Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

A guide to build moveset for Pokemon

gutten_tag

Question

actually not "any" pokemon, i think i just go with these "power" pokemons in-game. after the last topic about Earthquake i got a lot of inspirations to start this topic. Because we can't access to those useful TMs, basically we can only build some good moves to pokemon through breeding- and even harder: multi- chain- breeding (i'll call it short for MCB from now on)

and here we go:

1, Blaziken:

Ok, it's uber blah blah blah, so basically the only thing i want to build here is Sword Dance. That terra'fying set up move will NEVER exist in this game 'till the end and after-game-story. The fact is it's perfect for blaziken to use, completely destroy everything after a boost.

It's easy to get this, the only problem is Female Torchic/ Blaziken is so hard to get (12.5%), and we even need the one with good IVs (like...1% at all)

Breed: Male Ratticate/ Leafeon/ Sandslash...(anyone in the Field Breeding section with Sword Dance) + Female Blaziken/ Torchic---->get this

2, Gengar:

Gengar's naturally moveset is lack of coverage: these are some good moves we can get through level up: Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Confuse ray and... that's it! (sorry i don;t like that 55% Hypnosis and Dream eater combo @@)

so how a bout this move set:

Shadow Ball (of course)

Destiny Bond (anything i can't kill, i just get him down with me -_-)

Thunderbolt (now i'm talking about :)

Sludge Bomb (FAIRYYYYY!!!!)

MCB: male Muk/ Grimer with sludge Bomb+ female Stunfisk----> male stunfisk, level up 45 to get both Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb, + Female Gengar/ Gastly---> got the result

3, Heracross:

now i remember i said about this dude before, just to make sure he got a powerful moveset here:

Close combat

Megahorn

Stone Edge

Earthquake

MCB: Male Flygon with earthquake + female Shuckle--> male shuckle, level up this thing (i know it's hard, but it's worthy) to learn both earthquake and Stone Edge, breed with Female Heracross---> simple -_-

4, Chandelure:

thanks to Lost Lore, i get this "thing" just a couple of hours ago, and oh men, destroy everything -_-

moveset:

Flamethrower

Energy Ball

Shadow Ball

Will-o-wisp/ Overheat/ whatever you want

MCB: Torkoal with Flamethrower---> Snubull with Flame (i will not tell about gender anymore, you should familiar with it)---> Swirlix with Flame, level it up to learn Energy Ball----> Castform with both move----> Litwick (got both Energy Ball and flamethrower)

5, Hitmonchan with elemental punch:

get Hitmonchan and elemental punch is a easy step. He learn both 3 punch at lv 36. and A LOT POKEMONS can use this to make their moveset coverage all types as well, especially Infernape and Machamp, so we got these moveset after breeding:

Infernape:

Closecombat

Flare Blitz

Mach Punch

Thunder Punch

Machamp:

Dynamic Punch

Thunder Punch

Ice Punch

Bullet Punch/ Stone edge? (anyone know how to breed Stone edge for machamp? i'm surely going to search for it in a couple of day and i will edit this)

6, Breloom:

its name already said it all. Best fighting type pkm in gen V. but in gen VI now i think it got some bad points, especially those grass immune to Spore now. but in-game, he's still a beast. anything cannot OHKO him will die eventually.

moveset:

Spore

Force Palm (yeah, a sub for Low Sweep in gen V, and it's perfect)

Bullet seed (breed it by a male Sunflora)

Mach punch (too obvious??)/ or Rock Tomb (now that's new, it works perfectly with technician, and the side effect is just like Low Sweep, but we don't have this TM now, so hopefully for Rock badge)/ or Sword dance (anyone know how to breed this move AND bullet seed for one breloom?)

7, Venusaur: moveset:

Sleep Powder

Growth

Sludge Bomb

Giga drain

i will let this move for you to figured out :v :v, because it's TOO POWERFUL, especially with chlorophill and drought ninetale + heat rock. even when the sun fade away, it's too late for anything to check it.

OK, so i'll stop for now. still got about 3-5 more pkms but they are not really "powerful" like these above. anyone can come up with new powerful movesets- just comment in here and myself or an admin can edit this post for anyone want to build their team to the maximum power. tks for reading this ^^

6 answers to this question

theres one problem.. females don't pass on the TM moves.. they only pass on moves the pokemon has in its natural moveset and egg moves.. so that cancels a bunch of the movesets... though once 6th gen mechanics are in place this will be awesome.. can you work around that?? it would be amazing.. and also can you give a moveset for venusaur without using clorophyll?? i kinda want it for fighting the future water/ground/rock/fairy gyms and want a single battle pokemon..

...Creative use of Smeargle can get you a few movesets that would otherwise be unobtainable. Just so ya know. Not that that's what I'd call convenient, because those are kinda rare.

Anyway, Venusaur can run that set just fine outside of sun, too. Although Sleep Powder's usefulness has diminished because of the sleep turns being dropped down to a maximum of 3 + its accuracy leaves much to be desired. But it's handy if you can get it down to buff up with Growth for a turn or two, if it sticks.

As for Swords Dance + Bullet Seed on a Breloom:

Sandslash/Zangoose/Leafeon/anything in the Field egg group that gets Swords Dance -> Seedot -> Sunkern (level up for Bullet Seed as a Sunflora) -> Shroomish

...Brb, going Shroomish hunting.

...Creative use of Smeargle can get you a few movesets that would otherwise be unobtainable. Just so ya know. Not that that's what I'd call convenient, because those are kinda rare.

Anyway, Venusaur can run that set just fine outside of sun, too. Although Sleep Powder's usefulness has diminished because of the sleep turns being dropped down to a maximum of 3 + its accuracy leaves much to be desired. But it's handy if you can get it down to buff up with Growth for a turn or two, if it sticks.

As for Swords Dance + Bullet Seed on a Breloom:

Sandslash/Zangoose/Leafeon/anything in the Field egg group that gets Swords Dance -> Seedot -> Sunkern (level up for Bullet Seed as a Sunflora) -> Shroomish

...Brb, going Shroomish hunting.

agree with the Smeargle- it's really inconvenient to use him breeding moves. maybe some really necessary and rare moves, but now it's just too boring and annoying to use, even it can breed ANY moves to Field group

and tks for the sword dance set, but really i just curious, i don't use sword dance breloom since gen VI came out, and it got replaced by Rock Tomb. almost power of Stone Edge (90 to 100), but got 15% more accurate, and lower op. speed

and yeah: Shroomish hunting is painful one. after 4 hours just run like a wild animal in the island, i only meet 3 Shroomishs, and 2 of them got really bad IVs/ tks god for the third, a female one with acceptable IVs :(

EDIT: the sleep turns in gen VI now got maximum of 3???? omg... another nerf for spore :(

Edited by gutten_tag

theres one problem.. females don't pass on the TM moves.. they only pass on moves the pokemon has in its natural moveset and egg moves.. so that cancels a bunch of the movesets... though once 6th gen mechanics are in place this will be awesome..

Actually in gen 6 you can't pass on TM moves via breeding, so many of these moves wouldn't work. I think Ame will likely leave this out of the gen 6 updates though.

Actually in gen 6 you can't pass on TM moves via breeding, so many of these moves wouldn't work. I think Ame will likely leave this out of the gen 6 updates though.

i know right :v, so we should breed as many as possible in this episode for our team, like Earthquake, Sword Dance, Stone Edge, Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Sludge Bomb...... (ssshhhhhh, keep it silent, Ame might be hearing this....)