Houndoom

Ikaru

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 4 months later...
HellboundHound
(Houndoom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Modest / Timid
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

This was my lead pokemon back when I was plating dark types, and I still use it often. I sashed it because Houndooms have horrible defense, and tend to go in one hit without it. This does however grant the hound a chance to use nasty plot giving it a bone chilling 700 sp. att with modest nature. (just hope your target does not have priority)

• 3 months later...
Get out, Physical Sweeper
(Houndoom) (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Counter
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

I throw this out on Machamp and Excadrill. Counter will do away with them if there isnt set up

• 5 months later...
Now that that annoying glitch is done with... here's my houndoom lead :)

---

Houndoom (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flame Charge
- Beat Up
- Counter
- Taunt

---

Flame Charge to speed up if need be, Beat Up as a lead with decent speed is painful, and Counter to kill anything that outspeeds her :D

Physical because I wanted to use Beat Up XD

• 4 weeks later...
Dawg (Houndoom) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk) [b]OR[/b] Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- SolarBeam
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

This is useful for Sun Teams. SolarBeam gets rid of every fire weakness and has a high 120 power with 100% accuracy.

• 11 months later...

Sucide lead.

Houndoom @ Focus Sash

EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

- Sucker Punch

- Spite

- Reversal

- Overheat

Houndoom has terrible defense, and as a lead, you want to survive as long as possible to do serious damage before going down. Focus Sash easily takes care of this problem. It also helps to boost Reversal drastically, seeing its based on how little your HP is. Overheat is there as an altnerative in case Physical Walls. Sucker Punch will also help to rid the enemy of the little HP they are left with in case Reversal didn't take them out. Spite is mostly therefor filler, but can help to annoy stuff like Dugtrio's Sucker Punch and Meinshao's (rare) Detect.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the Houndoom set I always use in UU:

Mixed
Houndoom @ [Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty
Sucker Punch
Fire Blast
Crunch
Pursuit

This is built to destroy ghosts that get in Heracross and Mienshao's way and to be a sort of emergency check for things like Darmanitan. None of those are allowed in UU on Reborn, I think, and I'm not accustomed to Reborn's UU yet but with the plethora of Fighting types in the UU tier you'll probably still be able to make use of it. Sucker Punch is a godsend if your team otherwise lacks priority. You need to play skilfully with it, but in the right hands it can be just what your team needs. Keep in mind it neither sweeps or wallbreaks aside from maybe getting a lucky Fire Blast on Gligar, but is mainly designed to remove things like Cofagrigus and such which can keep your main sweepers at bay. Obviously you need to be aware that pretty much any decent hit will take Houndoom out so you have to predict your opponent and look for opportunities to get in rather than switching it in willy-nilly. The lack of team preview works in Houndoom's favour as it's even more effective when people don't see it coming.

Edited by Ashka