Opinions on Radomus

Tacos

So I recently somehow managed to defeat the Ditto-Arceus with my ragtag group of pokemon and upon returning to Radomus' gym, we were met by the new butler, Elias. Now it's quite obvious El is the new butler, but having been accused of brainwashing by El, I truly don't know what to think of Radomus at this point. Especially the fact that he refused to return the Amethyst Pendant to me made me rather suspicious. I've not done the gym battle yet so I am unsure if anything is revealed within that time period to the end of episode 12, however, I doubt I would learn much from that hat changing goof. I personally believe that he will be both a protagonist/antagonist in a similar way to Adrienne during the Gardevoir incident in that he will flip flop between both sides. Seeing as El was mentioned in the Meteor base in reference to Bennett if I am correct, it's obvious El has some sort of affiliation with Team Meteor. And because of that, I see Radomus as a side antagonist, much like Miror B in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I'd love to hear your opinions on Radomus to see where most of us stand on his character.

There are quite a few signs that point to Radomus being an antagonist, but I love his character so much that I hold some irrational hope that he's actually a protagonist.

Do the Gym Battle first, then maybe you change your mind :P

Now if only I could finish the puzzle ;-;. Of course the one game that I haven't been able to understand ever is the puzzle to this man's gym ._.

Meh, wasn't that interesting to me as the other gym leaders, to be honest. I honestly didn't care as much xD

Shade iz teh bestz :]

LOL obviously, Shade had the best personality of all the gym leaders

Okay, I'm not gonna lie- I have some bias towards Radomus at the moment because he's one of my favourites. His personality + the costume changing thing kind of cemented it.

But anyway, I definitely agree that how he acts makes him seem very suspicious. I had thought he was maybe going to do something in Episode 11 to further incriminate himself, but he didn't, really... unless mugging some poor Meteor Grunt counts. (...Naw, that's probably not what he did, but that's a funny thought.) The whole light/dark speech thing didn't really help his case, either...

He also mentions that the Pendant is very important to him, and he does seem to know of it. So has he had it before? And what does he intend to do with it, I wonder?

All in all, there's a lot of mystery surrounding him. Though I guess he just goes out of his way to be like that... regardless of others questioning his sanity (...who in Reborn has their sanity intact, though?) because of it.

He also mentions that the Pendant is very important to him, and he does seem to know of it. So has he had it before? And what does he intend to do with it, I wonder?

My only assumption is that he could possibly be Anna and Noel's father if he had knowledge of the existence of the Amethyst Pendant.

My only assumption is that he could possibly be Anna and Noel's father if he had knowledge of the existence of the Amethyst Pendant.

Luna comented that she's trying to fill a void in his heart or something among these lines, your theory does make sense considering she's acting as his daughter, seeing as luna simply loves dream games, she may be acting as his daughter to fill the void left by noel and anna, or the loss of another son/daughter.

and then there's the whole amethyst pendant thing.

At first tho, my first impression of him was "Walking Mindfuck" :U

Edited by Telos

After having defeated him and realizing that El had not been brainwashed, my opinions of Radomus have changed slightly. However, the only thing I'm having trouble with is that if he knows I'll be on my way to finding who it truly belongs to, then why not give me the pendant? What use could he have for it other than protection?

Unless I'm missing something here, how did El not get brainwashed? Was this entire thing a setup?

Yeah I believe so.

In general though I really like Radomus' character. He's by far my favorite gym leader to date and he should be in the league *shakes fist at Anna.*

Still not sure if he's with us or against us but I've trusted him this far off of a gut feeling. Would both love and hate (simultaneously) seeing him as an antagonist but whatever Ame's doing with him I don't really mind in the end, just so long as he stays awesome.

I find it hard to believe that Radomus would have thought he had brainwashed El. Maybe they were both in on it, but Radomus' constant flipping back to your side when you need it most is really confusing me as to whether its all a coincidence or if its a huge elaborate scheme. Just cause he's a gym leader doesn't mean he can be trusted considering El is apparently an Elite 4 member.

So far he hasn't stabbed us in the back (At least, if he did, he was very subtle about it.) In fact, all he's done so far is help.

And about the whole pendant thing. he refused to return it after the whole incident with the ditto arceus, when, do I need remind anyone, the MC loses one of the freaking gem keys, even though Sapphira specifically tells you to guard them at any cost when she entrusted them to you.

