Spoiler after ep 11

pmegakid

• Veterans

But i don't think Amaria is in Agate, so i don't know...

I'm just crossing my fingers hoping that "someone" is going to be in Agate...

Are you thinking About Florinia Vinny :unsure: cause i dont wanna fight her again

None of the above... I'm talking about:

Terrai.png

I haven't even met her and she's already my favorite leader...

And i hate myself for missing her in the server... ugh...

If it is her I have my vaperion ready and my levanny . A seel in trainning let go!!!

• Veterans

If it is her I have my vaperion ready and my levanny . A seel in trainning let go!!!

Crap i have to go get myself That bulbasaur before episode 12 or 13 if she is coming soon

Terra, no?

Swanna, Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio, Farfetch'd, Noctowl, Crobat, Pelipper, Xatu, Staraptor, Swellow, Altaria, Chatot, Togekiss, Unfezant, Swoobat, Sigyliph, Simisage, Simipour, Vaporeon, Venusaur, Swampert, Chesnaught, Jynx, Mamoswine, Golduck, Kingler, Azumarill, Sharpedo, Lumineon, Seaking, Quagsire, Floatzel, Gastrodon, Basculin, Poliwrath/toed, Mantine, Crawdaunt, Whiscash, Seismitoad, Dewong, Octillery, Alomomola, Aurorus, Omastar, Kabutops, Carracosta, Victreebel, Jumpluff, Roserade, Cherrim, Carnivine, Amoonguss, Exegutor, Sunflora, Tropius, Sawsbuck, Whimsicott, Gogoat, Vileplume, Bellossom, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Lilligant, Noivern, Flygon, Claydol, Gengar, Mismagius, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Tangrowth and even Luvdisc would want to have some words with her.

Edited by nemesish

None of the above... I'm talking about Terra

I have yet to understand why Terra is everyone's favorite leader, but as far as leaders we'll see or face in e12, I suspect that it'll be one or more of the following:

1 - Hardy

> Hardy lives in Agate City, as he mentioned during our first run in with him while we were fighting Aya.

There's been nothing specific of note that points to us fighting this Rock leader, but since he claimed residence in the area I suspect we'll at least see him, though I don't know if he has a gym in this town or not.

2 - Samson

> This is a little bit of speculation on my part, but in Ame's April Fools Day patch notes for E12 I noted this snippet of information:

#---------------------------------- Big Top ----------------------------------#

"Now presenting...!"

* Fighting Type attacks and the following moves become High Striker attacks, which have deal a random increment of damage between x1.1 and x2.5

Strength Wood Hammer Dual Chop Heat Crash

Sky Drop Bulldoze Icicle Crash Body Slam

Stomp Giga Impact Pound Smack Down

Iron Tail Meteor Mash Crabhammer

* Pokemon with the abilities Sheer Force and Guts will always hit maximum rolls on High Striker attacks.

* Pokemon with reduced Attack stats will hit lower rolls more often, whereas Pokemon with increased Attack stats will hit higher rolls.

* The move Acrobatics will always deal double damage.

* Sound-based attacks receive a x1.3 increase in power.

* The moves Sky Drop, Fly and Bounce take a single turn. Damage is applied when Focus Punch would be.

* The following moves gain a x2 increase in power:

Payday

* The follow moves gain a x1.5 increase in power:

Vine Whip Power Whip Fiery Dance Petal Dance

* The length of Encore's effect is doubled.

