e3 2014

Godot

I don't understand how Nintendo "won" e3.

They had shown us 2 new Smash characters, both whom I don't really care about.

They introduced some new Loli Squid fanboy game, that is... honestly kinda creepy.

I CAN BOX AS A GIANT ROBOT WITH POORLY IMPLEMENTED MOTION CONTROLS?!?

A puzzle game where I can play as Captain Toad... I always wanted that!

Another Zelda Game in the art style of Skyward Sword?!?! I loved Skyward Sword! actually it was meh to me

a teaser of a new starfox that they didn't have anything to show for? tots hype!

All Sarcasm aside the only things I truely enjoyed in the direct was the Bayonetta Trailer, Iwata and Reggie fighting, the Robot Chicken Segments....

the 40 Game demo of Xenoblade was cool! And Pac-Man/G&W? meh...

Sony > Nintendo > Ubisoft > Microsoft > EA

• Support Squad

They had shown us 2 new Smash characters, both whom I don't really care about.

They introduced some new Loli Squid fanboy game, that is... honestly kinda creepy.

I CAN BOX AS A GIANT ROBOT WITH POORLY IMPLEMENTED MOTION CONTROLS?!?

A puzzle game where I can play as Captain Toad... I always wanted that!

Another Zelda Game in the art style of Skyward Sword?!?! I loved Skyward Sword! actually it was meh to me

a teaser of a new starfox that they didn't have anything to show for? tots hype!

All Sarcasm aside the only things I truely enjoyed in the direct was the Bayonetta Trailer, Iwata and Reggie fighting, the Robot Chicken Segments....

the 40 Game demo of Xenoblade was cool! And Pac-Man/G&W? meh...

Sony > Nintendo > Ubisoft > Microsoft > EA

Someone's gotta say it....

WUT BOOT POKERMUN OR AND AS?!!?

Now I'm geeking out over the new halo stuff though.

cuz that new spartan character is talking to the Arbiter in the trailer. And it seems the Arbiter needs the master chief for something. Maybe for more fore-runner based threats, maybe to help the Arbiter end the civil war that has torn the elites in two since even before the events of Halo 4. Esp. since it looks like they're on the Arbiter's home world, and the elite in the corner and the visor reflection is wearing the iconic armor that only an arbiter wears.

Who is the new spartan? Another spartan 4? A newer gen spartan? In any case, he's got the latest armor. And like with the shielding on spartan armor, it looks like they incorporated reverse engineered tech. The suit incorporates the lines of light that was mainly attributable to the prometheans and the Didact.

Zagan, on 12 Jun 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Neither did I, but I didn't see too much to be hyped about from the other systems and companies (except more Rainbow Six, YES UBISOFT UBIDABEST).

We were all hoping for games that were going to come out this season as opposed to next year, in many cases probably after the next E3.

If that Zelda game or one of the other biggies had been sceduled for release during the holiday season.

Oh well. At least us 3DS players have Smash Bros and Pokemon to hold us over.

Rainbow six though. #hyped

No one E3 in terms of company. Certain games did win e3 however. Which is more exciting since 2015 is going to be a good fucking year. 2014 will only be saved by Far Cry and CoD looking actually good.

Sony's conference sucked because The Order is obviously another muh cinematics game which will be overly pretentious and probably win 80+ awards. Uncharted always is lame also. Bloodbourne will be most likely one of the best games of the decade if done right but it's Miyazaki directing so it will be. LBP looks cool, but the people playing it were fucking horrible. TV SHITZ YEAHHHHHHHH but Ratchet and Clank looks cool movie wise. Sony had a shitload of multiplats though so there is that. Which again, why games won e3.

Microsoft was better than Sony. Halo looks cool, Master Chef collection looks great, Phantom Dust looks interesting, KAMIYA FUCK YES PLATINUM GAMES BTFOING PS4. Combo looks awesome for KI, Crackdown is going to be good most likely and Fable looks interesting. Xbone is competitive because same price now. I would get an Xbone and a Wii U. Only game I would miss would be bloodbourne but we will petition to get it lel.

Nintendo... I don't really know. Yoshi looks to be GOTY and as good as the original Yoshi's Island. Captain Toad is new and cute so there could be something there. BAYONETTA 1/2 ON WII U PLATINUM STILL HATING THE WII U. I still don't care for Smash outside of Pac Man being cool. Never cared for Zelda and loli-squids looks like it will get old extremely quick. Miis in smash are also dumb and anyone who says YOU CAN HAVE ???? IN SMASH NOW is lame since it's only 3 move sets. If they had a full on create a mii and have a creative moveset, that shit would be GOAT. Oh well...

EA and Ubisoft were just there. Siege and Far Cry 4 looks awesome. EA had absolutely nothing to show and Battlefield Hardline is one of the biggest cash grabs and literally shows no improvement from 4. It's CoD tier shit.

SPEAKING OF COD, AW LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME. If done right, this could be a completely new breath of fresh air for the series. Or it can be a total flop. I'm extremely optimistic about the series right now. The Witcher 3 is going to probably be alright on the consoles but good fuck will be a glorious PC version. Batman looks downright amazing, the demo showed off Gotham City in a new generation and looks huge. BATMOBILE FUCK YES. GTAV ON PC HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA IT KEEPS HAPPENING. After Max Payne 3's amazing port I have faith in Rockstar for not fucking it up. Sad to hear no Dishonored 2 mentioned, I still believe it's happening. Basically, gaming looks good and probably will go in some sort of good direction outside of those cinematic nerds.

E3 gets a C+, better than last year by far. muh gaming is dead!

BEST GAMES

1. Yoshi

2. Batman

3. Far Cry

4. The Witcher

5. Mortal Kombat

6. CoD

7. Siege

8. Halo Master Chief Collection

9. Bloodbourne (needs gameplay yo)

I still don't care for Smash outside of Pac Man being cool. Never cared for Zelda and loli-squids looks like it will get old extremely quick. Miis in smash are also dumb and anyone who says YOU CAN HAVE ???? IN SMASH NOW is lame since it's only 3 move sets. If they had a full on create a mii and have a creative moveset, that shit would be GOAT. Oh well...

Man, you're just wrong all over the place, but let's just talk about this point for now. http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry2.html

3 overall types of Mii's = 3 classes of movesets. But each move can be customized so it's actually well over 3 movesets.

You CAN customize clothes and hats for you mii.

Mii's in smash >>>> pacman in smash.