Preparing for Radomus.

Shadowbolt192

I seen videos on him. His team is a threat. Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Sandslash are useless for the gym battle. My only useful ones are Manectric, Rapidash to take care of Metagross, and my final member Sharpedo. Umbreon is out of the picture because I'm not going to the place known as Chrysolia Forest or also known as hell to me just to get a Eevee. Never going though that place ever again!

Will this be a good temporary backup team? Gyarodos, Scrafty, Yanmega(Once I find a Yanma), Manectric, Rapidash, and Sharpedo. Is it good enough? Or does the gym leader have Fairy moves on him? And I have to train my backup Pokemon like crazy. Magikarp is level 1... I just got Scaggy and have to train it.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

The Chrysolia Forest puzzle is gone as soon as you defeat PULSE Abra, I think. But it's definitely gone sometime after Noel.

That aside, I doubt those videos were up to date, so let me offer some (hopefully helpful) advice:

First, all of his Psychic attacks and Strength have Rock-typing (because psychically flinging chess pieces from the field), so Rapidash is going to get destroyed real quick. Yanmega is, too, although that at least has STAB Bug attacks to deal some damage, and you're gonna want Bug moves for a couple of his Pokemon.

Second of all, he runs Trick Room, so if you let him get it set up, you're gonna have a bad day. His Reuniclus and Slowking are the only things of his I've seen use it, and he opens with the former. Meaning, take it out and take it out fast.

And finally, yes, he has Fairy moves. Actually, his signature is Fairy-type, so... yeah. I'd bring a Steel or a Poison-type to handle her, since she's not easy to take down otherwise, 'specially with the level advantage.

People have said he's easy now though, so... idek.

Why did you hashtag Radomus this isn't Tumblr #much confuse #very reborn #wow

Mmhm, no more hell puzzle

Good to know. Now I can hunt down the Eevee after I get Beldum and Mudkip.

First, all of his Psychic attacks and Strength have Rock-typing (because psychically flinging chess pieces from the field), so Rapidash is going to get destroyed real quick. Yanmega is, too, although that at least has STAB Bug attacks to deal some damage, and you're gonna want Bug moves for a couple of his Pokemon.

Well... Dang. I'm getting Yanmega Bug Buzz once I find a heart scale. And Rapidash is there just for Metagross.

Second of all, he runs Trick Room, so if you let him get it set up, you're gonna have a bad day. His Reuniclus and Slowking are the only things of his I've seen use it, and he opens with the former. Meaning, take it out and take it out fast.

Now I regret getting rid of Taunt on my bird Pokemon for Facade...

And finally, yes, he has Fairy moves. Actually, his signature is Fairy-type, so... yeah. I'd bring a Steel or a Poison-type to handle her, since she's not easy to take down otherwise, 'specially with the level advantage.

I'm not surprised. I might as well catch a Aron now. And Manectric can use Thunder Wave on Gardevoir. If he can outspeed or Gardevoir does a stupid move.

People have said he's easy now though, so... idek.

Not to me. I beat most of the gym leaders out of pure luck. I beat Shade, Aya, Serra with pure luck. I was scared of Serra the most because of the forest getting to the town... The pokemon outside the town didn't appear once and I was scared that I had to do the whole damn puzzle again.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

I'm stuck on Radomus, and I have been for a while. The best piece of advice, was given to me by B. Guardian on the server, he helps out with the game, when I had tried like a thousand times to beat Radomus. All he said was find the Escavalier (the Bug/Steel knight looking Pokemon), as it helps alot. STAB Bug moves with ridiculous attack. I haven't found it yet but I'm sure you can if you can dig deep enough and find it.

Have a Lairon or Aggron if you can to handle that Fairy threat as well, since they use Fairy moves, in particular Gardevoir.

That's all I can say.

Good luck.

Have a Lairon or Aggron if you can to handle that Fairy threat as well, since they use Fairy moves, in particular Gardevoir.

It can. Just hopefully Aggron can take a fairy move well...

I'm stuck on Radomus, and I have been for a while. The best piece of advice, was given to me by B. Guardian on the server, he helps out with the game, when I had tried like a thousand times to beat Radomus. All he said was find the Escavalier (the Bug/Steel knight looking Pokemon), as it helps alot. STAB Bug moves with ridiculous attack. I haven't found it yet but I'm sure you can if you can dig deep enough and find it.

Escavalier is good after all.

Well... Dang. I'm getting Yanmega Bug Buzz once I find a heart scale. And Rapidash is there just for Metagross.

I mentioned Strength? Metagross is what has it, so watch out for that. The AI could be super dumb and it could use Meteor Mash if you don't quite one-shot it though so

Now I regret getting rid of Taunt on my bird Pokemon for Facade...

You probably don't want to waste a turn on Reuniclus to use Taunt with a Flying-type, since it can just casually nail you with Psychic after that, and leave you down one Pokemon. So it's no real problem~

I'm not surprised. I might as well catch a Aron now. And Manectric can use Thunder Wave on Gardevoir. If he can outspeed or Gardevoir does a stupid move.

Gardevoir is quicker than his other stuff but isn't very fast so she can work with Trick Room too, I'm guessing. Manectric can pretty easily outpace her outside of it, since it's quick. Aggron will pretty much demolish her, so that's a good choice.

Not to me. I beat most of the gym leaders out of pure luck. I beat Shade, Aya, Serra with pure luck. I was scared of Serra the most because of the forest getting to the town... The pokemon outside the town didn't appear once and I was scared that I had to do the whole damn puzzle again.

