flying monotype

RebornRanger

im doing a flying monotype challenge and am taking any suggestions for later in the game or now. im around the 2nd gym right now but i will have no truble with it.

my current team is:

charmeleon

Gyarados

Butterfree(switching for yanmega?)

any suggestions are welcome

You have Gyarados

All suggestions are wasted on you.

Okay no in all seriousness, you're going to want counters to the types that Flying is weak against. You've got Rock and Ice covered, so I'm going to suggest a Dragon/Flying type to cover the one for Electric. Noivern is awesome for a speedy special attacker, and Altaria is okay... so long as you'd prefer its bulk over dealing damage. Noibat is a nightmare to train up, though...

And yes, switch Butterfree for Yanmega. You could also temp switch it for Vespiquen, if you want something sturdier.

Also Honchkrow. Definitely get a Murkrow when it's obtainable- Prankster is nice enough, but Moxie ends lives. Granted you already have that with Gyarados but Gyarados doesn't have priority Sucker Punches. Or Super Luck + Night Slash, if that's your thing.

staraptor and gyarados and honchkrow and yanmega?

why don't you just show your team to all the gym leaders and they will give you a badge for free??

*just kidding*- but this team ruin the fun :(

Edited by gutten_tag