Rustytengo's Role Playing Journal.

rustytengo

Okay this is something I have been wanting to do for awhile so I am finally doing it. Its basically just going to be me summarizing my RP groups adventure(mainly DnD) every Wednesday or any other day I play one. (if this needs to go to some other part in the form then feel free to move this.)

Wednesday July, 23, 2014

so for the last like 8 weeks has been doing the Dead in They DnD encounters adventure which basically consist of traveling trough a Red Wizard base/dungeon call the Doomvault which is basically designed to kill you(its based off the older settings modules that where meant to kill you like the Tomb of Horrors and The Ruins of Undermountain) well my first character i made for it didn't really die for he just got trapped in the Elemental Plane of Fire with to other characters(on the first session no less). My next character made it through the rest of it though.

What your goal for this is to disrupt a bunch of things called black gates throughout the dungeon. To get to the vault of phylactery's(aka the things that keep lichs "alive"). well we manged to do that(its a big dungeon do if its only one group doing this then NPC's a traveling in the Doomvault closeing gates as well.) So the last encounter/part of it was today.

The phylactery vault was guarded by a aspect of Kaz'ard Ghoul which was a floating jeweled skull (he is basically like a demi lich in the lore of things this was only a aspect of him though) and gargoyles(only if you open the doors containing the phylacterys) so we actually beat the lich but well after our fighter got his soul ripped out of him and me the light armor tank(warden was my characters class a lot if HP but low ac) spent half of the battle blinded( i would save then get blinded again i literally rolled ones on resisting that effect every time except one so that was four ones) the sorcerer/barbarian told me to smash the gems and well every thing about the skull actually smashing the right gem to get the fighter back his soul.

The only gem i did not smash(cause I only had four good roles that where not saves the rest was crap, except when i was blinded but i still could not hit anything cause well blinded) was stolen not by a rouge but by the dwarf cleric and well that caused the lich to get revived because so we had to fight him again and we did kill the lich(much faster this time) because we where mad. and almost killed the cleric as well but after smashing every thing this time the dungeon started to collapse so the dwarf was lucky that our life's where worth more to us then to killing him. Though his punishment is he is on an elven diet until we decides he has suffered enough.

But even through all that is was a lot of fun still the Doomvault almost killed use a couple times but for the most part we did quite well. The main strategy was for me to get the attention of every thing and take the hits well everyone else did all the damage because I can't roll(unless it was zombies those i liked to kill because they have low AC that all i need is a 2 for those.) The worst encounter was the wraith room it almost killed us all. other then that most things we could handle. Though I hear the one session I was not able to get to because I was camping was bad to they had to fight some troll in that one.

Well for the next session the group will probably be doing either random dungeon crawls or the adventure in the starter kit for DnD next( this one seems like its what we will do) The DnD next one has per-generated characters for us to use so i decided to take the elf(high-elf to be exact....joy :( ) wizard and the person playing the dwarf cleric will play the dwarf cleric again cause that's the only thing we trust him to play cause he will heal us. and the barbarian/sorcerer is going to play the halfling rouge and the fighter will be a fighter.

so tell next time.

Wednesday, July, 30

Well there is not much of anything of interest done to day. My group just did a dungeon crawl today and we fought even more undead (not like we haven't fought enough of those). Though that was only because one of the books I have is full of awesome undead to use.

So the combat was not that hard since we got to ether level up the character i was using to ten or make a new one. I just leveled up my goliath warden i have been using and it was awesome i manage to go from 20 ac to 27 ace because wardens are awesome for that and my health was over 100 so most things did not hit me and what did was using necrotic damage which my characters armor had resistance to that kind of damage so i took even to less damage. So well it was not exciting but next week we will be actually starting a new adventure(the starter set adventure) and some of use will also be starting a Dragon Age campaign on Tuesday so that should be fun.

Well tell next time which will have two updates next week.

So because i feel like only updating this once a week i will be putting both Tuesday and Wednesday in one post so prepare for a wall of text with a lot of bad grammar and spelling.

Oh and y'all can post hear if you what to feel free(it would make me feel a bit better when i do this)

Tuesday August, 05 Dragon Age RPG first session

So this is the first time any of the group had played this RPG well lets just say it was interesting.