* The following moves gain double their normal stat-changing effects:

Dragon Dance Quiver Dance

* The base accuracy of the following moves becomes 100:

Sing

* Swords Dance boosts Attack by a total of 3 stages

* Feather Dance reduces Attack by a total of 3 stages

* The effect of Rain Dance lasts 8 turns

* The move Belly Drum increases Defense and Sp. Def by 1 stage each

* Nature Power becomes Acrobatics

Now there are a lot of scary looking things in this spoiler, but there's a couple important things to take note of. First is that all Fighting type moves gain power and Pokemon with Sheer Force and Guts always get maximum power moves. Samson's signature Pokemon (as seen here in the leader lineup) is Conkeldurr -- a Fighting type Pokemon with access to both Sheer Force AND Guts as potential abilities. If you were here during the History Quiz era of the game, you may also remember that Samson joined the league because ... (I'll edit this in later, I have it written down on my laptop but I can't seem to recall what the answer was offhand and I don't see the answer in some of the quiz's guides. I'll just note that a decent amount of information was given to us from that little quiz: things like the fact that

Luna's real birth father is Elias.

)

3 - Terra

> This is even more speculative than the previous one, but if you check out the 'preview' at the end of chapter 11, you'll notice that there's

an all-caps RAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR in part of the dialogue that follows.

Now, that sound could certainly be made by some Pokemonster, but I've got a hunch that it could just be Terra .. being Terra.

@Blind Guardian You got a good eye for stuff mate... Some of these stuff i didn't remember... But there's a BIG reason as to why i think Terra might be in Agate... But i can't say what it is... Also, i said Terra might be in Agate, but that doesn't mean she's goign to be the Agate Leader... I'd bet on Hardy, but who knows...

@nemesish Every type of pokemon has counters, but don't forget the coverage moves... All these pokemons look good on paper, but in practice? yeah, we have to see about that...

Edited by Vinny953

@Blind Guardian You got a good eye for stuff mate... Some of these stuff i didn't remember... But there's a BIG reason as to why i think Terra might be in Agate... But i can't say what it is... Also, i said Terra might be in Agate, but that doesn't mean she's goign to be the Agate Leader... I'd bet on Hardy, but who knows...

I don't mind if you're intentionally vague about her for some plot-spoiler reason, but can you at least tell me why Terra is your/everyone's favorite leader? If you haven't even met her and she's your favorite already that's ... odd. Or is this some sort of "adults-can't-see-why-kids-love-cinnamon-toast-crunch" scenario?

​grammar nitpick: you have 8 ellipses in your two statements and they've become incredibly common in your recent posts. surely you can reform your sentence structure to not overuse or abuse this form of punctuation?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a rant-y post to get back to writing in a vaguely upset manner.

...Okay, so I'm not going crazy thinking the RAAAAAAAWWWWR thing was Terra? Good to know. And I haven't met her yet, either, but judging from her Interview Intermission, she's a very... interesting (for lack of a better term) person indeed.

Also, Samson is definitely in Agate City, since he works in the Agate Circus. So I figured he'd be the next Gym, too, but that's just a guess. (I mean, he doesn't have to be there just because of that, but... it'd be kinda weird if he weren't, wouldn't it?)

Also-also, a lot of the moves boosted by that field are Flying-type... hmm... It's conspiracy theory time!~

@nemesish Every type of pokemon has counters, but don't forget the coverage moves... All these pokemons look good on paper, but in practice? yeah, we have to see about that...

I know.

That's the reason why my pokes have been bred the best (available) moves to counter their weaknesses.

...Okay, so I'm not going crazy thinking the RAAAAAAAWWWWR thing was Terra? Good to know. And I haven't met her yet, either, but judging from her Interview Intermission, she's a very... interesting (for lack of a better term) person indeed.

Would you mind linking me the interview? Maybe I can finally discover what the metaphorical cinnamon swirls in every bite are.

Also, Samson is definitely in Agate City, since he works in the Agate Circus. So I figured he'd be the next Gym, too, but that's just a guess. (I mean, he doesn't have to be there just because of that, but... it'd be kinda weird if he weren't, wouldn't it?)

I was sort of heavily implying this with the whole "Big Top" thing, but I guess I should've explicitly said that. Didn't recall if the circus had a specific name or not though, so thanks for clearing that up at least. I'm just noting that since Ame likes to add field effects that are relevant to upcoming big gym battles, I expected to face him rather soon on that basis.