Nah, no Gym Leader in Reborn is easy, least of all for me. I know this feeling. And luck is, basically, what you're going to be depending on quite a bit.

Also yeah, fuck Chrysolia Forest. That puzzle is pure, pure evil. It's much worse than the Route 2 puzzle, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Nah, no Gym Leader in Reborn is easy, least of all for me. I know this feeling. And luck is, basically, what you're going to be depending on quite a bit.

Also yeah, fuck Chrysolia Forest. That puzzle is pure, pure evil. It's much worse than the Route 2 puzzle, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Florinia was a complete joke because of Kricktune. Julia was easy with Combusken. Shelly was easy with Combusken, Manectric, and Ponyta. Kiki was too easy because of Gardevoir taking out 4 of her Pokemon. I had to use a common candy on Gardevoir two times before facing her. Cal was easy. Noel was pure luck because of Rapidash. I still hate the puzzle.

I mentioned Strength? Metagross is what has it, so watch out for that. The AI could be super dumb and it could use Meteor Mash if you don't quite one-shot it though so

I'm ready for the Metagross. Rapidash can ko it. It's 56 and I'm going to level up Rapidash to level 58 before the gym battle.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

I went to face him with Blaziken (obliviously didn't use it), Flygon (killed his Metagross with Earthquake), Gyarados (killed 3 of his Pokemon with Dragon Dance and Bite), Zoroark (killed the remaining 2 of his Pokemon), Gardevoir (didn't use it) and Noivern (didn't use it) so he is pretty easy (compared to Serra at least, she was a nightmare) i restarted only 1 time (because Gyarados missed the Aqua Tail on Gardevoir).

• Support Squad

If you have trouble with G.G, hatch a cacnea, evolve it to cacturne, grab d Bond and maybe a quick claw. For some reason when i used it Radomus ignored it, let me get a D Bond up, and then moonblasted it :P Daft AI be Daft.

Gardevoir is actually pretty good in this battle. Teach it shadow ball, moonblast, and calm mind. He leads with exeggutor and reuniclis, which cant touch gardevoir once you start setting up. The field effect doubles the power of calm mind, so you get +6 in three turns. After that, the only one you have to be careful about is the metagross.

Sigh .. Winter, mate, I gave you a lot more information than that but it looks like you've forgotten again... here's another reminder for you why Escavalier is one of the ideal Pokemon to use against Radomus.

1) Enormous 135 base Attack means that at that level it can one shot almost every Pokemon it can hit super effectively with some investment or a Swords Dance boost (which it learns naturally!)

2) STAB Bug moves hit 5/6 of his Pokemon super effectively. (X-Scissor or Megahorn are your best options but the latter needs breeding and a Link Stone)

NOTE: 2 of those are 4x SE hits!

3) STAB Steel moves mean you have 2 super effective options against his ace, Gardevoir.

4) If you're willing to invest in breeding a little bit, you can get a Dark coverage move in Knock Off which is a super effective move against his only Pokemon that resists your Bug type STAB.

NOTE: This means you have an SE move to hit every Pokemon on his team.

5) Finally (but actually the most important point) Escavalier has a base Speed of 20, which makes it slower than every Pokemon on Radomus's team.. which means that Escavalier is a better user of Trick Room than Radomus's entire Trick Room team!

If you've still forgotten where to get it, let me remind you:

1) In Spinel Town, there is a certain ... "bug maniac", let's say. He is willing to trade you Shelmet for Karrablast and vice versa, allowing you to get an Escavalier by trading him a Shelmet.

1a) If memory serves, Shelmet can be found on Azurine Island, so grab one there and trade it away in Spinel Town.

2) If you're looking to breed one and use a Link Stone to evolve it (Megahorn and Knock Off are available this way, but not both) then you'll need to get a Karrablast and those can be found in Tanzan Cove and Chrysolia Forest iirc.

So there you have it. The cavalry is here.

5) Finally (but actually the most important point) Escavalier has a base Speed of 20, which makes it slower than every Pokemon on Radomus's team.. which means that Escavalier is a better user of Trick Room than Radomus's entire Trick Room team!

I might let Radomus set up Trick Room then. It will be useful to Escavalier and he can kill his own team with my level 58 Escavalier. His nature is Relaxed as well.

I went to face him with Blaziken (obliviously didn't use it), Flygon (killed his Metagross with Earthquake), Gyarados (killed 3 of his Pokemon with Dragon Dance and Bite), Zoroark (killed the remaining 2 of his Pokemon), Gardevoir (didn't use it) and Noivern (didn't use it) so he is pretty easy (compared to Serra at least, she was a nightmare) i restarted only 1 time (because Gyarados missed the Aqua Tail on Gardevoir).

He can be easy with certain sets. The Gyarados really helped you out then.

If you have trouble with G.G, hatch a cacnea, evolve it to cacturne, grab d Bond and maybe a quick claw. For some reason when i used it Radomus ignored it, let me get a D Bond up, and then moonblasted it :P Daft AI be Daft.

The A.I can be very stupid at times. If the A.I was smart, Gardevoir would not of attacked your Cacturne and just stall out Destiny Bond on your Cacturne and then kill Cacturne with Moonblast.

Gardevoir is actually pretty good in this battle. Teach it shadow ball, moonblast, and calm mind. He leads with exeggutor and reuniclis, which cant touch gardevoir once you start setting up. The field effect doubles the power of calm mind, so you get +6 in three turns. After that, the only one you have to be careful about is the metagross.

Good to know. I could try that.

Edited by Shadowbolt192