by these rules at all times:
- Your team must be according to Redemption League standards, this means no legendary Pokémon, no Mega Evolution for these leaders specifically and only 3 of the same item per team allowed.
- We expect you to meet a certain requirement when you try out. By requirement, I mean that you will face off against 7 different teams, used by members of the Redemption League team (not the leaders, but the actual staff themselves) and you are required to achieve one of the following: 5 wins or 36 KO's scored, spread across all 7 battles.
- I have to express this once more because people might not read everything I type out; You are not allowed to use a Mega Evolution or legendary Pokémon.
For a full ban list & additional rules you have to uphold, open this spoiler tag:

BANLIST:

Generation 1:

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew

Generation 2:

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi

Generation 3:

Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys

Generation 4:

Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Heatran, Cresselia, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Regigigas, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

Generation 5:

Victini, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Tornadus/Landorus/Thundurus and their Therian formes, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

Generation 6:

Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion

Additional rules:

Speed Boost Blaziken is banned from use.

The following battle clauses will be in effect for Gym Leader/Champion battles:
Freeze Clause, Battle Timeout, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Swagger Clause.
To clarify these rules and clauses;
Freeze Clause - Only 1 Pokémon per team can be Frozen.
Battle Timeout - Battle Timeout has to be on at the start of the battle and may not be turned off. Stalling out the timer repeatedly will lead to you getting disqualified for that battle.
Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be asleep per team, however when a Pokémon uses Rest, it does not add up to the one Pokémon limit.
Species Clause - You are only allowed to have one Pokémon of the same species in your team. So you’re not allowed to have Eviolite Doublade and Aegislash on the same team, for instance.
Swagger Clause - Using the move Swagger is not allowed and when team registration takes place, we will notify whoever is trying to register Swagger on a Pokémon that this is not allowed.
Evasion Clause - Moves that boost Evasion, like Double Team or Minimize are banned from usage.

To limit, but not have items be abused, you can have up to 3 of the same item on a Pokémon, meaning 3 Pokémon with Leftovers is a viable option. However, the use of Gems is prohibited. (Even though the Normal Gem is viable and legal, we’ve decided to ban every single Gem instead of allowing just one.)

EV spreads and Items can be changed, as long as the maximum restriction of 3-of-the-same item rule is followed.

Abiding Smogon rules, we have also decided to limit the use of Baton Pass to 1 Pokémon.
This also means that the following Pokémon are not allowed to have a combination of Baton Pass & Swords Dance & Speed Boost: Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Ninjask, Scolipede. Agility & Swords Dance however, is allowed.

- Everyone is free to apply through me by sending me a PM with the position they will try out for. But be warned, we will select a handful of people who can actually proceed with this. In fact, we will only allow ten people to participate in this. It's not a "first come, first go" thing, we will go through every single applicant and discuss accordingly.
Oh and one more thing before I end this off- Your team should be prepared for anything. From weather teams, to stall teams or even hyper offense. Feel free to create a team in whatever battle style you wish, be it singles, doubles or triples.
You guys, gals and non-binaries have until 2 PM next week Saturday (the 31st) to send me your applications abiding the rules and explanation I have given in this thread.
I wish you all good luck if you're competing, and I'll be seeing you on the battlefield!
PS: Oh wait, one last thing.. We're keeping track of the scores and whatnot, if there happens to be an exact tie between people, they will fight head-on against eachother.
I.. Forgot to mention something really important; You have to use the leaders' ace Pokémon in your respective teams when trying out for them!
For Grass, you have to use Serperior on your team.
For Fairy, you have to use Sylveon on your team.
For Ice, you have to use Aurorus on your team.
Okay that's really it, cya!

If you don't think your battling standards are worthwhile, don't bother shooting me with a PM.

Not sure if low self confidence or just genuinely garbage...

x.x

nah juu im pretty sure it means that they dont want pm's from people mith a competitive skill similar to me...

he did say serious offers, so if you think that your serious, unlike me, go for it :P

good luck to all the applicants :/

So, I have made a mono-Ice team which, with some adjustments, could really work despite the multiple restrictions, and I am quite confident in my abilities. However, I must ask: for how long is this whole thing going to last? Because starting the last week of november, my university schedule will get MUCH worse than it already is, so if I would be required to guarantee a specific degree of activity throughout the winter, then it's better if I sit out...

So, I have made a mono-Ice team which, with some adjustments, could really work despite the multiple restrictions, and I am quite confident in my abilities. However, I must ask: for how long is this whole thing going to last? Because starting the last week of november, my university schedule will get MUCH worse than it already is, so if I would be required to guarantee a specific degree of activity throughout the winter, then it's better if I sit out...

By "whole thing", you mean the League by itself? League pretty much only runs during weekend periods and season 1 will probably last for a few months, I can't really give specific numbers, considering we currently have no set time, we want to give people enough time, so I think at least half a year would be very doable.

But yes, you are required to be available during the weekends.

it would be fun to try my mono team *huehuehue*

Given the restrictions and limitations, feel free to try out.

Full Fire type team or Fire/Grass team or mostly Fire type team but the thing is that I'm a casual player

Did you even read what I posted?

