Advice on my team?

I've only just beaten Flobot and this is my team so far:

Quilladin: Level 28 (Overgrow)(Lonely)

Needle Arm / Bite / Pin Missile / Rollout

Pidgeotto: Level 26 (Big Pecks)(Timid)

Tackle / Quick Attack / Gust / Twister

Gyarados: Level 20 (Moxie)(Quiet)

Tackle / Bite / Splash

Kirlia: Level 20 (Synchronise)(Can't remember)

Confusion / Growl / Double Team / Teleport

Understandably, I guess the first thing that would need changing is the natures, which I'm more than happy to restart for (Just gotta get lucky with that Rattled Magikarp though).

I was planning on using Talonflame but alas, not in yet, and I may switch out Kirlia with Abra when I get one.

Any changes, or ideas for party members 5 and 6?

Well you can't get Abra until you reach 7th street(around receiving your 8th gym badge) or.....................You switch back to episode 10 and blah blah blah, Litleo will change back into Abra.... Talonflame isn't in game..... I would recommend getting a Growlithe and a Emolga(HIGHLY RECOMMEND) because Fire types are a good type to have on early, and Emolga.......omg.......only one word to describe why you need Emolga; Acrobatics. Acrobatics is a VERY OP move, and Acrobatics will just shred any Fighting, Bug, and Grass types.

Evolve that Kirlia ASAP because it's deadweight until it's a Gardevoir. When you get to Jasper Ward, find the Emolga. It'll be outclassed later, but it comes at a respectable level and has moves that'll come in handy.

When you finish Jasper Ward and Beryl Ward, I recommend a Donphan since it's an overall durable Pokemon, and its typing will come in handy for major battles in the future, including the next two gym leaders. If you decide to get one, evolve a Phanpy and give it Common Candies until it's level 18, then level it up from there. It learns Magnitude at level 19, but only as a Donphan--and Phanpy evolves in its 20's, hence the Common Candies.

Like Timber Dragon said. Evolving that Gardevoir is a VERY good thing as well. You can find like 2 Heart Scales early in the game. When you get those Heart Scales, use them on Gardevoir as well. Moonblast early game, is extremely OP as well...... well now that I said that, Ame is going to put Ralts into a later event....

Like Timber Dragon said. Evolving that Gardevoir is a VERY good thing as well. You can find like 2 Heart Scales early in the game. When you get those Heart Scales, use them on Gardevoir as well. Moonblast early game, is extremely OP as well...... well now that I said that, Ame is going to put Ralts into a later event....

I believe I remember seeing a post saying that the two pokemon that are almost definitely getting removed/being put until later in the game were Gardevoir and Gyarados so regardless of what is said now, I doubt it will make a difference ;-;.

Wait what.... Gyarados and Gardevoir are both being removed? O_O Is the creator seriously trying to make me rip my brains out? It's hard enough as it is with the Level Caps (My Quilladin was Level 27 before I'd even got the Second Badge and thus was a pain) and I had to rely mostly on a combination of Pidgeotto and Gyarados to deal with Flobot.

I was considering using a Arcanine but was in a debate whether Arcanine or Pyroar. I was also debating whether Pidgeot or Noivern, but my main issue with Noivern is getting Noibat to level 48 :/

Edited by Jps101

There's nothing saying that either gyarados or gardevoir are being removed from the early game. Ame just said that they're being considered at the moment. It's possible that they will be but if I remember correctly it isn't likely or unlikely at this point. As for arcanine vs pyroar? I don't know much about pyroar but I do know that arcanine is a beast for in-game. The only problem is the late evolution if you're going for flare blitz. Still, I did and I found that growlithe actually pulled his weight on the team until he got it. There's no reason you can't use pidgeot now and then replace it with noivern (or archeops, just saying) later. This is a loooong game and I'd advise you to not stick to a simple team of six.

Listen to the people above me. There is (surprisingly) a lot of pokemon that become very useful. At least early on.

However the only specific advice I can give is make your Kirlia learn Charge Beam.

Edited by Mikzal