Odds of finding a shiny

StrikeG

I went into one of the back alley ways and the very first trubbish I encounter in-game is shiny. So I have to ask, are the odds of finding shinies different in this game, or was it made to be consistent with the trademark pokemon games? Oooh and to add on to that it has a good nature as well. It's impish.

post-48239-0-06977300-1398923608_thumb.png

Edited by StrikeG

• Administrators

I don't think the above statistics are quite accurate. 1.07%.

It's okay, once we get all the custom shinies in it'll be much more interesting...

I don't think the above statistics are quite accurate. 1.07%.

It's okay, once we get all the custom shinies in it'll be much more interesting...

But...but i remember reading somewhere that it was 1 in 700 :unsure: sorry for the misleading information...can't wait for the new shinies forms.

• Administrators

I think that was a misunderstand that became a miscommunication

The chance went from 1/655xx to 700/655xx. That's where those numbers came from

1/655xx to 700/655xx

Due to needing to memorize it in high school, that number is 65536, the 16th power of two.

I believe the main games use 8/65536 which simplifies to 1/8192. A quick search shows that gen VI games have doubled that base probability to 16/65536 (simplifies to 1/4096). The percentages are 0.0122% and 0.0244% respectively. (Therefore Ame's shiny rate of 1.0681% is ~87x the rate from gen V and earlier, and ~44x the rate from gen VI games.) Note that I'm not counting anything that adds to the shiny rate here, such as the Masuda method or the shiny charm.