So in my Eyes, the whole not giving the amethyst pendant back is justified on Radomus's part:

1.You had both the keys in your possesion, and you lost one of them for a while, not only that, but you pretty much let some stranger walk up to you and take it out away from you and wouldn't have gotten it back without his help.

2.He's a gym leader and a master of disguise, obviously capable of handling himself in a battle.

3. it's makes no sense for him to be involved with team meteor, as they tried to capture him along with you at his castle in hopes of getting the keys.

4. He's obviously a lot sharper than the average Joe on the street

Ergo, it is only logical that he should keep one of the gem keys for safe keeping after seeing this display of near incompetence from the MC, to prevent another embarrassing fiasco as what happened earlier. it's makes more sense to split to responsibility for the keys between two people instead of just one

Edited by Legendaries tamer

That makes me wonder, though... why would he let El into the Castle? He's very clever, clearly, so it's odd of him to assume that El was brainwashed (and El admits as much, too) and just go with that...

Oh, and if you sided with El, he says this:

Cain: What are you even doing now?

Radomus: Doing? Hm...
Well, I suppose what I am doing is dismissing my employee for the time being, and conversing with my challengers.
Cain: Nonono, you know what I mean! That's obviously El- why are you making him do this?
Radomus: El? How foolish; El despises me. He would never agree to work for me, much less address me as "My Lord."
This butler's name is 'Elias.' Do not be so blind as to let the similarity of the names confuse you. That would be altogether rude.
--

Radomus: The butler being El, as if I was doing something?

Hah! And exactly how would I do such a thing? Really, what a foolish accusation...

Even though it's obvious that's not true, so he's like, trying to deceive you? He's not to be entirely trusted, but... he hasn't done anything to turn on you, as the player, so... Perhaps he's more of a neutral party of some sort?

...Radomus, y u so confusing?!

Edited by Lost Lore

Radomous is my favorite character in Reborn, why well.

- His philosophy on light and dark are spot on. Sometimes being good by what society says is good can defy what good truly is, being in the light in the doesn't mean you're a good guy and Radomous clearly knows that. Whenever I was going through that part, I knew El was a phoney when I chose between Radomous and El. And on top of that, being in the dark doesn't mean you're evil. Look at the Yin-Yang symbol, that is a simple fact about the world, sometimes things are not what they seem.

- Now I have a theory why Radomous would allow El into his house, and that is he or Gardevoir can see the future. Gardevoir learns future sight at level 53 and she is level 65 which would make some sense. On top of that he is a psychic gym leader and in pokemon, they have been able to see the future, take Sabrina from gen 1 as an example. So Radomous knew about the plan of El and on top of that, he knew exactly when to come in and save Luna and you from El in episode 12. So why would he allow that to happen, to teach you of course and Luna to some degree. He wants you to make your on decisions to find your own path, and not simply go with what someone tells what right and wrong. That is an experience you must learn from the world, it isn't something you read or something someone tells.Only pure actions can teach a subject that controversial.

-Finally, with the preaching done, I like him because he is everything I wanted after episode 7. I remember I made a topic to see if Ame would add someone like him and then episode 10 happens so yeah that gets points too.

Edited by Magus

• Veterans

There is one thing i do say though : El and Radomus they USED to be friends El. Radomus admits it himself after you beat Ditto arceus ........ that ... it makes me wonder is Was Radomus a member of th elite four or team meteor because it seems they used to have quite the bond

There is one thing i do say though : El and Radomus they USED to be friends El. Radomus admits it himself after you beat Ditto arceus ........ that ... it makes me wonder is Was Radomus a member of th elite four or team meteor because it seems they used to have quite the bond

That reminded me of him having a whole Meteor uniform rather than just the hat... Maybe he once was since he also had a knowledge of what the keys were prior to meeting you.

I don't fully trust him, but at this point (up through Ep 11) he hasn't blatantly screwed us over yet, so there's that. What I like about him is that he's aware of just how sketchy he is, and pokes fun at the player and Cain's skepticism despite actually being quite helpful so far.

Basically, if he betrays us sometime in the future, I wouldn't be shocked; but if he doesn't, I still wouldn't be shocked.

Yeah I believe so.

In general though I really like Radomus' character. He's by far my favorite gym leader to date and he should be in the league *shakes fist at Anna.*

Radomus actually used to be the psychic leader in the league, I believe. However, I think he quit and needed a replacement, hence Anna.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this was before my time.

• 2 months later...