The group consisted of four people including the GM the characters played where a Dalish Elf rouge, a Human(Ferldin) Apostate Mage and me playing a Highborn Dwarf Warrior named Rusty.

The first part of the session our group (me and the elf knew each other before hand well we had just joined with the mage cause we needed a mage to helps us we decided) was hired by the local Arl(who was a bit of a dick) of the area we where in to go meet a caravan that was bringing his children back form Deneirn(yeah that's spelt wrong sorry about that) we where join at that time a by i would guess his mage adviser (who on first meeting us dropped a sovereign{aka gold pice} that the elf took).

On our way to meet the caravan(wagon) we where ambushed by darkspawn(genlocks or however that's spelt the small ones) at a place where a bridge was cut down well lets say they almost kill use because the GM was rolling wrong(and us rolling bad) and i spent most of the battle hanging a off the cliff(because the GM was telling me to roll the wrong thing to climb back up{he was telling me to roll dex but I was suppose to roll str which i would of been back up after the first roll doing that}) but we managed to survive that encounter. Which then lead to us to finding away across the gap where the bridge was suppose to be. Our first idea was to try to shoot an arrow with rope tied to it and cross like that. It did not work. The second was doing something Rusty was good at making a makeshift bridge from a felled tree(Rusty is good at engineering and smiting so he could basically build anything and put it together) that worked we even ran some rope across so the mage(who is crippled beacuse he has a -1 to both dex and str).

So after that we took a short break at a clearing where the elf went and tried to hunt something(he did not find anything) Well he was a away the mage adviser that was sent with us was telling me that it was to dangerous and that if we kidnapped the children and held them for ransom that we could make more a lot more mone. Well i just dismissed it in typical dwarven fashion not ingoring her and say he wasn't afraid of darkspawn. After the rest we continued forward well we where traveling through the forest at a darker time we where set upon by a giant owl infected with the taint which we could only hit with ranged(good thing i have trowing spears) which we killed rather easily.

Upon reaching the place ware we where suppose to meet the childrens wagon. We find it knocked over with the 6 horses dead and bodies of darkspawn and a few solders. looking around the elf found a lock box which he did not have the time to pick the lock to before we heard a scream so i grabbed the lock box and put it in my back pack(it was a small on) and we headed off the scream. Reaching near the place of the scream we find the children and two knights being set upon by darkspawn and blight wolves. to reach them we had to make our way either around a trench or something like that(it was like a deep dip between hills with tough terrain in it) or just go through it. Because it would take to long to go around most of us decided to go through it(not the elf he was playing sniper very well through this battle) our mage tried to go through it first but failed (not a surprise there it was either a dex or str roll) so he took so damage and could not get through it right away. Me on the other hand just basically charged through it and made it to a place where i could attack from before the darkspawn got to close. Well the fight went pretty quick since the leader for the darkspawn fell before making it to close and the other died fast( the NPCS where doing well in the fight so that helped a bit all of us did really good too) This is also where i found my favorite strategy...charging(it gave me a +1 to attacks). After the fit one of the night said it was to dangerous to go back and wanted to "take" the children back to the city. Me knowing that the adviser mage already wanted to hold the kids for ransom insisted that we take them back the there dad like we where suppose to. So we got back to wagon well our group was fixing the wagon the knight and adviser mage attacked us getting a sneak attack on me and our mage(it hurt but it was not that bad for either of us) which just pissed of my dwarf i guess because I charged the knight(after managing to convince the none bad knight) and knocked him prone and pushed him away. well the elf just started sniping him(though the evil mage killed the elf's dog {not mabarie just a dog} in this fight which) so he wasted his turn standing up and since he was using a crossbow he could not shoot me so he had to switch to his melee weapon.(well the mages fought each other). So i just charged him again not doing anything fun this time though I really hurt him the good knight then knocked him out so he could face a trial. Which left the mage who promptly gave up after i charged her.

So after that we headed back to the place we where hired and got some praise and money which was not that much(like i said that Arl was a dick) So we rested at a tavern for a bit the elf finally got the lock box open which had 80 sliver pieces which we spelt between me and him the mage didn't get any because he needs pull more of his own weight in fighting before he can get the spoils of victory we decided(only because he maybe hit three/four time out of all of those fights and he did not take heal only life drain, weakness and vulnerability hex so)

(will finish updating sometime later bed now.)