Just watched a new anime yesterday

Greed_Demon

So I just completed a new anime yesterday. I normally don't watch that much anime and im very picky about what I watch in general. I stumbled on this anime a long time ago when people were talking about it but I blew it off because I got the impression that it was nothing other than a mindless fan service filled show for the sake of it, with bland cardboard cutout characters, and a weak story that is a dime a dozen in anime. But for some reason the curiosity grew and grew on me like a tumor for months on end to the point were I had to watch the shit. And that anime is none other than Kill La Kill. It was surprisingly good, and the characters were very endearing for the most part. The story was average but the execution was good and made up for it. I watched all 24 episodes of this balls to the wall insanity and fan service on the side in one day and it by the end I was all light headed and my head felt like it was spinning a little(possibly it was my brain shrinking from watching all of that insanity in one day). Even though this anime was technically just a summer action movie for me it was effective and entertaining and all I know is that this anime will have a special place in my heart. This marks my second anime I watched in 2014( I usually average 3 or 4 a year). I wonder what will be my next one? Also have any of you passed up an anime at first but then came back to watch the thing and end up liking it?

I passed up Death Note.. My friends were over hyping it (like usual) but after watching one episode i got hooked onto it.. Its got good characters, a pretty interesting story and overall it is worth watching..

• Support Squad

I passed on Angel beats after watching the first half of the 1st episode, discarded it as just too kinda random (bear in mind i was like 13)

Then i returned to watch it recently and, ah, I bawled my eyes out.

I forget to watch anime's suggested to me by good friends, however at first I passed up Attack on Titan, watched the first episode & it actually freaked me out.....alot. To the point that I didn't want to finish it, but being a huge anime fan I sucked it up & watched episode 2.....then 3.......then 4.......then eventually the rest of it. lol.

^Guess I'll have to give another try to Attack on Titan, my reaction to the first ep. was exactly the same.

Kill la Kill was a big surprise to me. It didn't seem at all like a good anime (my opinion) in the first half of the first episode but then... When you get used to the insanity, it's really fun to watch. Besides, some scenes are among the most hilarious I ever saw in animes. ^_^

My recent emergence as a real anime fan started after graduating high school. It's what happens when one has so much time on their hands haha. Watched quite a list of anime so I probably won't list em all.

I liked all those, though i haven't watched Angle Beast yet? But I suggest Blue Exorcist or Gurren Laggan. also Code Geass and Vampire Knight( if your into all that vampire stuff like i am XD )

Be prepared for them FEELS in Angel Beats. And so you like vampires huh? Might I suggest to you: Hellsing Ultimate (the 10-episode OVA's), full of all your violent, gorey and the not-so-romantic side of vampires.

Madoka Magica - At first I was like meh, this is going to be another boring childish anime where a girl gets a magical power and has to fight the evil guys, so at that time I didn't even consider watching it. I was later told by friends that it was actually really good and that I'd like it. I found that weird, 'cause they know I'm really picky and that I mainly like mystery/action/gore animes. Somehow, I ended up watching the whole thing (12 episodes and a movie) and I liked it a lot. Turns out it was a very dark anime, something I didn't expect at all, and the fact that most of the characters look really cute and girly just made the shock even bigger. Also,

FKzzpnO.png

THIS THING.

THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

IT LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE ESPURR IN SO MANY WAYS

js

Edited by MMM