Hearthstone Help Thread

Jelly

Hello people of Reborn! I am Jelly and I like Hearthstone! So, uh, I was just really trying to find a way to get more people interested in Hearthstone because it is a great game and I believe everyone should give it a fair chance. Now, my only major gripe with the game is that it is very hard to actually get started what with all the cards and deck types and hero powers and aggro/zoo/murloc Warlock bullshit fun-times. So here's a thread in which you beginners can post questions and whatnot and hopefully either I or someone else can answer your questions!

You can earn gold by playing games normally and by completing daily objectives. Gold can be spent to buy a pack of cards, or to enter the "Arena", both of which can also be purchased with real money. The card packs have 5 cards, one of which is guaranteed to be rarer.

In Hearthstone, rarer cards are often not better than the normal ones, but instead provide different abilities for extra strategies. If you really want them without spending money, you can either do the daily objectives, play a lot, or sacrifice cards for a resource called "magic dust" which can be used to craft any card if you have enough of dust.

In short, paying will give you a wider choice of strategies, but Hearthstone is far from a Pay to Win game.

Edited by Nova