The Reborn Monocolor Challenge

Calvius

This is a idea I recently came up with, but since 'm not gonna start all over again, it's up to you guys to test it and tell me if it's good or bullshit not:

The Reborn Monocolor Challenge (RMC)

- You can choose one color at the start of the game (note that color is not typing, even if you have to deal with many poison types if you choose purple for example)

- You can only catch a Pokémon if it has the color you chose before (the main color can be looked up at Bulbapedia or other sites).

- If you don't choose Red, Green or Blue (the starters colors), you have to get rid of your starter as soon as you catch your first Pokémon (there are some starters with other colors though, look it up, thanks to Sheep for pointing it out)

- You may have HM-Slaves, but they must not be used in battle

- You may catch Pokémon that are not your color if you need them to trade Pokémon that are your color

Now there are 3 difficulties. Easy, Medium and Hard

- Easy:

- With every finished Gym you earn one point, points can be use as following:

- 1 Point: You can catch a Pokémon of your choice, even if it's not your chosen color

- 2 Points: You can change your color entirely to another one (note that you have to change your whole team then!)

- 3 Points: You can choose another color without "loosing" the other one

- You start with 1 point already

- The color of the pokémon you catch counts. If it canges the color upon evolution, you can still use it

- Medium:

- 1 Point: You can catch a Pokémon of your choice, even if it's not your chosen color

- 3 Points: You can change your color entirely to another one (note that you have to change your whole team then!)

- 4 Points: You can choose another color without "loosing" the other one

- The color of the pokémon you catch counts. If it canges the color upon evolution, you can still use it

- Hard:

- 2 Point: You can catch a Pokémon of your choice, even if it's not your chosen color, until you beat the next Gym

- 3 Points: You can change your color entirely to another one (note that you have to change your whole team then!)

- If the Pokémon you cought changes color upon evolution, you are not allowed to use it anymore

- You may not choose red, green or blue as your color

- If you want to further complicate your challenge, you can freely add a Nuzlocke to it

I would really be interested in hearing what you think, feel free to suggest changes and point out difficulties! And if you want to try it, leave your teams down below (or start a seperate threat, cause I would be really interested in following one of you doing this challenge)

Edited by Calvius

If you don't choose Red, Green or Blue (the starters colors), you have to get rid of your starter as soon as you catch your first Pokémon

Just a heads up, there are actually two starters outside of those colours. Cyndaquil is yellow and chimchar is brown.

Looks like fun, I'm not about to start a 3rd game to try it out though.

Sounds interesting, but incredibly hard because of the level cap and the gyms. (as if the game itself isn't challenging enough)

If I were to choose blue as a color, what Pokemons am I able to use in the beginning?

My Water-starter, Finneon, Woobat, Panpour... (I can't think of any other blue-Pokemon in the starting area)

all of them are weak to electric attacks... and welp... the first gym is an Electro-Gym.

Most of the time in Pokemon you can overcome a type-disadvantage with pure level grind, but not in Reborn because of that level cap, once you hit Level 21 they start disobeying and issuing commands becomes pure luck.

I guess shinies don't count because it is based on its main-color and not it's actual color, right? (since shinies are more common than in official games)