On my way to get the Stength HM

Marcello

• Developers

So, I'm off to get the HM but I've decided that the Noibat that I've had on my team is pretty much Dead Weight. When I can reliably evolve it to Noivern, it'll surely get it's spot back (Perfect Sp.Atk IV and Near-Perfect Speed IV's make it pretty awesome), but Noibat just isn't good enough to hold out until then as a full member of my team. So I'm min need of a 6th member, and you guys probably know a lot more about what'd work than me, so here's my current team:

Pachirisu [Pickup]

-Electro Ball

-Spark

-Cut

-T-Wave

Greninja [Protean]

-Water Shuriken

-Night Slash

-Smack Down

-Rock Smash

Clefairy [Friend Guard]

-Wake-Up Slap

-Magical Leaf

-Shadow Ball

-Minimize

Gothitelle [shadow Tag]

-Psychic

-Shadow Ball

-Charge Beam

-Fake Tears

Ninetales [Drought]

-Hex

-Flamethrower

-Will-O-Wisp

-Extrasensory

Anyway, I have two boxes full of pokemon I could use, and the items to evolve most of those who need it. Some of my higher level pokemon include a Magneton, a Graveller, a Pyroar, & a Pumpkaboo. But I've tried to get most of what's available up to this point, so if you suggest anything, I should hopefully have it, or at least be able to get it. Hope you guys can help me out! Really loving how unforgiving the game can be, which is why I'm having such a hard time picking a Sixth Member.

I'm not sure at which point you are exactly, but I'd say get a Yamask from Shade's Gym. If you want to wait a bit until you reach the Wasteland, get a male Spiritomb, get it to level 37 for Nasty Plot/43 for Memento, and breed it with a female Yamask to get a Yamask with that/those move/moves.

Edited by Etesian

My personal recommendation is that you need a strong physical attacker. Badly.

You have a minor ground weakness running at the moment with no real checks outside of Greninja, who's too frail to switch in on their attacks reliably. I'd go for a physical flying type of some sort to replace the one you're taking out.

Depending on where you are in the game the best ones are Crobat, Archeops, Braviary, and Hawlucha. Those last two are really late game options though.

As for the best of those four? Archeops, hands down.

Edited by Sheep

• Developers

For exactly where I am, Amaria just gave me to keys to her boat.

The only things I got from Shade's gym were a Duskull & (Shiny) Magnemite, I cold certainly go back and look for a Yamask, though.

And yeah, my Greninja is a physical one, but otherwise I am lacking there (Because while I SUPPOSE Pachi is a mixed attacker, she's more of a tanky/paralysis thing than anything else.)

I was considering Scraggy or Pancham, but they obviiously don't fly. I hadn't even considered, the Ground Weakness, to be honest.

By the way, while I've mentioned Pachi, I was under the impression that Gen VI learnsets were in place. Is that not the case? My Pachirisu can't learn Nuzzle from the relearner, despite it being in the moveset.

Edited by Mumpelfink

Scraggy and Pancham are both fine. Good flying types at that point in the game practically don't exist. Scraggy's probably the better of the two.

Also, gen 6 movesets have definitely been implemented but a few moves have been missed out of the move relearner's list by accident. If you could drop by the bug reporting section and make a topic to let them know that'd be awesome.

• Developers

How much better would you reckon Scraggy is than Pancham? Because my Pancham's IV's are a fair bit better, and the earlier evolution will help with training.

Man, I've never had this much trouble picking a Team Member in Pokemon before, Reborn really doesn't pull punches. Any other game and I would've kept Noibat, because I know he'll be an awesome Noivern, and it's okay to have a little dead weight, usually.

Well the thing is that Scraggy gets high jump kick whereas Pancham's fighting type half isn't great. Seeing as you already have a dark type, obviously the main reason you'd want to use either is for that fighting type stab.

I wouldn't consider Pancham at all. I would personally go for a Makuhita. Its a very bulky Pokemon plus it evolves early too. On top of that, it wouldn't pose a problem against Kiki unlike Pancham and Scraggy, who would both struggle at that gym. I would choose either Makuhita or Scraggy. The only problem choosing Makuhita is that he would be slightly lower in level when you obtain him.

As for Noibat, you can dump him in the box if you would like, but what I did when I was about to face Kiki was to grind and level him up to lvl 48 and evolve him, then go back to the move tutor to learn some pretty great moves. Then use some common candies to lower Noivern's level back down below 45.

And for Greninja, you should keep him as a physical attacker until you get to 7th street, then I would switch him to special. His movepool is way better oriented for special attacks.

Also, get Clefairy to lvl 46 so it can learn Moonblast, then evolve it and use common candies