Also-also, a lot of the moves boosted by that field are Flying-type... hmm... It's conspiracy theory time!~

Nah, I'm fairly certain this is just Ame's way of trying to even out the playing field/give the player a way to combat the advantage she gives to the opponent. Or I could be completely wrong and we're all going to be swept by Unburden Flying Gem Acrobatics Hawlucha in a spectacular fashion.

Would you mind linking me the interview? Maybe I can finally discover what the metaphorical cinnamon swirls in every bite are.

It's not actually here on the forums, but... I really like taking logs, and Interview Intermissions, so... here you go:

Hello! Gossip Gardevoir here in Interview Intermission, bringing YOU the inside scoop on Reborn's celebrity figures!

Today, we have a special report with Terra, the Reborn Ground Gym Leader!
Terra, can you te-
Terra: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!!!!!!
Gardevoir: I, um, yes. Can yo-
Terra: Hi, how you doin', everybody- no, wait, let me do that again!
Hey, baby, how YOU doin'? Unh, unh! WHAZZUP REBORN?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gardevoir: I hardly think that this makes for appro-
Terra: I'LL TELL YOU WAZZUP. WAZZUP IS ME, TERRAIN' YO NATES ALL DAY LONG.
Gardevoir: Terra! Do contain yourself! Honestly, you shouldn't be acting in such a way on public television. Now-
Terra: That's not what YO MOMMA said last night!!!
Gardevoir: My- what? Are you really-
Terra: RAWWRRRRRRR! THOU SHALTED BE SMITEDEST WITH THE MALLET OF ETERNAL DOOM. TERRAAAAAA... SMASH!!!!!!!!
RAAAAA----*%@*#(!@%&% .......
TV: We're sorry, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties.
That's all on today's Interview Intermission. Until next time!

...There's a reason I said "interesting" was the best descriptor I could come up with for her. I think "bizarre" would work, too, but that's nothing new in Reborn.

Nah, I'm fairly certain this is just Ame's way of trying to even out the playing field/give the player a way to combat the advantage she gives to the opponent. Or I could be completely wrong and we're all going to be swept by Unburden Flying Gem Acrobatics Hawlucha in a spectacular fashion.

Could be either of those things, possibly... or it could be for something else entirely. Or perhaps I should say, for someone...

Edited by Lost Lore

There are two people we know will be in Agate City.

Also, Samson is definitely in Agate City, since he works in the Agate Circus. So I figured he'd be the next Gym, too, but that's just a guess. (I mean, he doesn't have to be there just because of that, but... it'd be kinda weird if he weren't, wouldn't it?

Like LL said, Samson is in Agate City, because he's a gym leader there at the Circus. However, after defeating Aya in the Wasteland, Hardy mentioned that the player can meet him at Agate. That would be reason enough for Aya to head to Agate. As for the Rawr, that's either Terra or Hardy's amp plugged into a PULSE.

I don't mind if you're intentionally vague about her for some plot-spoiler reason, but can you at least tell me why Terra is your/everyone's favorite leader? If you haven't even met her and she's your favorite already that's ... odd. Or is this some sort of "adults-can't-see-why-kids-love-cinnamon-toast-crunch" scenario?

​grammar nitpick: you have 8 ellipses in your two statements and they've become incredibly common in your recent posts. surely you can reform your sentence structure to not overuse or abuse this form of punctuation?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a rant-y post to get back to writing in a vaguely upset manner.

Nah, i can't stop using ellipses... They've became a common thing for me and now i can't stop using them (You see the first one in this post? I didn't notice that i used it). I can try though, i know it can be annoying sometimes.

Terra is loud, and based on her personality on the interview AND on the server (Cuz i missed a big part of her in the server, but i still managed to see some stuff), she is "different" from your common gym leaders. I'll refrain from saying anything else until i met her though.