I need some enlightment.

AngelGozen

Wow wow chill guys (Arkhidon and Neo). Thanks for everyone's opinion, it helped me understand a few things.

I believe I said rather explicitly that what I mentioned in that post is all a relay of information that others have stated. So it would do you well to take your own advice and read through what I posted.

@Angel Before agreeing with Neo, read up on what I said.

Hey all I said was that what you said was not right, regardless of whether it was you opinion or not. Maybe I said it in a wrong way that made you think otherwise, if so then sorry. All I want is to share some love D:

Anyways, I'll be sure to embrace the Holy Tacos and whatever the hat was for xD

Thanks guys, it's nice to see not everyone is stupid =)

[i don't know if this is considered "necroposting" since I haven't been around here for a while (the site being down and all), if so then feel free to tell me and lock the topic if needed]

Don't think its just on the EU servers either. NA has its fair share of racial slurs too. Mexican's, Brazillians and all that stuff is extremely high on NA servers. It simply comes down to the demographics racial profiles that they have for one another. Some people get the short end of the stick. For example: 'If' and I say if because I almost never let people know my nationality on LoL they'll sometimes call me a wetback and say 'should you be working in the fields instead of this jungle?' and shit like that. I just don't let it bother me and continue to play my game. Racial stereotype are a lot easier to throw around on the internet because you can hide behind a screen. The best thing to do with these people is mute em and move on.

It's just a "problem" in team based games in general. This is further exacerbated in League, as it caters to the casuals. When you mix a competitive player base with a casual player base, it's like mixing atheists with extremist christians, it just doesn't work. With the way how League works, people usually cannot just straight out leave games without fearing God's(Riot) judgment of getting banned unlike Dota so this means that when an already distasteful person has to continue sitting through the whole game to the end, it builds up and toxicity ensues. Toxicity is a contagious disease, so chances are, if you stay in a game with distasteful people for 30+ minutes, you are probably going to be more hateful and "fight" back vocally. Even in high elo League it's a problem as people get boosted and it's easy to troll your whole team for a half an hour and eventually, this repeats over and over which leads to breeding of idiots that don't know any better(Tribunal being a useless piece of shit doesn't help either) and will jump on any "mistake" or stereotype as a scape goat so they can transfer all blame to someone else. Even if you mute them, they just find ways to troll you in game as "payback" and end up getting a massive report circlejerk on you.

I highly suggest you just dump League and switch over to Dota as people are more tolerant in higher elos and there is absolutely no trolling or toxicity because people actually finally play to win instead of throwing insults back and forth for 50 minutes. In Dota, there's something called prisoner's island(which has immediate punishment, not the 3 months before a warning bullshit), which after you go there once, you never ever want to end up back in there again so most people are on their best behavior which means that Dota's toxicity does not even compare to League(which no person with a sane mind actually fears the tribunal). The best part is that Dota actually is balanced and has a good learning curve and everything is free from the start compared to League just fotm nerf cycling all day pissing everyone off and limiting options drastically while conning people out of their money(975/1350 RP skins seriously? 640 RP for an INVISIBLE WARD that you don't even look at 99% of the time. I mean, I'd at least understand if the champions didn't take 5 years to grind for even one or if they actually used that money to find competent people to pump out content, but since it does and they don't, you have no choice but to buy expensive RP if you ever want to get something worthwhile if you don't have all day everyday to play).

I highly suggest you just dump League and switch over to Dota as people are more tolerant in higher elos and there is absolutely no trolling or toxicity

I actually tried Dota, and I dont like it that much, the gameplay does not suit me well D: (this poney-chicken thing is so funny tho, especially when you command it to go suicide :/ )

And the troll potential in Dota is actually infinitly greater than in League. Let me give you some examples :

- Unlimited Ping (I saw my brother ping nonstop and his teammates were like "wtf please stop", it was funny to watch but a limitation would be really simple to add, just like in League).

- Sending the poney-chicken thing (sorry can't remember its real name) to its death and watch all the stuff that your teammate bought get detroyed

- There is even a character that can grab allies, and I watched a youtuber show us how he denied is teammates kills, and dove the ennemy fountain just so he could grab an ally into it and watch him die

And I probably don't even know half of the troll possibilities, since I played it only once and never went back to it, I barely know 1/1000 of the game.

My point is, trolling and toxicity is probably the same in League and Dota (again I may be wrong so dont get mad at me if you disagree D: )

And League of Legends is actually a great game, I won't ditch it just because of stupid players. The whole "money thing", I guess I get your point, but you have to admit, everything that is NEEDED in the game is free. If you want to pay for skins/anything else with real money, it is a choice that is given to you ^^ and correct me if I'm wrong, but there are some things you can buy for real money in Dota to aren't there ?

As for the constant nerf/rework I kind of like it, it makes the game feel new every time a new champ or a rework gets out. =)

The whole atheist/extremist christian thing is not really comparable to my mind or if it is then I failed to see where you linked the two situations ^^

Also to my mind, extremists are all the same, whether christians, muslims, atheists, or whatever else you can find but I'm kind of going out of topic there, sorry, please dont hurt me, I won't do it again D:

Edited by AngelGozen

Well, some people in the internet are simply assholes not-so-nice-people. I might be living under a rock or something, because I never heard about french people having a bad rep. O_o

What´s bad about france? I mean they had some great or interesting leaders (Napoleon ^^), had a big empire and while the politicians surrendered in WW2, there was still the résistance. People always forget it weren´t all the french people who surrendered, but their leaders who made that decision (and considering how well the germans did with the other countries, I dunno which choice would´ve been the right choice. Bowing down for a moment is better than being all-open-war and getting your people slaughtered.

I am german, so I gotta take being called a nazi, a racist and well, seeing the one or the other "siegheil" and that shit.

It really upsets me pisses me off beyond belief, but they´re like this because they´re lonely, pitiful people sitting in front of their monitors idiots, and they only get a little bit of enjoyment in their sad life by insulting random people they don´t even know. Either that or they got nothing better to do than insult people. Either way, they´re full of shit. Just don´t listen to those people and move on.

I heard LoL has a bad community, but so do many mmorpgs. Sadly :/ That even happens in games with online functions like monster hunter or halo. Dem pricks are everywhere >__>

Gamers shouldn´t be rated by their ethnicity and their country, but by their skill by their personality and good communication with others ^^"

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur