Calling All Trainers!

AZKnight

Hey everyone! It is I, FoxKnight/BottomGuy/AZKnight. If you know me then hey, if not...hey! I'll get into introductions some other time though.

Right now I'm asking all the people I know plus you new people to stand together to bring honor and victory to PokePlace. I am currently entered in a Pokemon Tournament on youtube that has a little twist. It is standard OU except that NO Items are allowed. No Items Tourny, it's fun. Now I made it past the first round simply because my opponent never showed up. Yay. Going into the second round though I am going up against someone who has a dedicated youtube channel to Pokemon battles and has battled, and beaten, some names that I'm impressed with. Needless to say, I'm worried about facing her.

Now I wanted to do this even before the tournament started, but now I really want to do this because I feel I need it more than I want it. My idea is to have all of us pool our Pokemon together to form a PokePlace Team, as opposed to just my team. So if you guys could come forward with what guys you would be willing to offer, that would be greatly appreciated. I have a few Pokemon to offer up myself, but variety is what helps a team win. If you use the same team, then the other guy can counter.

Aerodactyl
Vaporeon
Shuckle
Ninjask
Breloom
Skarmory
Marowak
Dragonite**
Jumpluff**

**Those last two are on my Platinum game and I'd need them traded to my HG game

Now my opponent is MMLFrostypixie. You can go find her youtube channel with that name. I went and watched her videos from the past two weeks and I found that these six Pokemon are her normal team. She did use others over those two weeks, but only once each except for a Venusaur which was used...twice. There is always the chance she will use these other Pokemon, but her standard team is the most likely. You guys can look at her team and then discuss what strategies that could be used to beat her. I mentioned items they hold so you know how normally they are played, even though items are not allowed in the tourny. So go! Discuss! Contribute! VICTORY!

[img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1540/pixiesmain.png[/img]

• Administrators
If she's any sort of a typical player, Gengar's fourth move is most likely hidden power, probably ice, and lucario's fourth would be crunch.

You basically know my Pokemon by this point, but I can re-post the list from MP if you want.

While her team doesn't have any obvious weaknesses, and maybe I'm just thinking this way because I'm used to using it, but I think my rain dance team probably could beat her.

Crobat is fast enough to Taunt Azelf out of Stealth Rock, if you want to teach it that, or else Rain Dance will protect from Fire Blast, and can U-turn to Bronzong or Rotom to block Explosion... Although you can't use Rotom in Wi-Fi, can you...
Additionally, Crobat's U-Turn will break Celebii's Leech Seed, dish some serious damage with the double weakness, and with Rain, it's effectively resistant to both Celebii's attacks. Taunt would also stop Recover.
Gyarados will keel over from a thunder from either Starmie or Rotom, and Starmie can spin away Azelf's rocks. With Rain-boosted Hydro Pump, Starmie should also be able to take out Gengar, Lucario and Tyranitar.
Rotom's Trick can effectively shut down Lucario, Celebii or Azelf if used right, and it can still hit the later two for a weakness, and remain reasonably safe from their attacks.
Sharpedo may not function so smoothly without its Choice Band, but a rain-boosted Aqua Jet still might be able to take out Gengar, while Crunch can still hit Azelf and Celebii, Earthquake for Lucario and Tyranitar...
Kingdra's speed is doubled in the rain, allowing it to easily take out Tyranitar, Gengar and Lucario. If it can beat Gyarados to the dance, Outrage might be enough to down it, and Celebii as well.
Bronzong acts as general support for the team, including hypnosis, stealth rock and rain dance...

In the end, while Rotom, Sharpedo and possibly Bronzong may not be the best choices for this battle, with Crobat, Starmie and Kingdra, you already have three rain dancers and a good and likely hit against everything on her team.

Just pitching my two cents, I don't think anyone that's seen it can deny the power of my kangaskhan as a lead. Most people take it for being slower than it is, which in itself is a great source of kills with Fake Out > Return. Too many people fail to account for Scrappy, so you can easily OHKO some ghosts on the presumed safe switch, and if you don't sucker punch will seal the deal. And that pokemon has survived some crazy things. Like, it's even survived Fighting hits from Infernape before. And anything neutral, is pretty much guaranteed to not kill, allowing you to chain Fake Out, Return, and Sucker Punch to effectively get three hits to their one. And with its power, you would be hard-pressed to not get a kill with those three hits. And of course replace Return in that combo with Hammer Arm for rocks and steels.

Of course, Kangaskhan can't do everything, but being able to switch it out safely and bring it in again later, just doubles its raw destructiveness. As a lead, late-game support, and diffuser of buffed pokemon, Kangaskhan is like a damn all-star.

And that kid in her pouch is damn cute.

Bah! Making me have to go aaaaaaaaall the way to another site and find a [i]completely[/i] different topic then bring aaaaaaaaaall that information BACK here?! You people are working me to death!

For my own convenience, I'm pasting that info here. Only listing the EV trained once since I know she does that, if not also using some method for perfect IVs. I don't know which youtubers do that.

Amethyst EV'd:
Flygon (Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Crunch/Rock Slide)
Gligar (Earthquake/Swords Dance/Thunder Fang/Ice Fang)
Mismagius (Thunder Wave/Attract/Confuse Ray/Dark Pulse)
Umbreon (Toxic/Protect/Double Team/Faint Attack
Houndoom (Flamethrower/Hidden Power Rock/Dark Pulse/Nasty Plot)
Starmie (Recover/Minimize/Thunderbolt/Surf)
Gengar (Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power)
Crobat (U-Turn/Hypnosis/Cross Poison/Zen Headbutt)
Kingdra (Rain Dance/Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Outrage)
Sharpedo (Aqua Jet/Earthquake/Ice Fang/Crunch)
Crobat (Rain Dance/U-Turn/Roost/Brave Bird)
Bronzong (Stealth Rock/Rain Dance/Hypnosis/Explosion)
Starmie (Rain Dance/Thunder/Hydro Pump/Rapid Spin)
Rotom-W (Thunder/Trick/Shadow Ball/Hydro Pump)

Stars EV'd
Bronzong "El Kabong" (Gyro Ball/Explosion/Stealth Rock/Reflect)
Kingdra (Surf/Draco Meteor/Ice Beam/Hidden Power [Electric])
Kangaskhan (Dizzy Punch*/Earthquake/Hammer Arm/Sucker Punch) *Considering replacing with Return, which is what it used to have
Snorlax (Crunch/Focus Punch/Substitute/Rest)
Electivire (ThunderPunch/Cross Chop/Ice Punch/Earthquake)
Weezing (Sludge Bomb/Dark Pulse*/Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split) *Considering replacing with Shadow Ball