Reborn's Travel Channel

Bluewolf

I decided it would be a fun idea to make a thingy about travel and the places you've been or want to go. I intend to travel around the world when I can and I need ideas.

So basically post stuff about your favorite places that you've been or want to go, pictures are good too. And if you can a little about that place's history.

I'll go first

winterpalace.jpgarmorial-hall-of-the-winter-palace-in-st

The Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia.

So...Have at it :D

(Now that I think about it this might have been better in Trainer's Journal but whatevs)

Edited by Bluewolf

85260338_arse3_138725b.jpg

Emirates Stadium, North London.

132164119557.jpg

I want to re-visit the White House at some point in my life where I'll remember it properly, and meet some American friends.

germ-MMAP-md.png

Europe in general at some stage.

Strasbourg sure is a great city to visit ! Living at the other side of France myself, I went there three or four times in my life. If you are ever to go there, make sure to do so during winter holidays - Alsace is very different when Christmas approaches. The decorations and atmosphere makes it very impressive !

Ooh, I like this thread. After all, travelling is the best thing ever!

For starters, the place where I live: Ilhabela, São Paulo state, Brazil.

Castelhanos.jpg

DSC08194.jpg

Ilha-Bela-a%C3%A9rea.jpg

The name of the city literally means "Beautiful Island" and if you guys like beaches, waterfalls, treking and any sort of water sports, this is the place. Local folclore is very rich, specially in pirate stories and and shipwrecks, and the cultural agenda is full almost all year long.

Other than that, it's a small town with only thirty thousand inhabitants, thanks to the state park that preserves almost 90% of the island's area.

If you could't tell, I love it here. ^_^

On another note, there's a big friend of mine going to Canada this year. Do you guys know some nice places there?

Edited by Notus

Okay, let's start with all the places I've been to in Arizona: bUFWDJY.png

Douglas- kind of an old town with old school type industry going on there. Had family who was there for a while cuz of work so we visited.

Bisbee- an old west mining town where we went on the mine tour. It may be hot as the damn desert it is on the outside, but inside it gets cold and dark as hell. Was fun.

Tombstone- old west town full of wild west historical stuff and founded off of silver mining. Awesome place to go if you love cowboys and guns and old westerns and stufff.

Sierra Vista- the civilian city counterpart to Ft. Huachuca. Ft. Huachua is an active base primarily known as the place where they train up military intelligence recruits. Small town, smallish base, tis where I first joined a swim team and really learned how to swim all the strokes properly.

close up of the area where the above places are:

g4dj9OW.png

Tuscon- major city within Arizona with a lot of business things going on. Wiki says 33rd largest city in the US. I was there for a championship swim meet twice. First time I placed well, second time I won, so it's got some good memories for me. First time I had a burger from Fuddrucker's too.

Phoenix- largest and capital city of Arizona. Hot as fuck. If you look down at the city from a plane, you will see that practically every house has a pool in the backyard. Was there only for a short time, mainly because we drove from there to the next location.

Flagstaff- a city/town off in the more northern reaches of Arizona, the weather was brisk as fresh and the area receives plenty of snow even as Phoenix is blistering hot. We went on a horseback ride on trails through the pine tree forest while we were there. Also played pogs with the kid in the apartment below the one we were in. Was here visiting family, the same one who was living in Douglas for a while.

Grand Canyon- took the train ride there and during they train they had a staged train robbery and stuff. It was fun. Even if you're afraid of heights, you have to look down and how deep that thing is. Now that I'm older, my interest in the canyon would probably be white water rafting.

Ooh, I like this thread. After all, travelling is the best thing ever!

For starters, the place where I live: Ilhabela, São Paulo state, Brazil.

Castelhanos.jpg

DSC08194.jpg

Ilha-Bela-a%C3%A9rea.jpg

The name of the city literally means "Beautiful Island" and if you guys like beaches, waterfalls, treking and any sort of water sports, this is the place. Local folclore is very rich, specially in pirate stories and and shipwrecks, and the cultural agenda is full almost all year long.

Other than that, it's a small town with only thirty thousand inhabitants, thanks to the state park that preserves almost 90% of the island's area.

If you could't tell, I love it here. ^_^

On another note, there's a big friend of mine going to Canada this year. Do you guys know some nice places there?

Ah Brazil, so beautiful and lush.

If only Portugese wasn't the only romantic language that pissed me off.