Crustle, Ursaring or Hawlucha?

helion

Which one is the best?

My team is: Exeggutor, Golem, Infernape, Porygon2 and Sharpedo.

Hawlucha is Docile, Ursaring is Lax, Crustle is Impish, everyone is lvl 59 and i am at the crustle puzzle

Crustle: Rock Wrecker, Flail, X Scissor, Slash

Hawlucha: FeatherDance, HJK, Sky attack, sky drop

Ursaring: Thrash, Strength, Feint Attack, Baby doll eyes

Edited by helion

your team is....weird. I have never built a team like this. Poor coverage, and lacking offensive movepool (i don't think Infer and Sharpedo is enough). Maybe you just use some pkms you like, and not caring about strategy at all, so feel free to choose any of them 3

And if i can give you my idea: you got golem already, so don't use Crustle. Ursaring is slow, even it hit like a truck. And yeah, my point is Hawlucha. This thing is very fast, and one more level (lv60), it will learn Sword Dance (kick out Feather dance, this move is useless). And you will be fine -_-

But i reallly suggest you should use one Special Atker to deal with physical tanks. Oh well....

Edited by gutten_tag

Like gutten_tag said:

from those 3 Hawlucha is the best.

In addition to his analysis, let me say:

Ursaring would get wrecked against Samson.

His fighting moves, which get boosted through the Big Top Arena-effect, makes Ursaring a very likely OHKO.

Hawlucha with his Flying moves is the best bet, and his Sky Drop also gets the boost from the Big Top Arena-Effect, which could possible OHKO some of his Pokemon. espacially with a Sword Dance setup, since Sword Dances effect is doubled through the Arena-effect! (+4 attack instead of +2)

But be carful, his Conkeldurr might know Stone Edge (I don't know it lived only for two turns against my Gardevoir [Calm Mind + Psychic])

Edited by Cepheus

It looks more like you're in it just to play rather than sweep the living daylights out of everything with a godly comptetitive level team, which is... fair enough, but I started playing this and it really made me think about how to set up my team etc etc. Your team overall covers everything, but your biggest fallback is your lack of tanky pokemon. Almost every pokemon on your team is deemed some sort of offensive pokemon save perhaps Golem. I'd suggest you either pick up another wall that can strike effectively, such as a shuckle with power trick, I think the move was called.

To be frank, I'd just remove exeggutor completely. While that effectively removes your coverage against water types, you could teach porygon2 something to cover up where Exeggutor does. Anyway Exeggutor has techinically the worst dual-typing of any pokemon, making it pretty much susceptible to all types save normal/fighting/grass/water/ground/rock/fairy. 10 to 7? I don't think so. Crustle would work as an alternative, but really, you should've put shell smash on this guy because given shell smash and withdraw you could make this a tanky bug/rock sweeper.

Hawlucha would effectively make your team near full physical and tbh that's kind of... awkward. To be honest. You need special offense, just as has been said, and literally none of your current pool of pickable pokemon can actually give you that. Gardevoir would suit, and could probably do better where Exeggutor couldn't.

Edited by Lynxiechan

The weird thing is that I have not blacked out once XD.

Do you think Blastoise/Houndoom/Skuntank/Machamp/Crobat/Escavalier is better?

if you want an advice for team building, you need to show us their movepool too you know @_@. But this team is more balance than the first one for sure.

Actually i can give you this for your team:

With this movepools, you can destroy everything (but it require lots and lots of breeding)

1, Escavalier: (now epi 12.1 Ame had already fixed the Karablast breed egg group, so you can get this):

Megahorn

Poison Jab

Pursuit/ X-scissor/ whatever you like

Sword Dance

(first 2 moves need breeding with Scolipede)

2, Crobat:

Brave Bird

Roost

Cross Poison

Confuse ray/ Mean Lock/whatever you like

(feel free to replace combo BB/ roost with Acrobatic, but i like to give him item like Black Sludge more than nothing)

3, Machamp:

Dynamic Punch (obvious- with No Guard of course)

Bullet Punch (priority and destroy Ice)

Thunder Punch

Ice Punch

(last 3 moves can get through breed with Hitmonchan)

4, Skuntank:

Night Slash

Play Rough

Toxic

Flame Thrower/ Sunny day support/ or anything you like

5, Houndoom:

Flamethrower

Solarbeam

Sunny Day

Dark Pulse

admit it, this is the best moveset he can get. Set up Sunny day even in front of water type. It doesn;t need nasty plot (waste a slot for coverage) Maybe you can use it if skuntank got Sunny day and Heat rock already. But whatever...

6, Blastoise:

it's your starter right?? feel free to whatever you want

This is a well-build team for example. If you can manage it, it'll work very well.

Edited by gutten_tag

I know that isn't a good idea, but Crobat deals easily with ground types and Omastar just sweeps rocks. I may even replace one of them with a shiny adamant bouffalant (anyway, I like Chandelure/Houndoom much more than alakazam, regardless of it being my avatar :P)

Just basing on the team composition, it's very fighting weak (literally half of the first team is) so no Ursaring. Crustle and Hawlucha don't hate Fighting types but Hawlucha can handle Rock moves (a common way for fighters to hit flyers) better than Crus, Hawlucha is better.

The second I like better, but is too Ground and Rock weak. Although having Escavalier and Crobat is reassuring for Ground types, only Machamp can really take Rock coverage moves with resists.

Also, having two fire types will make Amaria difficult considering she will most likely have Ice Beam for Crobat and Energy Ball for Omastar. Well, you can't cover all bases, but it's better to cover most. Might I suggest Rock-Ground resist like say, Bronzong w/ Levitate? His Fire weakness can easily be covered by the Flash Fires and his Dark and Ghost weak can be handled by Machamp and Houndoom.

Overall, you're going to be very open to upcoming/current Gym Leaders: Hardy, Samson, Terra if you don't adjust your team

Edited by Cuddlesworth

Just basing on the team composition, it's very fighting weak (literally half of the first team is) so no Ursaring. Crustle and Hawlucha don't hate Fighting types but Hawlucha can handle Rock moves (a common way for fighters to hit flyers) better than Crus, Hawlucha is better.

The second I like better, but is too Ground and Rock weak. Although having Escavalier and Crobat is reassuring for Ground types, only Machamp can really take Rock coverage moves with resists.

Also, having two fire types will make Amaria difficult considering she will most likely have Ice Beam for Crobat and Energy Ball for Omastar. Well, you can't cover all bases, but it's better to cover most. Might I suggest Rock-Ground resist like say, Bronzong w/ Levitate? His Fire weakness can easily be covered by the Flash Fires and his Dark and Ghost weak can be handled by Machamp and Houndoom.

Overall, you're going to be very open to upcoming/current Gym Leaders: Hardy, Samson, Terra if you don't adjust your team

Did Samson :) Everything was easy except his damn Hariyama. I don't think Hardy will be a problem because Shell Smash