I quote: "This is serious business and I do not want to waste my time with people who hesitate and think they don't have what it takes." This means I will not even look at comments like yours, who have obviously not read the entire thing.

- We don't have positions for the Fire-type leader available.

- There is no such thing as a combination in Fire/Grass, you're bound to a monotype.

- I do not accept casual players whatsoever.

PM's are slowly flowing in, so once again, if you think you can handle this as professional battler, feel free to PM me, be it on here or on the server.

Good luck to anyone going for mono-ice!

Mono-ice is already horrible in monotype, removing megas and legendaries kills it completely

I can't wait to see the teams that make it through, the entire league looks brutal as hell

Statements like this pretty much chuck you out of qualifying for a monotype. I have a practice grass monotype I used to test a couple redemption teams and most of the Pokemon aren't even in OU (a couple are...but they fit what I needed best). Yet, it's able to take on some of the big threats with ease. The other big assumption is that it's horrible in singles and I agree it can be, but did you forget doubles and triples was a thing? A skilled player can use a monotype to take on even some fearsome challenges.

And yeah, I probably couldn't meet the time requirements as most of my weekends are booked by something. Wish those participants luck though and may the best man win.

Did you even read what I posted?

I quote: "This is serious business and I do not want to waste my time with people who hesitate and think they don't have what it takes." This means I will not even look at comments like yours, who have obviously not read the entire thing.

...B-but... You quoted it. You totally looked at it...

If Poison or Steel were still available, I'd definitely hazard a shot at this. As it is, I may still give Grass or Ice a try, though I'll have to mess around with some teambuilding first. Best of luck to all who try!

Statements like this pretty much chuck you out of qualifying for a monotype. I have a practice grass monotype I used to test a couple redemption teams and most of the Pokemon aren't even in OU (a couple are...but they fit what I needed best). Yet, it's able to take on some of the big threats with ease. The other big assumption is that it's horrible in singles and I agree it can be, but did you forget doubles and triples was a thing? A skilled player can use a monotype to take on even some fearsome challenges.

And yeah, I probably couldn't meet the time requirements as most of my weekends are booked by something. Wish those participants luck though and may the best man win.

Apologies if you took it the wrong way, I didn't mean anything negative by it

Monotype viability is incredibly different to standard though, I have no clue as to why you're bringing it up. You're in a tier where stuff like Torkoal is on a higher viability rank than stuff like Chandy

I'm speaking from experience. Ice is genuinely a bad type, it has very little usable pokemon going for it, and it ends up being incredibly difficult to build a team that doesn't get invalidated by a single mon. That's why I'm curious as to who'll make it through, they'll have an incredibly robust team and crazy skills.

Addressing the part about it in doubles/triples, the only reason you'll use mono-ice in that format is if you had M-Abomasnow with TR support. Otherwise the lack of support mons and rock slide/fake out spam makes it difficult to pull off better than singles

I'm speaking from experience. Ice is genuinely a bad type, it has very little usable pokemon going for it, and it ends up being incredibly difficult to build a team that doesn't get invalidated by a single mon. That's why I'm curious as to who'll make it through, they'll have an incredibly robust team and crazy skills.

Ice is a terrible type by itself, but most have secondary types that back it up very nicely.

Shell Smash Skill Link Cloyster is a more powerful Cinccino. More damage even though it has less varied moves the damage boost goes a long way.

Thick Fat Mamo can tank fire, is surprisingly fast and has Ice Shard priority.

Snow Warning Aurorus resists fire too and can use Freeze-Dry, a move that I know can sweep unprepared teams.

Froslass is immune to Fake Outs, can destiny bond and thunderbolt too which gives her good coverage.

Weavile. No more words necessary

Walrein is a great tank and Ice Body + Leftovers makes him live forever. He can also encore and Yawn, making him a decent support too.

Apologies if you took it the wrong way, I didn't mean anything negative by it

Monotype viability is incredibly different to standard though, I have no clue as to why you're bringing it up. You're in a tier where stuff like Torkoal is on a higher viability rank than stuff like Chandy

Addressing the part about it in doubles/triples, the only reason you'll use mono-ice in that format is if you had M-Abomasnow with TR support. Otherwise the lack of support mons and rock slide/fake out spam makes it difficult to pull off better than singles

You have a good point in ice being a challenging type to build around.... but isn't that half the fun ?

Sure ice has a horrible defensive typing but in return it has one of the best offensive typing coverage.

No, ice is garbage because I can't make a good ice team x.x

(it's a wip..) ice just isn't great for stupid smogon meta x.x it can't kill things like scizor and ferrothorn, it's great vs garchomp (but only if you're faster) and destroys gliscors too, and salamence. I think it's a lot less valuable now that its dragon-slaying capabilities are outclassed by fairies.. But what do I know? I'm no expert.

Okay, I dun goof'd and forgot to actually mention that you have to use the leaders' ace Pokémon on your team whenever you try out! Q__Q

Read below real quick to see what has to be on your team:

Grass-leader needs a 497.png

Fairy-leader needs a 700.png

Ice-leader needs a 699.png

I'm so sorry for those who didn't know! I'll extend the application date by another day so you all have another day to prepare!